Actually, I don't think this board would be that depressing if the "loving no mater what"-fans didn't bitch all the time.

"I don't like this and this with Muse"

"Oh, then maybe you should just leave, Muse can do what they want"

"Yes, of course, I'm just saying what I th..."

"SHUSH! If you're gonna complain, do it someplace else"

instead of just:

"I don't like this and this with Muse"

"Okay, too bad"

You see, I don't have a problem with complains, why should I? This is a messageboard for opinions, if you don't like someones opinion about Muse, get over it and stop bitching.

I'm not saying not to have an opinion. As fans, we do know what is good and bad in our opinion when it comes to songs/setlists/other stuff, and we have the right to express what we think of it.

It's the "fans" who complain about every single thing for sake of complaining.

There wasn't enough variety in the setlists, so the band added some new songs. But the songs weren't enough because they were doing the polls. So they are trying/are probably getting around to getting some new songs into the sets. But this is probably a timely process because of the light show. And then somebody will complain that it's taking to long, so they should just play a song without the lights. But then somebody else would complain that the song was boring without the light show. And then the "no matter what" fan would tell them to stop complaining.

(This is obviously just a scenario, maybe exaggerated... but you get the point.) There's no issue with saying "I don't like this and this." Okay, good for you! You have an opinion. But when people say "I hate this, this, this, this, this, this, this, and everything else... RIP Muse, you've been going downhill since Glasto '04." It's just obnoxious.

You see what I'm trying to say? You can have your opinion, and I agree about some of the things people have to say. But the people who are NEVER satisfied... they drive me crazy. Muse aren't bad people. Getting lazy? Yeah, maybe. But that doesn't mean that we have to bitch about every move they make- they're trying. They're here to entertain us, not to please their mostly-whiny messageboard.

I'm not saying not to have an opinion. As fans, we do know what is good and bad in our opinion when it comes to songs/setlists/other stuff, and we have the right to express what we think of it.

There wasn't enough variety in the setlists, so the band added some new songs. But the songs weren't enough because they were doing the polls. So they are trying/are probably getting around to getting some new songs into the sets. But this is probably a timely process because of the light show. And then somebody will complain that it's taking to long, so they should just play a song without the lights. But then somebody else would complain that the song was boring without the light show. And then the "no matter what" fan would tell them to stop complaining.

(This is obviously just a scenario, maybe exaggerated... but you get the point.) There's no issue with saying "I don't like this and this." Okay, good for you! You have an opinion. But when people say "I hate this, this, this, this, this, this, this, and everything else... RIP Muse, you've been going downhill since Glasto '04." It's just obnoxious.

You see what I'm trying to say? You can have your opinion, and I agree about some of the things people have to say. But the people who are NEVER satisfied... they drive me crazy. Muse aren't bad people. Getting lazy? Yeah, maybe. But that doesn't mean that we have to bitch about every move they make- they're trying. They're here to entertain us, not to please their mostly-whiny messageboard.

I agree with this up to a point. but the thing is that in many peoples eyes they have been going down since earls court '04 (not glasto) which in some ways is true (as far as performances of pre BH&R goes)

but I do agree complaining won't help...

Muse have changed and we just have to accept that, they are different now and for some people they are better (even though I would personally prefer '04 Muse back)

It isn't at all to be honest.

I believe Soulwax run their's themselves from a laptop onstage, so they can drop anything in and the lights will operate perfectly, but Muse may be using a more complex setup.

But if Muse are restricted because of their light show to change the setlist and improvise, why are they still bothering to be a "rock" band and not just go into full on spectacle?

If I have any issue with Muse's live show it's that ^^^ it's neither one or the other.

I wouldn't say they ever went down hill, they kept getting better since day one and sort of peaked. They're a bit stuck catering to two very different audiences and I think they're doing it superbly.

They've had phenominal shows post BHaR, Royal Albert Hall 2008 anyone? A couple of rarities amidst the classics and popular singles goes a long way, and they have tried to do that again even if it is just Bliss and CE forever.

Just as long as they dont forget their greats of the past, they're golden.

I wouldn't say they ever went down hill, they kept getting better since day one and sort of peaked. They're a bit stuck catering to two very different audiences and I think they're doing it superbly.

They've had phenominal shows post BHaR, Royal Albert Hall 2008 anyone? A couple of rarities amidst the classics and popular singles goes a long way, and they have tried to do that again even if it is just Bliss and CE forever.

Just as long as they dont forget their greats of the past, they're golden.

but can you really say that they have ever captures the "pwoper muse" of the SS performances in '04 at earls court and glasto ever since?? they haven't smashed the stage or screamed the last line ever since and I don't think I am the only one who misses that.... we just get KoC every night for over a year now

The thing that you forget is that the "people" all say different things. One person hates this, another person hates that. I don't think that there is anyone on this board that complains about everything, but there are complains about everything, see the difference?

