It sounds weak in places, but I think it's better than everyone makes out.

Being weak isn't its problem imo(aside from KoC)

The problem is that it sounds "mushy" and it brings the sound quality down. Just can't hear any details.

I think that Matt's singing in the 2005-2006 gigs was much better than it is now.

I wouldn't say the singing was better but the effects on his voice were amazing and made him sound his best.

EDIT: Although, his falsetto was probably at its best around that time.

I wouldn't say the singing was better but the effects on his voice were amazing and made him sound his best.

EDIT: Although, his falsetto was probably at its best around that time.

The 2006-2007 vocal effects were amazing indeed, just listen to City of Delusion form Wembley 2007 :stongue:

the effects on his voice were amazing and made him sound his best.

Yes, definitely! Though he did bring some voice effects back, recently, so there is hope :)

The 2006-2007 vocal effects were amazing indeed, just listen to City of Delusion form Wembley 2007 :stongue:

Wembley's performance is really good, but just imagine if he had belted the 3rd chorus like he did in Denver (

), that would have been incredible...

Oh, here's one. All of the performances of Butterflies And Hurricanes prior to The Resistance Tour were dull and weak :) mainly due to Matt's voice, he had to use a lot of vocal effects to give it any oomph and the wimpyness still got through. He really stepped up his game during The Resistance Tour.

Edited by Jazzthief

Wembley's performance is really good, but just imagine if he had belted the 3rd chorus like he did in Denver (
), that would have been incredible...

Yup, that was pretty good, but he had a hard time doing it back then, notice how he cuts into falsetto for a moment when coming out of the note (A4?)

Double post for the win

Oh, here's one. All of the performances of Butterflies And Hurricanes prior to The Resistance Tour were dull and weak :) mainly due to Matt's voice, he had to use a lot of vocal effects to give it any oomph and it the wimpyness still got through. He really stepped up his game during The Resistance Tour.

B&H is a song that really needed a "thicker" and fuller sound in the choruses, something that came naturally as he aged. I agree that it sounds better these days.

Oh, here's one. All of the performances of Butterflies And Hurricanes prior to The Resistance Tour were dull and weak :) mainly due to Matt's voice, he had to use a lot of vocal effects to give it any oomph and the wimpyness still got through. He really stepped up his game during The Resistance Tour.

Definitely agree. SDF 2010 is one of my favourite Butterflies performances.