Which song would you most like to hear?  

55 members have voted

1. 1. Which song would you most like to hear?

• Bliss
    • Muscle Museum
    • Sunburn
    • Butterflies and Hurricanes
    • Showbiz
    • Take a Bow
    • Blackout
    • I Belong To You
    • Space Dementia

I ordered the mylar blankets off Amazon, but I think you can get them at sporting good/camping stores. I think I may get some hand/feet warmers this week.

Not sure about Chicken and Waffles, but I've always thought it sounded awful. :vomit:

LOL! I actually don't think it sounds very good either; it's just that I have this little crush on Bobby Flay, so if he says it's :awesome: then it must be. :LOL:

These are going to feel like the longest 6 days EVER.

I'm considering it 4 days since that's how many days I'm working this week. Yay for taking a vacation day to head to Atlanta on Friday!! :dance:

This is my first post but I've been reading around. I live in Duluth, literally like two minutes from the venue so I thought I should add some information for the gig. First off, The Arena at Gwinnett, if you never been, is top-of-the-line mid-sized venue (someone said it was 10 years old, but its not even 7 so it's still in great shape and definitely does have that new smell to it)... the concert should be really good and from the many concerts, events, and hockey games I have been to, people have said the sightlines/sound is extremely good and I would agree. I would beware of cameras at this venue, even simple cameras. Even if the band is OK with it, for some reason this arena are absolute Nazi's about it. I saw one band last year and the ushers were constantly going up and down the aisles telling people even with just simple camera phones to stop. It is possible to slip a camera in and film if you are discrete but they can be real strict about it. They typically have a HUGE "NO CAMERAS" sign at the front gate; let's hope this isn't the case with Muse.

While the camera nonsense might be the worst part of the venue, the best part might be the fact there is free parking at the venue and is a relatively nice place to hang out pre-gig. The weather is supposed to be in the 60s next weekend (like this weekend has been in Atlanta - excellent!) so there will be some tailgating (watch the booze).

I have read about Muse taking over Project 9-6-1 immediately following the show. While it's possible they will travel to Atlanta to take over the "studio" in prior instances of bands playing at Gwinnett, they simply have a rig at the arena or next door at one of the tavern's right next to the arena and Chris, the station's lead guy, interviews them, and let's them play their setlist for a good hour or so. They have done this with many bands and I have never remembered any of the bands actually traveling to the station. Of course, it could change for any band, but I doubt they will be traveling all the way to Atlanta when they are saying Muse will come on the station right after 11pm aka right after the show. It would take at least 40 mins to get to Atlanta and into the station and such. Bank on Muse staying at the arena for the post-concert show, which is actually pretty entertaining based on past bands experiences with it.

There are PLENTY of good restaurants and bars within a 2 mile radius of the arena including Marlow's Tavern and the Arena Tavern, which will be hopping right after the gig (My crew will be there). Pre-gig dinners can be found at and in the perimeter of Discover Mills... Chili's, Johnny Carino's, etc. Plenty of fast food. It's also less than a mile from 85 N and S so if you want to make the trip to Atlanta after the gig its a quick 20 mile jaunt on 85 S from the arena.

Also, someone mentioned having to be 21+ to get a hotel? Since when? Where were you looking? Most local hotels here in Gwinnett and most of Georgia (outside of downtown Atlanta) are 18+.

Also, the way Project and 99x have been building this concert up the past few weeks, this could be something real special. They are making a big to do about the dress rehearsal on Friday... this gig should be real special. There's only a few limited view tickets remaining and those will sell within the next day so this place is going to be packed and that will be awesome. I'm real glad Atlanta and my home county of Gwinnett will bring a great first headlining arena crowd for Muse! The show will rock!

Wow, thanks for that report! ^ But I am really worried about the camera thing. :(

Edit: I just called to ask about the cameras and they said they usually release specific event info at the beginning of the week. She said to call back Monday afternoon. Ack!

I went to an animatronic dinosaur show (with my daughter, lol) in September and cameras were not a problem.

Wow, thanks for that report! ^ But I am really worried about the camera thing. :(

Edit: I just called to ask about the cameras and they said they usually release specific event info at the beginning of the week. She said to call back Monday afternoon. Ack!

I went to an animatronic dinosaur show (with my daughter, lol) in September and cameras were not a problem.

I hope it's not a problem as well! I really, really, really want a ton of pics!

Renee, will you let everyone know what they said on Mon?

