...So you don't know what an opinion is? What you describe isn't your opinion. It's your belief. Your belief is that "most people like it just because it's Chris". I'm going to state this again: if it can be proven false or true, it isn't an opinion. It's either belief or fact.

Cute, but this argument only started because you don't know what an opinion is. Wouldn't call that a petty detail myself.

Now you're just arguing semantics. Give it a rest.

It is a petty detail and you know it. Did I present it as a fact? Did I say "this is factually true"? No, I didn't. So therefore you can just assume that it's my opinion....sorry, my BELIEF, that I posted in the first place. Move along, wannabe.

Now you're just arguing semantics. Give it a rest.

It is a petty detail and you know it. Did I present it as a fact? Did I say "this is factually true"? No, I didn't. So therefore you can just assume that it's my opinion....sorry, my BELIEF, that I posted in the first place. Move along, wannabe.

I really feel like I'm being trolled, because nobody can be this ignorant, can they?

It's not an opinion. Even if you had said "THIS IS MY OPINION", it wouldn't have been a fucking opinion.

I really feel like I'm being trolled, because nobody can be this ignorant, can they?

It's not an opinion. Even if you had said "THIS IS MY OPINION", it wouldn't have been a fucking opinion.

But you said that in order to not be an opinion, you must be able to prove it right or wrong, yeah?

So how are you going to prove anything when it's all based on other people's opinions in the first place? You can't prove that I'm right or wrong, so by your own logic, it is indeed an opinion. Or a belief. Call it whatever you want.

You are boring to me.

But you said that in order to not be an opinion, you must be able to prove it right or wrong, yeah?

So how are you going to prove anything when it's all based on other people's opinions in the first place? You can't prove that I'm right or wrong, so by your own logic, it is indeed an opinion. Or a belief. Call it whatever you want.

You are boring to me.

Sorry love but you are wrong :(

You are boring to me.

...What? I can say "you don't like Big Freeze" and be right, even though it's your opinion. That people have opinions is a given, and we can use those opinions in factual statements like I just did. That doesn't stop the opinions themselves from being completely subjective.

Also opinion and belief are two different things, you seem to have missed that too.

How? If it can't be proven right or wrong, it's an opinion.

It's the principle of being proven right or wrong that counts, not the actual execution and how it would be done.

An opinion can't be proven right or wrong, but the reasoning behind it can. That Chris is the reason people like Save Me IS something that in theory can be proven by simply getting to know the reason why they like it. In reality ofc people are 1. Not gonna entirely know why they like it. 2. Not gonna want to admit to liking something for a reason that would seem less valid.

But in theory it is still very much a true/false situation.

It's the principle of being proven right or wrong that counts, not the actual execution and how it would be done.

An opinion can't be proven right or wrong, but the reasoning behind it can. That Chris is the reason people like Save Me IS something that in theory can be proven by simply getting to know the reason why they like it. In reality ofc people are 1. Not gonna entirely know why they like it. 2. Not gonna want to admit to liking something for a reason that would seem less valid.

But in theory it is still very much a true/false situation.

No it's not. Because people really don't know why they like songs or anything. Or I'm really totally stupid right now.

No it's not. Because people really don't know why they like songs or anything. Or I'm really totally stupid right now.

You're missing the point that I made clear like 3 times in my post.

in THEORY, it's still a true/false situation, no matter if it's possible to prove or not. There IS a reason to why you like something, that you don't know why doesn't change that. The reason still exist even if you can't see, touch or understand it.

You're missing the point that I made clear like 3 times in my post.

in THEORY, it's still a true/false situation, no matter if it's possible to prove or not. There IS a reason to why you like something, that you don't know why doesn't change that. The reason still exist even if you can't see, touch or understand it.

well, in theory you can do a lot of funny things. that's what I learned in physics at least :LOL: That's why I prefer to keep it real. And in reality the human perception is just too raw for things like definite knowledge of themselves. I see your point tough.

Wasn't Dee's opinion that people like Save Me just because it is Chris' song?

I don't get how you can say that is wrong? As you pointed out it's an opinion so it can neither be factually correct/incorrect.

Nobody has said that it's wrong. We've been saying it's not an opinion.

I don't get how you can say that is wrong? As you pointed out it's an opinion so it can neither be factually correct/incorrect.

Way to not get this at all. We're saying that "People like Save Me because..." isn't an opinion, simply because it CAN in theory be proven right or wrong. It's a factual statement.

No no, they tried to point out that it's NOT an opinion :LOL:

And another controversial opinion of mine is that Showbiz is actually pretty awesome (imo)

Nobody has said that it's wrong. We've been saying it's not an opinion.

Way to not get this at all. We're saying that "People like Save Me because..." isn't an opinion, simply because it CAN in theory be proven right or wrong. It's a factual statement.

How isn't it an opinion?

"People like Save Me because of the vocals" would still be an opinion. I don't think we are going to be polling the people that like Save Me and asking them. I guess it can be a hypothesis but regardless it is still something he believes.

How isn't it an opinion?

"People like Save Me because of the vocals" would still be an opinion. I don't think we are going to be polling the people that like Save Me and asking them. I guess it can be a hypothesis but regardless it is still something he believes.

Haha, better read the last posts, or they'll bash you ;)