Which song would you most like to hear?  

55 members have voted

1. 1. Which song would you most like to hear?

• Bliss
    • Muscle Museum
    • Sunburn
    • Butterflies and Hurricanes
    • Showbiz
    • Take a Bow
    • Blackout
    • I Belong To You
    • Space Dementia

Do you guys know if people had any luck meeting them after the european shows or the bdo shows?

I followed a lot of the reports of the European gigs, and it seems like more than half the time there would be some fan encounters. Some were not at the venue, but just on the street, in a hotel, etc.... And a couple of shows had official after parties for the press. There were def. some pictures floating around of fans meeting them after gigs, though. Some of them had gates b/t fan and band. I'm not sure what our situation will be, but hopefully there's no fence or gate. I should've prowled around more... :ninja: And it seems like they met lots of fans in Aisa. Not sure about BDO...

And yeah, we've got the Twitter system! :awesome:

I followed a lot of the reports of the European gigs, and it seems like more than half the time there would be some fan encounters. Some were not at the venue, but just on the street, in a hotel, etc.... And a couple of shows had official after parties for the press. There were def. some pictures floating around of fans meeting them after gigs, though. Some of them had gates b/t fan and band. I'm not sure what our situation will be, but hopefully there's no fence or gate. I should've prowled around more... :ninja: And it seems like they met lots of fans in Aisa. Not sure about BDO...

And yeah, we've got the Twitter system! :awesome:

Well that sounds pretty good then! I cant really see them roaming the streets around there. Last i was there i cant really remember any reason too, but i wasn't really looking so i could have missed something.

Isn't discovery mills right there as well, or is that a totally different exit? Maybe they'd need some fishing gear from bass pro shop to catch some "pwoper fish"! (Idk that was an awful allusion to that video)

Well that sounds pretty good then! I cant really see them roaming the streets around there. Last i was there i cant really remember any reason too, but i wasn't really looking so i could have missed something.

Isn't discovery mills right there as well, or is that a totally different exit? Maybe they'd need some fishing gear from bass pro shop to catch some "pwoper fish"! (Idk that was an awful allusion to that video)

I don't know that area at all! But yeah, unless they're partying it up at TGI Friday's, I doubt there will be an after party near the venue. :chuckle: I imagine they're staying downtown, even though it's a bit of a trek. Gotta go south to get to the airport anyway, I guess.

Ha ha pwoper fish! :chuckle: I think they should go to the GA Aquarium because Matt loves fish. Well, Dom and Matt both like scuba, I know. It's the coolest thing Atlanta has, imo. When they were here in October, they didn't stick around at all. I don't think they dig Atlanta that much. :indiff:

And the twitter system involves people using the Internet on their phones to keep in touch via Twitter, right? That way everyone can spread out or something? I actually started a Twitter account after I read about the plan earlier, but then I realized that I have a crappy phone with no Internet. Maybe I can stick close to someone else? I'm on my own, after all, except for y'all.

And the twitter system involves people using the Internet on their phones to keep in touch via Twitter, right? That way everyone can spread out or something? I actually started a Twitter account after I read about the plan earlier, but then I realized that I have a crappy phone with no Internet. Maybe I can stick close to someone else? I'm on my own, after all, except for y'all.

If you turn on mobile updates, the things people are doing/saying/seeing will get sent straight to you as a text. And you can send things in through texting too.

If you turn on mobile updates, the things people are doing/saying/seeing will get sent straight to you as a text. And you can send things in through texting too.

:confused: I will try that, but I don't know if it'll work. It's embarrassing, but I have a prepaid cell, and I don't know if stuff like that functions. I can't even download cool ringtones! But I can text, so maybe...

I am just sitting and reading about all the stalking plans, count me in please!!! I am leaving my non-Muser husband at home in Dallas, so I'll be there by the buses for as long as it takes. I also have a very good feeling about this show, -- this is going to be a very special tour opener, I'll eat my own hat if it isn't!

:confused: I will try that, but I don't know if it'll work. It's embarrassing, but I have a prepaid cell, and I don't know if stuff like that functions. I can't even download cool ringtones! But I can text, so maybe...

