When I told my poor husband about dinner, he said. "I'm going to be so outclassed! I mean, I like their music, but I don't even know the names of their albums, or the band members, or ... all that." :LOL:

Heh. I really think his mind is going to be blown at this show. He just doesn't realize it. That's okay, it will be fun to watch. :D

:happy:

Are the student entrance and the main entrance the same thing?

And danke for the phone numbers!

This is what I received in my email, so I'm going to go by it --

The General Admission line will form at the Southeast Entrance only, beginning at 8:00am. This is also referred to as the student entrance. There will be signage guiding you.

EDIT: so I thought there would be two entrances for GA, but apparently it's just one. Only the Southeast entrance/aka student entrance.

Just thought I'd chime in. Trying to stay off the forums to get some writing done, but failing miserably.

Things to note:

1) 6PM for parking is accurate-spaces are used for UVa employees during the day so the chance of getting towed before this time is HIGH

2) The Villa is the closest restaurant to the venue unless you go to Barracks Rd for pizza, Thai, Five Guys, Panera, Chipotle, McDs. I like the Villa - it's a greasy spoon, but it's got a good breakfast and it's cheap. There's also a mexican across the road from Barracks behind the Tavern that's not too bad.

3) Only people likely to be in the queue early are students. The show isn't sold out so I'm not sure how bad the lines will be.

4) There's a 30% chance of showers tomorrow night, 40% during day; we'll probably get rain in the morning, but it will clear up by the time the show starts. we got some rain today btw, but very little

5) IMHO, meet n greets are slim to none for this show - I've already checked with some of the bigger music peeps in the area and the record rep has got it clamped down tight

6) on a plus side, this is their last US show other than voodoo so we might get something special from the set list

:awesome: I'll be there at 8 AM. Forgive me this is a stupid question, what do you mean by covering? :$

Hm, I don't know anything about this arena. This is going to be interesting to try and find you guys. I guess I'll just look for people lined up?

Well, I thought there'd be a covering when I understood the main entrance to be the place to queue. This has changed since I've learned that we'll be using the Southeast entrance, which has very minimal to no overhang/covering for us to stand under. see you bright and early!!

If it's raining, expect far few than 20 people. :LOL:

+holycrapit'stomorrow!

Is it bad that I'm kinda hoping it rains? :p

Well, I thought there'd be a covering when I understood the main entrance to be the place to queue. This has changed since I've learned that we'll be using the Southeast entrance, which has very minimal to no overhang/covering for us to stand under. see you bright and early!!

Ohhh. I must be very tired for not understanding that :facepalm: .

Well this will be interesting to try and find the southeast entrance :p

See ya there! :)

Is it bad that I'm kinda hoping it rains? :p

Not really :p

Though:

Showers and scattered thunderstorms in the morning... then showers likely with a chance of thunderstorms in the afternoon. Some thunderstorms may produce gusty winds. Highs in the upper 70s. Southwest winds 10 to 15 mph with gusts up to 25 mph. Chance of rain near 100 percent.

:erm:

You guys are funny! Maybe I'm doing OK with the two gigs already under my belt. :LOL:

So far I have 5 of us meeting up at the restaurant-to-be-determined-later-this-evening. Minnie, did you want to join us?

All things considered, I'd like to but it depends on my stomach. Love the thumping bass , it doesn't bug my stomach but the nerves... Blahhh!!!:$:$

Ohhh. I must be very tired for not understanding that :facepalm: .

Well this will be interesting to try and find the southeast entrance :p

See ya there! :)

Don't worry, the venue is pretty straightforward! It'll be the only entrance actually facing the street (the other/main entrance faces the parking lot). It faces a street called Massie Road.

Just firmed up plans with our babysitter for the youngest, so I can officially get excited now!:dance::dance::dance::dance:

Now I just need to get rid of this virus I caught that is making me sooooo sleepy and tired. I've been sleeping as much as I can so I have the energy to make it through (hard with 3 kids). I'm sure once I walk in the arena though, I will be pumped up! :chris::matt::dom:

Has anyone else called to ask about what entrance to use for GA ? They told me they don't know yet, but to line up at the "mainn entrance." So that's where we're goin'. Anyone hear otherwise? They said not to queue until 6 pm, but it didn't sound like we couldn't go earlier. I think they have no idea how we crazies do this.

