Cymbal cleaner

failed_drummer

zildjian polish on a sabian cymbal = self destruct.

That's what I thought...

I'm not particularly bothered about getting a bright sound (I like my cymbals dark), but I need to sell some and they look better clean. Also, I just bought some more and they are scabby. Nice-ish cymbals (Sabian B8s and XS20s), but nasty looking; the guy I bought them from clearly didn't look after them that well.

I don't think so, but like I said, I don't bother cleaning mine.

My old drummer had a selection of zildjian (sp?) sabian and stagg cymbals. He cleaned them all with this generic cleaning solution. I can't remember the name, it was something quirky like Uncle Tom's Sparkle Sauce - something stupid like that.

Heres a trick I learned from my uncle who was in the services (for you americans, read military). Rub candle-wax onto any metal surface, then polish in brasso. The wax gets absorbed into the top layer of crystals and stops the metal oxidizing again for a while. Just reapply after a year or two if you are sweating everywhere, but on a sabian cymbals this method works with no detriment to tone/clarity/sustain.

Heres a trick I learned from my uncle who was in the services (for you americans, read military). Rub candle-wax onto any metal surface, then polish in brasso. The wax gets absorbed into the top layer of crystals and stops the metal oxidizing again for a while. Just reapply after a year or two if you are sweating everywhere, but on a sabian cymbals this method works with no detriment to tone/clarity/sustain.

Or an already soft wax like surfboard wax called Sex Wax works great too and it's easier to coat the surface bonus=it smells tropical.

Or an already soft wax like surfboard wax called Sex Wax works great too and it's easier to coat the surface bonus=it smells tropical.

mmm sex wax. i'm more of a palmers man myself. the best stick for your stick.

• 2 weeks later...

Groove Juice.

This stuff is amazing, you just spray it all over your cymbal, wait 30 seconds and then rinse under cold water. then dry like MAD with a towl. Ive tried loads of cleaners, used ketchup, toothpaste, copper cleaner - this stuffs like 6 quid a bottle and its well worth it. If you want to keep your logos on your cymbals, you can spray around them, but just to warn you this stuff is STRONG!

38824_416044700941_610415941_5231220_5722409_n.jpg

Just cleaned that one

Archived