I looked into this when I was tweeting from the Muse/U2 gig in October. If you go to the Twitter website, go to Settings and click the Mobile link and select On. Then Twitter sends you a text to your phone with a code or something that you have to use to activate it or something. I can't quite remember, but as you're doing it, it's self-explanatory.

I don't even normally do texts because it costs me $.20. Maybe you already know this, but when you send a tweet from your phone, it's just like sending a text. Twitter gives you the number to use. So you aren't actually using the internet on your phone to see or send the tweets. I don't think your phone even has to have internet capability. Does that make sense? Someone correct me if any of what I've said is wrong. I'm kind of a n00b. :unsure:

I don't know that area at all! But yeah, unless they're partying it up at TGI Friday's, I doubt there will be an after party near the venue. :chuckle: I imagine they're staying downtown, even though it's a bit of a trek. Gotta go south to get to the airport anyway, I guess.

Ha ha pwoper fish! :chuckle: I think they should go to the GA Aquarium because Matt loves fish. Well, Dom and Matt both like scuba, I know. It's the coolest thing Atlanta has, imo. When they were here in October, they didn't stick around at all. I don't think they dig Atlanta that much. :indiff:

Didn't Chris say they'd be there a few days ahead of the show? If so they gotta find some touristy thing to do (what other things does a band do in their spare time?), and the aquarium really is the only good thing about atlanta. Unless they wanted to hike stone mountain... i dont know why i thought of that...but i just pictured them doing it.

and honestly, if i were in a band and got to travel the world, atlanta would not be on my top 10 or 20.... i don't even think it would be a number

haha thats not to weird. But no im not asian. Im mostly polish, about 2 generations back. and on my dads side there may or may not be some irish but no one really kept records. i only know for fact that i had family on that side from alabama around the 1800's . So no asian in me :/

And i think we may have discussed this back on the october 6th thread lol. but i was still shy (kinda still am) and didn't talk much at the time

Haha. Yeah we did and I forgot. :LOL: but thanks for the history of your heritage. I'm just straight up mutt. I'm about 5-10% everything.

Haha your welcome, i dont get the chance to share it often so i figured i'd just go for it. :LOL: And mutts are cool. You could just kinda flow with whatever culture you wanted lol

@Chapel or someone who's Twittery - I know how to text a tweet, but how do you receive a tweet? :$ If your twitter name is included in the list you created, I guess you automatically get tweets that are sent to that list? I guess I don't know how to send a tweet to a specific list, just a general tweet to everybody. Obviously I'm a bit confused. Also, I know there's a gig twitter list set up, but I don't know how to "follow" that list once I click on the link you have in the first post. I see where you can "create a new list", but I'm assuming that's not what I'm supposed to do. :unsure:

*is n00b :$*

@Chapel or someone who's Twittery - I know how to text a tweet, but how do you receive a tweet? :$ If your twitter name is included in the list you created, I guess you automatically get tweets that are sent to that list? I guess I don't know how to send a tweet to a specific list, just a general tweet to everybody. Obviously I'm a bit confused. Also, I know there's a gig twitter list set up, but I don't know how to "follow" that list once I click on the link you have in the first post. I see where you can "create a new list", but I'm assuming that's not what I'm supposed to do. :unsure:

*is n00b :$*

i think when you want to receive tweets from certain people you go to your "following" list and there will be a little picture of a phone and you click that and it will send that person's tweets to your phone

Got another question about waiting around for the band after the gig...okay, yeah, stalking... Don't the security guys force people to leave at some point? What if we get kicked off the property? Do they do that? :erm:

They will probably tell you to leave but that's just so a large group won't form. Just back off a little and continue waiting. They usually won't mind.

Got another question about waiting around for the band after the gig...okay, yeah, stalking... Don't the security guys force people to leave at some point? What if we get kicked off the property? Do they do that? :erm:

It won't work for me for some reason. I set it up to update me and everything

Did you get your tickets today? please please please!

So at best (and be honest) what do you think we will get special as in song wise?

Did they do anything interesting (besides Back in Black) at any of the Big Days Out? I hope we get something(s) cool, but I don't want to get my hopes up. ya know? I would personally be thrilled if we got any of the following: Butterflies & Hurricanes, Citizen Erased, Stockholm (I think it's pretty likely, so that's cool), Sunburn, Muscle Museum (altho, I'll cry), Hoodoo, Hyper Music. I could name more!

Archived