Which song should I learn?

RedSam

I read it somewhere, and someone played it at A level, and got an A for it.

Something about using "a variety of techniques". I'd give it a 5 or a 6, just for the tremelo and the end.

I guess I know what i'm doing for my A level then :awesome:

There's no way Knights is a grade 8, sorry. Surely that'd be something involving sweeping arpeggios and switching between some complex chords and generally being more difficult than wobbling the whammy bar and playing 1 note at a time...

There's no way Knights is a grade 8, sorry. Surely that'd be something involving sweeping arpeggios and switching between some complex chords and generally being more difficult than wobbling the whammy bar and playing 1 note at a time...

That's exactly what I thought Phill.

I did knights for my higher exam (Scottish A level) along side whiskey rock a roller :) neither of those songs are particularly hard its probably just cause of the bits like triplets and stuff :)

i heard assassin is a "university piece" on drums :LOL:

wow thanks for all of the suggestions! I started with Time is Running out, and I have most of it down I think.. now I just have to memorize the tabs. I've also started working on Plug in Baby, and I pretty much have the intro/outro down on that.

thanks guys!

I'd say PiB is deffinately a good one for beginners, but the thing I'd watch out for is using your 4th finger on the main riff. Alot of people use their 3rd finger on the 9th fret but if you do that you'll jsut have to eventually learn to use your weak 4 finger when you're a bit more dexteritous, so best of playing it with the 4th finger straight off so that you don't have to practise a different method of playing a few months later.

And KoC, grade 8? That's just shocking!:eek:

Archived