Bedbugs...eek!

Aren't stinkbugs more erm...popular in Virginia? :erm:

stinkbugs :noey:

Muse needs no introduction...everyone knows who they are now. :LOL:

:chuckle: That's what I was thinking - hey boys, wondering about that whole "cracking america" thing? Well, when a radio station in virginia can play the Map and SS riffs and people will just know it's you, I think you've made it!

When I was out today I heard the ad for this gig they have on my local rock station. It starts with the opening riff from Map and the voiceover says "They're coming", then it plays a few more riffs and snippets of songs as the voice says the venue and that the station is giving away tickets and a ride to the show (it's about 3hrs from here)... it's about a 30sec or so ad and they've been playing it for a few weeks now. The reason I mention it is because it was only after having heard it a couple of times that I realized that, unless i'm lame and just missing it, at no point in the ad to they say the bands name... they just play the riffs and say they're coming and that's good enough :chuckle:

Actually it's a good way to make it so only real fans enter the contest ... or at least fans who can recognize the riffs ... weeds out the real badnwagoners. :D

When I was out today I heard the ad for this gig they have on my local rock station. It starts with the opening riff from Map and the voiceover says "They're coming", then it plays a few more riffs and snippets of songs as the voice says the venue and that the station is giving away tickets and a ride to the show (it's about 3hrs from here)... it's about a 30sec or so ad and they've been playing it for a few weeks now. The reason I mention it is because it was only after having heard it a couple of times that I realized that, unless i'm lame and just missing it, at no point in the ad to they say the bands name... they just play the riffs and say they're coming and that's good enough :chuckle:

Would you share which station? I keep expecting to hear *something*, but so far nothing.

96x in Norfolk/Va Beach/Hampton Roads/Tidewater/whatever we're called nowadays :D

Ah, shoot. I don't get them. I had you pegged for living in a slightly different area :LOL:

Only a two hour drive to C-Ville from here. Why aren't MY radio stations playing any ads? :phu:

Not that they play much Muse, anyway. Uprising, yes. Resistance once in a long while. And SMBH on very rare occasions when the planets are aligned.

(I shouldn't complain. I discovered Muse through Uprising on the radio.)

So it sounds like everyone's at the Cavalier Inn. :( I booked a room at the Budget Inn, and have really no choice as this whole trip is financially stupid for me. I was hoping I could find someone to walk back to the hotel with. The guy at the hotel said I could park there and it was an easy, safe walk to the venue, but I'm still hoping that I can find someone else to walk back with since it will be super late. Is everyone else too worried about the cheapest option being skeezy? Do any locals know if the Budget Inn is that bad?

So it sounds like everyone's at the Cavalier Inn. :( I booked a room at the Budget Inn, and have really no choice as this whole trip is financially stupid for me. I was hoping I could find someone to walk back to the hotel with. The guy at the hotel said I could park there and it was an easy, safe walk to the venue, but I'm still hoping that I can find someone else to walk back with since it will be super late. Is everyone else too worried about the cheapest option being skeezy? Do any locals know if the Budget Inn is that bad?

From looking at the map, you're basically right across the street from us at Cavalier Inn, so we can all walk back together. My guess would be the reason Budget Inn is cheaper is it's "no frills" ... it can't really be in a worse area because it's right next to the Cavalier Inn, so we're all in the same boat as far as that goes.:LOL: You were probably the smart one booking the cheaper hotel ... I mean, it's not like any of us will be spending all that much time in our rooms anyway. But, we'll all be pretty close, so it'll be fun, and we can watch each other's backs on the walk home.:)

Another option if someone is worried about walking back after the gig would be to move your car when the lots open. They open at 4PM, i think, so you could find someone to hold your spot and leave the GA line at like 3:30, walk back to the hotel, get your car and bring it back to park then rejoin the line. You probably would be gone less than an hour...?

I still haven't decided what I'm doing about a hotel :$ I need to make plans this week, though... wouldn't want things to fill up!

We've been pushed to the second page, and that just will not do ;) Has everyone gotten their tickets now?

Also, I know this has been said on here before, but I am expecting something pretty awesome for the last arena gig for the US. Now that we have seen that the guys can "do something special" for certain shows, it has really upped my excitement for this one.

I went to get the mail today in hopes that the tickets might be there. Alas they are not :noey:

Should be here very soon, though! I almost in a way don't want this concert to come, coz after this it's going to be forever until they tour again :supersad:

EDIT: The tickets are here!:D:dance: (I somehow missed the envelope when I was going through the mail.) :$

I went to get the mail today in hopes that the tickets might be there. Alas they are not :noey:

Should be here very soon, though! I almost in a way don't want this concert to come, coz after this it's going to be forever until they tour again :supersad:

EDIT: The tickets are here!:D:dance: (I somehow missed the envelope when I was going through the mail.) :$

:awesome: glad you got your tix!

I understand what you mean about the mixed feelings! Even in the spring I knew i'd have a chance to see them again in the fall so it was all good... but knowing that they may be going away for a while, meaning that not only will there be no gigs for me but not even the sexy plane is a bit :supersad: -inducing!

I understand what you mean about the mixed feelings! Even in the spring I knew i'd have a chance to see them again in the fall so it was all good... but knowing that they may be going away for a while, meaning that not only will there be no gigs for me but not even the sexy plane is a bit :supersad: -inducing!

I know! It's going to be a rough let down, afterwards. :'(

Also, I know this has been said on here before, but I am expecting something pretty awesome for the last arena gig for the US. Now that we have seen that the guys can "do something special" for certain shows, it has really upped my excitement for this one.

I'm afraid to get excited for "something special!" I don't want to be disappointed. With anything.

Though I do keep walking around muttering "Map ... Map ... Map ..." under my breath :D

I've been thinking (hoping, praying) we might get something special, but I'm TRYING not to get my hopes up. ;)

I'm gonna be so :supersad: when they're all done touring, but I have to remember that it just means they'll be working on a new album. And that's :awesome:

Thanks! :D

It's going to be sad,sad time for Musers everywhere :'(

(cept for the people in Australia... they don't count:shifty:)

From looking at the map, you're basically right across the street from us at Cavalier Inn, so we can all walk back together. My guess would be the reason Budget Inn is cheaper is it's "no frills" ... it can't really be in a worse area because it's right next to the Cavalier Inn, so we're all in the same boat as far as that goes.:LOL: You were probably the smart one booking the cheaper hotel ... I mean, it's not like any of us will be spending all that much time in our rooms anyway. But, we'll all be pretty close, so it'll be fun, and we can watch each other's backs on the walk home.:)

I just graduated last May from UVa so I can answer any questions you guys might have about the area.

Don't be worried about the walk back, it's well lit and probably a thousand or more will be walking that same path. Students often walk down Emmet Street at night and many make the trek back after concerts and basketball games (they have to go twice as far to get back to dorms). It's essentially still around the UVa grounds so it's safe compared to some other parts of Cville.

The Budget Inn is actually closer to JPJ than the Cavalier Inn, so we'll all probs we walking in the same direction back once everything's over. I live even further away than both the inns (I'm a student), and I'd feel safe walking back. got my tickets too. look soo gorgeous!

Archived