To be extra clear. Someone doesn't like when Muse do something, and then when they don't do that, someone else doesn't like it. There will always be people complaining, because people have different opinions.

but can you really say that they have ever captures the "pwoper muse" of the SS performances in '04 at earls court and glasto ever since?? they haven't smashed the stage or screamed the last line ever since and I don't think I am the only one who misses that.... we just get KoC every night for over a year now

I'd rather have Matt not screaming so much, over having Matt losing his voice halfway into the setlist.

SS almost always gets about 2/3's of the post riffage. I think it's to do with the publicity and accessability of the glasto performance that people believe it was head and shoulders above the rest.

This tour, people were worried about the Glitteratti being broken in a New Born post riffage destruction spree where he'd smashed the guitar and thrown it into the drums again. And that was just a standard arena date with handcam rtecordings on youtube.

I'm not expecting them to be as outrageous at Glast next Saturday, but it's not a stretch of the imagination at all for them to go ahead and do it again.

SS almost always gets about 2/3's of the post riffage. I think it's to do with the publicity and accessability of the glasto performance that people believe it was head and shoulders above the rest.

This tour, people were worried about the Glitteratti being broken in a New Born post riffage destruction spree where he'd smashed the guitar and thrown it into the drums again. And that was just a standard arena date with handcam rtecordings on youtube.

I'm not expecting them to be as outrageous at Glast next Saturday, but it's not a stretch of the imagination at all for them to go ahead and do it again.

SS nowdays is so restrained cos he is always saving up for Koc which imo should be earlier in the set.

Although we get riffs they are not so mental

Okay then, losing his voice over time and having him sound like James LaBrie on the next album ;)

but wouldn't you prefer a '04 style SS performance even if it was only at wembley rather than never at all (once wouldn't kill him that quickly..)

but wouldn't you prefer a '04 style SS performance even if it was only at wembley rather than never at all (once wouldn't kill him that quickly..)

Of course, I'm just saying that I understand why he doesn't do it. But I would love it if he did of course :D

Of course, I'm just saying that I understand why he doesn't do it. But I would love it if he did of course :D

ok agreed, but I do think that his mind set would be different if he hadn't got in to the whole Starlight, UD, resistance, GL, NSC thing..... and they could still play SS with more passion even if he saved his voice.

Showbiz in '06 was a shadow of its former self for example and there is no reason why it can't be passionate...

ok I'll stop complaining before someone complains at me!

The thing that you forget is that the "people" all say different things. One person hates this, another person hates that. I don't think that there is anyone on this board that complains about everything, but there are complains about everything, see the difference?

To be extra clear. Someone doesn't like when Muse do something, and then when they don't do that, someone else doesn't like it. There will always be people complaining, because people have different opinions.

I definitely understand what you're saying. :) And for the most part, you are 100% correct. But there are a select few who insist on the whole "everything post-Absolution Tour is just terrible sell-out Muse." If you know what I mean. Opinions are great! But why bother being on the boards if you hate what Muse is now?

I definitely understand what you're saying. :) And for the most part, you are 100% correct. But there are a select few who insist on the whole "everything post-Absolution Tour is just terrible sell-out Muse." If you know what I mean. Opinions are great! But why bother being on the boards if you hate what Muse is now?

Because they still love the old albums? It's not like they will stop liking OoS just because TR "sucks" ;)

But yeah, some people could really have a better tone when complaining. Saying "OMG IT SUX SO BAD!" is just stupid.

because old muse dose still exist and those people can still go and listen to absolution tour by themselves in a dark room if they want. I can imagine if you absolutely hate BH&R and TR and had been a fan of Muse since Uno then u must feel let down and that is why they troll.

I personally prefer Absolution and OoS but I like the new stuff too :)

Because they still love the old albums? It's not like they will stop liking OoS just because TR "sucks" ;)

But yeah, some people could really have a better tone when complaining. Saying "OMG IT SUX SO BAD!" is just stupid.

Shit, I am so bad at phrasing things. :LOL: I didn't mean it like that either. I don't care if you hate BHAR and TR. (I get tired of them on occasion too. Trust me.) It's the second part of your post. The "RIP Muse" and the "OMG, what happened to them? SELLOUTS!! BLASPHEMY!!! :pope: " people who I'm talking about. And the incessant posts of this all over the boards.

Shit, I am so bad at phrasing things. :LOL: I didn't mean it like that either. I don't care if you hate BHAR and TR. (I get tired of them on occasion too. Trust me.) It's the second part of your post. The "RIP Muse" and the "OMG, what happened to them? SELLOUTS!! BLASPHEMY!!! :pope: " people who I'm talking about. And the incessant posts of this all over the boards.

Well, I don't like Muse as a band, and I'm still here. I have lost almost all my respect for them, and could easily be one of those people. Seriously, if you don't have anything good to say, shut up. Negative opinions are fine, even good, but fucking overreacted whining is just stupid. Ah, I don't have time to finish my post in a good way, but you get my point! I agree, if you didn't get that ;)