Yes. This arena are pretty anal about cameras. I had mentioned before seeing The Cure and the venue enforced no cameras even though the band doesnt care. They even got word that afternoon of cameras being allowed but venue security said too bad. At Depeche Mode I had my camera up for more than 4 seconds and a security almost swatted it out of my hand saying I was video recording. :rolleyes:

So let us know what you hear because I feel naked without my camera.

Yeah, I will let everyone know. I'm also wondering if they confiscate if they see you with it once inside, or just tell you not to use it. If I get stopped at the entrance by security and they won't let me take my camera in, I'll have to go back to my car and then it'll be bye bye barrier! :mad:

This is what it says on their website:

The permitted use of cameras varies by event. However, cameras with professional lenses, detachable lenses or detachable flashes are prohibited. Use of video cameras, audio recording devices and digital cameras in video mode is strictly prohibited in The Arena. The use of any of these items will result in confiscation and possible ejection from The Arena. These are general rules and can be overridden based on a specific request from the attraction or promoter.

I don't care about no video allowed since I'm not really into that, but I know lots of people are.

Yeah, I will let everyone know. I'm also wondering if they confiscate if they see you with it once inside, or just tell you not to use it. If I get stopped at the entrance by security and they won't let me take my camera in, I'll have to go back to my car and then it'll be bye bye barrier! :mad:

That would suck so much.

They're pretty anal about a lot of things. On the website it only says no professional/detachable lense cameras are allowed. I hope it stays that way. I've managed to snaek my camera in before. But who knows how it'll go this time.

This is what it says on their website:

I don't care about no video allowed since I'm not really into that, but I know lots of people are.

I am!

Some people obviously get away with video because there a tonsss of videos from gwinnet on youtube.

This is my first post but I've been reading around. I live in Duluth, literally like two minutes from the venue so I thought I should add some information for the gig. First off, The Arena at Gwinnett, if you never been, is top-of-the-line mid-sized venue (someone said it was 10 years old, but its not even 7 so it's still in great shape and definitely does have that new smell to it)... the concert should be really good and from the many concerts, events, and hockey games I have been to, people have said the sightlines/sound is extremely good and I would agree. I would beware of cameras at this venue, even simple cameras. Even if the band is OK with it, for some reason this arena are absolute Nazi's about it. I saw one band last year and the ushers were constantly going up and down the aisles telling people even with just simple camera phones to stop. It is possible to slip a camera in and film if you are discrete but they can be real strict about it. They typically have a HUGE "NO CAMERAS" sign at the front gate; let's hope this isn't the case with Muse.

While the camera nonsense might be the worst part of the venue, the best part might be the fact there is free parking at the venue and is a relatively nice place to hang out pre-gig. The weather is supposed to be in the 60s next weekend (like this weekend has been in Atlanta - excellent!) so there will be some tailgating (watch the booze).

I have read about Muse taking over Project 9-6-1 immediately following the show. While it's possible they will travel to Atlanta to take over the "studio" in prior instances of bands playing at Gwinnett, they simply have a rig at the arena or next door at one of the tavern's right next to the arena and Chris, the station's lead guy, interviews them, and let's them play their setlist for a good hour or so. They have done this with many bands and I have never remembered any of the bands actually traveling to the station. Of course, it could change for any band, but I doubt they will be traveling all the way to Atlanta when they are saying Muse will come on the station right after 11pm aka right after the show. It would take at least 40 mins to get to Atlanta and into the station and such. Bank on Muse staying at the arena for the post-concert show, which is actually pretty entertaining based on past bands experiences with it.

There are PLENTY of good restaurants and bars within a 2 mile radius of the arena including Marlow's Tavern and the Arena Tavern, which will be hopping right after the gig (My crew will be there). Pre-gig dinners can be found at and in the perimeter of Discover Mills... Chili's, Johnny Carino's, etc. Plenty of fast food. It's also less than a mile from 85 N and S so if you want to make the trip to Atlanta after the gig its a quick 20 mile jaunt on 85 S from the arena.

Also, someone mentioned having to be 21+ to get a hotel? Since when? Where were you looking? Most local hotels here in Gwinnett and most of Georgia (outside of downtown Atlanta) are 18+.

Also, the way Project and 99x have been building this concert up the past few weeks, this could be something real special. They are making a big to do about the dress rehearsal on Friday... this gig should be real special. There's only a few limited view tickets remaining and those will sell within the next day so this place is going to be packed and that will be awesome. I'm real glad Atlanta and my home county of Gwinnett will bring a great first headlining arena crowd for Muse! The show will rock!

