Muse started down a slippery slope when they stopped writing songs which broke clich, and instead started making songs which compiled clich.

Well said. This new song is dreadful, just as I feared. It's a terrible mashup of Invincible, Resistance, and Knights of Cydonia. Unfortunately it lacks the heart and soul of those songs and instead we have Muse music run through the generic pop machine.

Originally Posted by Clunge View Post

Across the board, I am seeing everything about Muse I fell in love with being slowly eroded, seemingly (and I'm not saying this is the case) in favour of tapping into a new audience at the expense of those who have invested so much time and money in them to get to this stage.

Kudos to you too for summing up how I feel exactly.

Across the board, I am seeing everything about Muse I fell in love with being slowly eroded, seemingly (and I'm not saying this is the case) in favour of tapping into a new audience at the expense of those who have invested so much time and money in them to get to this stage.

I love you.

It makes me sad that people are so negative about this song. I mean, it's one thing to simply not like it - that's a personal thing - and it's another thing to say they suck because it isn't another [any of their early songs].

I've been sceptical at first when I've seen the preview but the song is growing on me. Don't really care about NSC being another Twilight song because I don't care much about Twilight. But I think it's still quite an honour for Muse to be included or rather have this as the lead single of the soundtrack. Don't like it? Ignore it. Sure there are a lot of obnoxious people out there who just recognize them by SBH being on the first soundtrack, but at least they listen to Muse. There are worse things.

I really like the song, I like the lyrics (they're not worse or better than any of their previous songs/lyrics and fit the theme of the movie well) and I love the piano part! :yesey:

It makes me sad that people are so negative about this song. I mean, it's one thing to simply not like it - that's a personal thing - and it's another thing to say they suck because it isn't another [any of their early songs].

I've been sceptical at first when I've seen the preview but the song is growing on me. Don't really care about NSC being another Twilight song because I don't care much about Twilight. But I think it's still quite an honour for Muse to be included or rather have this as the lead single of the soundtrack. Don't like it? Ignore it. Sure there are a lot of obnoxious people out there who just recognize them by SBH being on the first soundtrack, but at least they listen to Muse. There are worse things.

I really like the song, I like the lyrics (they're not worse or better than any of their previous songs/lyrics and fit the theme of the movie well) and I love the piano part! :yesey:

You obviously haven't even been reading WHY people don't like it, and why it(among other things lately) makes them(or us) so worried.

You obviously haven't even been reading WHY people don't like it, and why it(among other things lately) makes them(or us) so worried.

I'm not saying that everyone doesn't like it for the same reasons. I know that there are a lot of different opinions but this is something that really bugs me.

I'm not saying that everyone doesn't like it for the same reasons. I know that there are a lot of different opinions but this is something that really bugs me.

"it's another thing to say they suck because it isn't another [any of their early songs]."

Please tell me who posted anything even close to that.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Ss8rznObLM

from 3.50.

a very interesting interview by the way.

edit: such a preview picture. :LOL: blood and r'n'b and Dom's face.

I've seen that interview before. I don't mind the concept of evolution, change all that. It's just the change that's happening I don't really like... I mean, I like it now okay, but if it continues in the same direction, I might not like where it ends up. Does that make any sense?

Oh, and you're right, that was an excellent preview picture. :p

I've seen that interview before. I don't mind the concept of evolution, change all that. It's just the change that's happening I don't really like... I mean, I like it now okay, but if it continues in the same direction, I might not like where it ends up. Does that make any sense?

Oh, and you're right, that was an excellent preview picture. :p

i understand you. it must be very disappointing when you lose your interest in musicians whose music you've loved for years. personally i'd feel..don't know..guilty for myself. how silly, i know but still.

We can't lose heart. They still did MK and US, so who knows, like Matt said in that interview ^^^^ they're getting older, and their life is changing. He also said his life has been very unpredictable. Maybe he'll find another woman that he really loves, and that will spark his more creative side again, like when he was younger.

I know they've been heading downhill, but each album sounds different... we've got a year or two before they make a new one. So it's too early to tell what will happen. So don't give up on them, yet!

i understand you. it must be very disappointing when you lose your interest in musicians whose music you've loved for years. personally i'd feel..don't know..guilty for myself. how silly, i know but still.

Don't get me wrong, I haven't completely lost interest yet! I'll give them another album or two... who knows? Maybe this is just a stage, haha.

some people keep comparing NSC to older muse songs, but do they really listen to (and actually like) all these old songs? try comparing this to bedroom acoustic or hate this n ill love you, for example, NSC is better IMO. (dont compare this to citizen erased, its not on the same class of epicness)

NSC has its own weak parts: the lyrics, some might say. or the chorus, arpeggios or whatever. but not every song is perfect for everyone. Spiral static for example, is an old song. it has great chorus, i love it. and thats the only part of the song that i actually like.the intro part or verse is just not my taste. but as a whole i love spiral static.

and i quite love NSC too.

:unsure:

It's just scary that the songs they've released since The Resistance have been absolute garbage. I fear their next CD will be more of the same.

Uhm, Prague was just a cover, so it doesn't really count.

So one song.

Uhm, Prague was just a cover, so it doesn't really count.

So one song.

Prague, Popcorn (granted it was a fun throw away song), Soaked, and now this monstrosity. Might as well throw in the I Belong To You "remix" since we're talking about garbage.

Prague, Popcorn (granted it was a fun throw away song), Soaked, and now this monstrosity. Might as well throw in the I Belong To You "remix" since we're talking about garbage.

Soaked was recorded around the time of Black Holes & Revelations (and was never released), and IBTY Remix was barely serious at all.

Archived