Really? I got beat up by like eight people for defending Muse.

Beat up=your arguments were countered?

:chuckle: I'm a nonconformist JUST LIKE EVERYONE ELSE :awesome::party:

Well, it's true that if you listen to mainstream pop radio here you'll never ever hear Muse…and I actually know more people that know those bands you've listed, Sippe, than Muse, but otherwise…yeah…:LOL:

Muse are played on lots of pop stations :p

Muse are played on lots of pop stations :p

Not here, which is what I'm speaking for. The rest of the world likes Muse as far as I know. :LOL:. I know they're played on 101.9rxp here, but they're not exactly "mainstream pop". I haven't heard them played anywhere else. At least recently, I definitely remember hearing Muse on other stations just 4 years ago…

I'm aware that a lot of people like Muse. One of my suitemates loves them, I see different people wearing Muse shirts every couple days. I'm just saying that the radio here really is stupid.

Really? I got beat up by like eight people for defending Muse.

We countered your so called "arguments" with arguments based on things they had actually said and done this tour. In turn, we were countered with "GTFO OMG" and "OMFG HOW CAN U CALL URSELF A MUSE FAN?!?!? HERPDY DERPDY".

good job R/L have got them fangirling :p

Might as well, there is just no way for them to back out of it now. :awesome:

We countered your so called "arguments" with arguments based on things they had actually said and done this tour. In turn, we were countered with "GTFO OMG" and "OMFG HOW CAN U CALL URSELF A MUSE FAN?!?!? HERPDY DERPDY".

:LOL:

Might as well, there is just no way for them to back out of it now. :awesome:

Well, when Dee is being optimistic, then you know that something fucking amazing is coming! :awesome: the realization hasn't actually sunk into me yet :LOL: that im going to hear Micro Cuts, Hyper Music aaandd Space Dementia, not to mention Bliss and CE, which were still slightly sought after :awesome:

Well, when Dee is being optimistic, then you know that something fucking amazing is coming! :awesome: the realization hasn't actually sunk into me yet :LOL: that im going to hear Micro Cuts, Hyper Music aaandd Space Dementia, not to mention Bliss and CE, which were still slightly sought after :awesome:

Well I figure that if they do back out of playing OoS in full, this messageboard will be evacuated faster than Matt can sing "like a neutron star collision".

You know, after me, hip and Sippe royally fuck this place up.

Beat up=your arguments were countered?

Nope. A lot of people pulled the "age factor/I've known Muse longer than you" card.

I love this thread. Never on topic. :awesome:

I know :LOL:

Nope. A lot of people pulled the "age factor/I've known Muse longer than you" card.

I know :LOL:

Give us an example of when this could ever be used as a serious argument :LOL:

"Muse should split up because of X"

"I don't agree"

"Well I'm older than you, fuck off."

Well I figure that if they do back out of playing OoS in full, this messageboard will be evacuated faster than Matt can sing "like a neutron star collision".

No it wont. It'll be overflowing with hate threads and worship of Lady Gaga's holy ass.

A lot of people also said, essentially, that we should just follow along like blind sheep and completely ignore the fact that a lot of fans got stupidly short sets at ridiculous prices. While we were at it, we were supposed to ignore little faults such as the pedal excuse, the setlist polls of death, and the special treatment given to Australia and Asia.

You know, after me, hip and Sippe royally fuck this place up.

I will just laugh in everyones face. Especially Carries.

Yeah, there's just been so much stuff, the web design, all the interviews, the twitter, it would be like self destruct to back out :LOL: But, if it does happen, ill join you :LOL:

Seriously? :LOL:

Muse are freakishly huge for a band like them. You'd have to be living in a hole to never have heard of them. Those other bands are slightly more understandable. But still, it's kinda funny, I enjoy enlightening them about their obvious stupidity.

Believe me, a large chunk of the population here hasn't heard of them. I mention Muse, I get a blank stare. It's probably different if you're 18 but I'm 39. Arctic Monkeys and Placebo are household names here.

To be fair, i was a fangirl until i joined this forum, and as much as i don't like it, i can see Dee's and Hipbones' points, and they're right. :/ :LOL: good job R/L have got them fangirling :p

Fangirl? But you're a boy :stunned:

Give us an example of when this could ever be used as a serious argument :LOL:

"Muse should split up because of X"

"I don't agree"

"Well I'm older than you, fuck off."

"Muse should split up because they're terrible."

"Well their older stuff is great."

"You wouldn't know. You were a little kid then. What do you know?"

A lot of people also said, essentially, that we should just follow along like blind sheep and completely ignore the fact that a lot of fans got stupidly short sets at ridiculous prices. While we were at it, we were supposed to ignore little faults such as the pedal excuse, the setlist polls of death, and the special treatment given to Australia and Asia.

I do completely agree with that. I think their bias towards different countries and laziness with the setlists is stupid. I just don't think that's enough of a reason for them to stop being a band altogether.

Believe me, a large chunk of the population here hasn't heard of them. I mention Muse, I get a blank stare. It's probably different if you're 18 but I'm 39. Arctic Monkeys and Placebo are household names here.

Fangirl? But you're a boy :stunned:

Or am i? :eek:

:LOL: do people use the term Fanboy? i thought it was just Fangirl for boys and girls, here's the part where you tell me Dee is a girl? That would be wierd :LOL:

"Muse should split up because they're terrible."

"Well their older stuff is great."

"You wouldn't know. You were a little kid then. What do you know?"

I do completely agree with that. I think their bias towards different countries and laziness with the setlists is stupid. I just don't think that's enough of a reason for them to stop being a band altogether.

What a lot of people completely missed was that the thread was a complete wind up. Obvious and easy :p

It's quite different here. :LOL: Mention Muse to someone in their teens and you'll be getting 'wtf who are they', whereas most adults I've mentioned them to are like 'hell yeah Muse!'.

Older songs (New Born for example) have been completely useless, the gigs have been 90% about the lights and show and 10% about the music, and older and/or hardcore fans have been almost completely ignored.

As it seemed that Muse had completely stopped caring, they might as well have just split right then and there.

This place can seem a bit bewildering and brutal when you're new.

Exactly. Thank you :D

I was lurking for ages before joining.

Same. I signed up in January and started lurking through some threads during August. I didn't start posting or talking to people until the end of the month.