If you had to guess which tavern do you think they would go to?

If my mom doesn't have to work this Saturday afternoon I'm def. going!!!! :D Haha, it's been on and off with me even since they said they were coming to Atlanta. Just in case I do end up going ... what kind of camera should I bring? I want one that will take good pictures, but not get me thrown out :LOL: But that's everyone right?

5 MORE DAYS :dance:

If my mom doesn't have to work this Saturday afternoon I'm def. going!!!! :D Haha, it's been on and off with me even since they said they were coming to Atlanta. Just in case I do end up going ... what kind of camera should I bring? I want one that will take good pictures, but not get me thrown out :LOL: But that's everyone right?

5 MORE DAYS :dance:

Pretty much any typical point and shoot camera is fine. Just don't go packing a disposable lens!

If you had to guess which tavern do you think they would go to?

Just about all of the bands would go to Loafing Leprechaun which is in the same complex as the Gwinnett Center and very easy for the band to slip out of the back and into a golf cart or something and there within a minute. However, that place closed down a few months ago so my guess is they will have a Project tent/rig (depending on weather) at the Arena or they will go to Arena Tavern. Either way, I don't see them doing the show from the station in Atlanta so they will be somewhere around the venue.

Try and hide all camera's as best as possible. I have been able to sneak mine in with my girlfriend's purse in the side pockets and manage to get some good video at Gwinnett. Most likely, if they see it at the security entrance, they will ask you to go to your car. The sign is literally like 20 feet big they post at the door for these types of gigs; I have no idea why this particular arena is so crazy about it. I would think they would want more people knowing they are the arena in Atlanta hosting the big shows because they know people are going to upload videos from the gig one way or another. Like I said, if you're discrete you can get by. Just make sure if you're filming you don't have you hand steady and red lights visible. Even if you think a thousand other people in the crowd are getting away with it, be prepared for the tap on the back or that flashlight coming your way. The ushers at Gwinnett do not mind ruining that song for you and others if they feel you are taking video even with an iPhone or something. I've been to a ton of venues, big and little, indoor and out, and while Gwinnett is a great place to see a gig, they are by far the worse when it comes to cameras.

The parking lot at Gwinnett is massive, absolutely humongous. Tailgating will be good but there will be plenty of Gwinnett cops there so nothing outrageous, I'm sure no tents and no booze. However, there will be plenty of Musers out there, rocking pre-gig. Unlike a venue downtown in the city (a la Philips Arena) Gwinnett will be a great place to rock pre-gig. Can't beat free parking right in front of the venue either. It's one of the most accessible arenas I have ever seen.

Muse is going to do something special at this show and the crowd will be electric. I'm proud of Gwinnett for showing Muse a sell out crowd to start their tour.

How much do those white, plastic chairs cost at Walmart? I wanted to bring some nylon folding ones, but my dad said no to the possibility of tossing them and dashing. My friends and I are gonna buy a bag of those boiled peanuts you can get from Publix and just chill all day.

Also, are there any restrooms close to the place where you stand in line? I need to make sure that I don't get to the front row and then have to go to the bathroom :(.

How much do those white, plastic chairs cost at Walmart? I wanted to bring some nylon folding ones, but my dad said no to the possibility of tossing them and dashing. My friends and I are gonna buy a bag of those boiled peanuts you can get from Publix and just chill all day.

Also, are there any restrooms close to the place where you stand in line? I need to make sure that I don't get to the front row and then have to go to the bathroom :(.

There's a Kroger in the shopping center right across the street for bathroom breaks. :)

I don't know how much chairs are at Wal-Mart. Google Wal-mart! :LOL: I'm thinking I might bring a folding chair and just stick it in my car close to when doors open. Anyone else bringing chairs?

Sorry, but boiled peanuts? :vomit: I know, hard to believe I'm really from GA. I also hate grits and sweet tea. I'm an anomaly.

I'm getting that anxious, sick feeling because I'm so excited! :awesome: I think the sick part might be because I'm worried about cameras.... :erm:

I am a parent. Parents need to realize this is not a normal day this is a totally important one and ditching chairs after hours of comfort is ok.:p

They are fairly cheap, less that $10 a chair and that's what EVERYONE did at the U2 show. Tell your dad that you'll pay for them if you can - they really make all day lining much easier.

Archived