Muse to cover 'Imagine' at Glastonbury with Michael Eavis?

jediknightanya

'The Music Week' on BBC 6music had an interview with Matt and Dom at the Producer's Guild Awards on Sunday - download to listen here.

They once again confirm they'll be headlining Glastonbury, but Matt then goes on to say they are planning to get Glastonbury founder Michael Eavis up on stage with them to do a cover of John Lennon's 'Imagine' in celebration of the festival's 40th anniversary. The interviewer doesn't seem to believe him, and, knowing Bellamy, I'm not sure we should, either. 'Tis a lovely idea, though!

the download site seems a little sketchy. is it on youtube anywhere?

the download site seems a little sketchy. is it on youtube anywhere?

What's sketchy about SendSpace? Surely you've come across it before?

Some of you seem a little confused. If this is true, Matt wouldn't be the one doing the singing. He clearly says they'd be getting Michael Eavis up to do the vocals.

• 5 months later...

Turns out Muse did actually ask Eavis to sing it with them but dropped him and Stevie Wonder took him on. :LOL:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/local/somerset/hi/people_and_places/newsid_8887000/8887931.stm

Stevie Wonder wasn't the first person to ask Michael for a duet either; the previous night's headliners Muse also asked if he would sing John Lennon's Imagine with them.

Said Michael: "But then they changed their minds so I got dropped by Muse and taken on by Stevie Wonder - wasn't that good?!"

Turns out Muse did actually ask Eavis to sing it with them but dropped him and Stevie Wonder took him on. :LOL:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/local/somerset/hi/people_and_places/newsid_8887000/8887931.stm

Oh that's interesting, if only to solve the question of whether Matt's "deadly" was a joke or not. :LOL:

Matt spoke about that before U2 withdrew I think, so perhaps they decided performing with the Edge would be better, which was a good decision. :D

I think it would have been nice for them to have done Imagine but not with Michael Eavis singing really.

Archived