I saw Franz twice when they toured with DCFC.

Oooo, I'd love to see those two bands together! :D

Isn't it likely it will be a U.S. band? Are there any strong rumors? Sorry, haven't read the whole thread. I got lost when all the C-tour and pantless Musers talk started. :rolleyes:

:LOL:

How do I know for sure I'll get an email about presale tickets? (I'm assuming there will be some notification to fans ) I'm a member here and also on the main site... hope that's enough :) *does not want to miss out good seat in LA*

Go to the main muse.mu page and on the left you will say a box offering to register for mailing list. Just plug in your e-mail and country and hit the button. That way you will be sure you are on the list. They also mention the presale date and time when they announce the concert date. I actually can't remember the routine as far as participating in the presale ... I don't think you will have trouble.

To the person a couple of pages back who was wondering about presales since they haven't officially announced the CA dates and apparently the general sale is next sat, don't expect that to stop them! For the Baltimore show someone heard it mentioned on the radio on friday with general sale on monday. The band announced it Sat morning with the presale starting at like 5PM Sat! :facepalm: So them giving very little warning about a presale is not beyond the realm of possibility!

How do I know for sure I'll get an email about presale tickets? (I'm assuming there will be some notification to fans ) I'm a member here and also on the main site... hope that's enough :) *does not want to miss out good seat in LA*

There may not be an email at all - for the spring leg of the tour they just did an announcement and the presale tix were all on one site. There was no password, no special link in your profile or in an email, no nothing. Anyone could get to the presale... it was more than a little annoying... but I expect it to be the same...

There may not be an email at all - for the spring leg of the tour they just did an announcement and the presale tix were all on one site. There was no password, no special link in your profile or in an email, no nothing. Anyone could get to the presale... it was more than a little annoying... but I expect it to be the same...

Any normal band would learn the lesson from such a shitty presale and actually sort it out right this time.. but then again, Muse is not a normal band :fear:

Any normal band would learn the lesson from such a shitty presale and actually sort it out right this time.. but then again, Muse is not a normal band :fear:

you'd also expect them to have caught on to the frustration about how the tourdates were released back in Dec... but that doesn't seem to have happened either ;)

To the person a couple of pages back who was wondering about presales since they haven't officially announced the CA dates and apparently the general sale is next sat, don't expect that to stop them! For the Baltimore show someone heard it mentioned on the radio on friday with general sale on monday. The band announced it Sat morning with the presale starting at like 5PM Sat! :facepalm: So them giving very little warning about a presale is not beyond the realm of possibility!

Shit Fuck. Why is everything always so jumbly?

:( that's definitely more than a little annoying... like, why even have a mailing list :rolleyes: I'd definitely prefer a presale -- I bought my ticket for Oakland at something like 10:05am on the Saturday regular tickets went on sale and though I was near the floor I was still near the back :( Makes me wonder how many seats are released for the presale (like all of the good ones?)

Essentially....we're screwed :stunned:

sigh, i guess if the general sale for the CA dates is saturday we could expect more shows to go on general sale that date.

or maybe all the dates.

or maybe not.

gahhh

I'll be checking Muse twitter, ontd_muse LJ, the Muse.mu website on my iPhone and whatever else I can every 2 hours during the day for the next while...

(not that I don't do that already :$ )

:chuckle: sorry to be so negative, but it's the sad truth... the announcement/presale schedule for this leg of the tour was very poorly done, IMO.

:( that's definitely more than a little annoying... like, why even have a mailing list :rolleyes: I'd definitely prefer a presale -- I bought my ticket for Oakland at something like 10:05am on the Saturday regular tickets went on sale and though I was near the floor I was still near the back :( Makes me wonder how many seats are released for the presale (like all of the good ones?)

Yeah, I don't get it. They used the mailing list and special links for the european leg of the tour then when it came time for the US the presale was open... I remember when they put the first few dates on sale in the presale and people had such a hard time getting anything, the presale started at 10AM and I checked ebay at 10:15 and there was someone selling GA tickets for Boston for like $150 each :facepalm:

About the seats, I'm not sure how it works, but I don't even know that they release the good tickets at all :rolleyes: For the MD show, I wanted seats, so I checked the presale and they didn't have any (that was the only one I noticed that for - presale was all GA). I waited until the general sale then checked ticketmaster right as it started and the closest seats were the 3rd section from the stage. So I called ticketmaster to see if I could get anything different and no, there was nothing available in the 4 sections (2 on either side) toward the stage :rolleyes: I'm wondering if they put those on sale at all or if they waited to give them to brokers or something :erm: Or maybe they released them closer to the date? I don't know... i don't get how it works...