Don't worry, the venue is pretty straightforward! It'll be the only entrance actually facing the street (the other/main entrance faces the parking lot). It faces a street called Massie Road.

How do you know it's that one? Security told me the main entrance and so did a general questions guy ... he said it was near the parking lot.

Last time I went to a show at JPJ, people were queuing on the back side of JPJ near the box office. I believe that those are the main doors for the show. It generally is for most things at JPJ.

Honestly, I don't think the queues are going to be bad until doors open. Even then, they're pretty organized. But don't let me stop you guys :)

Meanwhile, it's a 17K venue unlike Patriot Center which is 10K. It's not sold out either if that helps. I might even be able to find out how many tix were sold if I suck up hard enough . . .

So far I have 5 of us meeting up at the restaurant-to-be-determined-later-this-evening.

Oh, I wish we could join you guys for dinner, but I don't think we'll be in C'ville until 6-ish.

I also wish I was in the boardie section. Buying my tickets late because I was broke when they went on sale SUCKS! :LOL:

This time tomorrow I'll be in the car on my way to see :musesign:

Oh, I wish we could join you guys for dinner, but I don't think we'll be in C'ville until 6-ish.

I also wish I was in the boardie section. Buying my tickets late because I was broke when they went on sale SUCKS! :LOL:

This time tomorrow I'll be in the car on my way to see :musesign:

Elight, where are you sitting?

I didn't buy my tickets until July.

Great! I know who our family is sandwiched in between! We have sections 5-8! Shiner is in seats 9-10! Row G 113... that is where the party is at! Caveat... we WILL have a 8 and 10 year old with us, so we have to be on our best parental behavior ;)

MUSER MEET-UP:

All seaters are encourage to come to this meet-n-greet outside sections 107/108 at 6:30ish. Photo opportunities await, as well as mad mayhem! I always joked I would be found next to the nearest beer stand, unless is a really crappy brand. :LOL:

Again, I'll be wearing a black Muse hoodie with .MU Forum on the back and Iburnslikethesun on the left sleeve. If I'm too hot, I have my user name on the back of my t-shirt. :D

Let us all keep each other in good thoughts for safe travel and a rockin' good time! Better yet... I WANNA HEAR SUNBURN!!!!

I make no promises if the boys break out into Bliss . . . :awesome: Hopefully other crowd noise will drown me out.

Well, the Tour Dates campaign in over. They took all postings off for this gig. I hope they took the time to read them and that I got in the last word... SUNBURN!!!!!!!

Kids are packed. Parents are packed. Now we are just counting down the clock until I get out of work and get break the kids out from school...he, he, he.

I'm sure we will arrive at 6:00... in time to get a parking spot, hopefully. Sorry I'll miss out on the dinner, but looking forward to the meet up.

Talked with hubby and he is open to the idea of my friend and I to loiter around the buses after. However, this damn virus I picked up makes me sooooooo tired so easily (yes, I'm on meds people, don't panic). I may not make it. :mad:

Most importantly, anyone got good remedies for PMS? Post-Muser Syndrome??? This will be a hard fall knowing it will be long time before they will be coming back again. :eek:

Well, the Tour Dates campaign in over. They took all postings off for this gig. I hope they took the time to read them and that I got in the last word... SUNBURN!!!!!!!

Kids are packed. Parents are packed. Now we are just counting down the clock until I get out of work and get break the kids out from school...he, he, he.

I'm sure we will arrive at 6:00... in time to get a parking spot, hopefully. Sorry I'll miss out on the dinner, but looking forward to the meet up.

Talked with hubby and he is open to the idea of my friend and I to loiter around the buses after. However, this damn virus I picked up makes me sooooooo tired so easily (yes, I'm on meds people, don't panic). I may not make it. :mad:

Most importantly, anyone got good remedies for PMS? Post-Muser Syndrome??? This will be a hard fall knowing it will be long time before they will be coming back again. :eek:

Did you see my post seconding your Sunburn request? :)

PMS remedies involve a passport and tickets to Australia. :awesome:

Oh poo. We have a tornado watch where we live. And we'll very likely loose power. Now I'm paranoid that the power is going to go out while I'm sleeping..... Plus ya know..... tornado's..

Looks like the weather is gonna really suck tomorrow :L

Even Mother Nature's getting ready for Muse.

It's a good thing!

Archived