Maybe I've just blocked out the pain, but am I the only one who doesn't remember having trouble with the presales before? I mean, I did have a little time zone fail that caused me to miss the start of the Philly presale and not get GA tickets, but other than that ... :rolleyes:. I think 104.5 in Philly announced that Muse was going to announce a date pretty early, then when they did announce it there was a reasonable amount of time. Then I bollocks that one up, got seat tickets, then went and got GA for Baltimore with zero problems.

I just plan on compulsively reloading the website, forum and anything else relevant I can think of nonstop until I get tickets to a show somewhere.:D

About the seats, I'm not sure how it works, but I don't even know that they release the good tickets at all :rolleyes: For the MD show, I wanted seats, so I checked the presale and they didn't have any (that was the only one I noticed that for - presale was all GA). I waited until the general sale then checked ticketmaster right as it started and the closest seats were the 3rd section from the stage. So I called ticketmaster to see if I could get anything different and no, there was nothing available in the 4 sections (2 on either side) toward the stage :rolleyes: I'm wondering if they put those on sale at all or if they waited to give them to brokers or something :erm: Or maybe they released them closer to the date? I don't know... i don't get how it works...

I bought my ticket online - got something in the nosebleeds first try at 10:01am and I'm thinking huh? are they all gone already? :stunned: thankfully my credit card transaction didn't work so I tried again and got a much better seat... I wonder if it's worth the 'risk' to decline a less than desirable seat the first few tries till something better shows up... it doesn't make a lot of sense :erm:

Maybe I've just blocked out the pain, but am I the only one who doesn't remember having trouble with the presales before? I mean, I did have a little time zone fail that caused me to miss the start of the Philly presale and not get GA tickets, but other than that ... :rolleyes:. I think 104.5 in Philly announced that Muse was going to announce a date pretty early, then when they did announce it there was a reasonable amount of time. Then I bollocks that one up, got seat tickets, then went and got GA for Baltimore with zero problems.

I just plan on compulsively reloading the website, forum and anything else relevant I can think of nonstop until I get tickets to a show somewhere.:D

It depended on the shows - Baltimore was easy peasy..... I didn't do Philly but I don't remember hearing anything about it.... i remember seeing the UT presale tix and even Detroit sitting there unwanted and unloved several hours after the start of the presale.

Meanwhile, VA was a fight...as was Boston, I'm pretty sure... and NYC was just a nightmare.

I sat there reloading for a couple of hours trying to get a single GA ticket before finally realizing that hope was lost (i think the NY presale sold out completely around like noon) Then I did a radio station presale and was able to get my ticket, but that also quickly sold out and there were a lot of people on the board who weren't able toget anything . Then came the general sale and I was able to sit it out *phew* but it sold out quickly and still there were a lot of boardies without the tickets they wanted (searchs were pulling up 3rd tier pretty much immediately after the sale started)

So, personally, I was very lucky. I got in right at 10AM and bought my VA ticket only to come to the board and see people complaining about it being sold out. Then, there was some frustration with the NYC ticket but I was able to again go right in at the start of the presale and get my ticket. But there were a lot of people who had a much harder time than me....

EDIT:

I bought my ticket online - got something in the nosebleeds first try at 10:01am and I'm thinking huh? are they all gone already? :stunned: thankfully my credit card transaction didn't work so I tried again and got a much better seat... I wonder if it's worth the 'risk' to decline a less than desirable seat the first few tries till something better shows up... it doesn't make a lot of sense :erm:

I think part of it comes from people choosing the wrong thing or people who aren't sure that all go in at once and if you search while they're temporarily holding the tickets, you'll get crappy ones... then they change their minds and release them and you check again and voila - better seats!

But I never saw that with Baltimore - the show didn't sell out so I kept randomly checking and I never saw anything in the closer sections :erm:

Archived