Sigh.... you guys are getting me hype up in the Muse tour as well. Lol.... Celaka betul :p:LOL:

Joelyn, how can u not be psyched up with The Resistance tour? lol... the gig&tours section is full with European dates threads already.. jeles siot! biler la our turn pulak nih?

+1 to all of the above. Joelyn u made me lol, please do use more Malay, I like! :D

Also, so can understand ur impatience Faz. Anyone else gatal tangan n checked the air tix prices to watch Muse in Europe? :$

There are rumours floating around regarding a possible Placebo gig in Malaysia sometime in August. Mmm, possible Muser gathering soon? :happy:

When Muse tour Malaysia again (notice I'm not saying "if they'll come", but they have to come), this very same team better be out supporting and filming Muse's day outs in KL just like Mogwai/Switchfoot! Providing us with kick ass audio/video from the concert as well! We all know who'll be at the airport greeting Muse, ya? ;)

Miele, you're no longer staying at Putrajaya then?

1. I know, right? If u read junkonline u can see how excited I was over this bit of rumour. But damn it's still a rumour.

2. You can definitely count me in for the airport trip to greet Muse when they come. And they better make up for the cancelled Bangkok gig (forgiven, but never forgotten).

3. Nope. Moved to Bandar Tasek Selatan @ Sg Besi area, so now I can easily take ERL to work / KLIA if need be :p

I'm going to Tioman Island tomowwow! I'll see you guys again when I come back on Wednesday xoxoxoxoxoxo :LOL:

Woah, bestnya. tell us how it was, share some photos?

I hope they come to Bali. :LOL:

That would be amahzing. Would so travel for that, awesome band @ awesome venue. Matt and Dom would go nuts with the culture etc, they loved how unique Jakarta was, right?

And finally: Happy Belated Birthday Tee!!!

What didja do? You're definitely the coolest 13 year old I know :happy:

Thanks Mel and Miele! :happy: I just had some friends stay over...nothing big. :)

Yeah, I think Matt said it was his favourite city he'd been to in 2007. :stunned: Bit surprising, actually. :LOL: Bali is better. :rolleyes: (Ehh, I just want more gigs hahaha)

Placebo cancelled their KL date years ago right? i only know 1 or 2 songs of theirs but i'll definitely go to see 'em.

Liz, i have to agree with you. a lot of people were asking for a dvd of their KL concert so am sure Warner Malaysia would film something for their Malaysian --or even better their SEA leg of the tour.

Nice.. i'm not the only one who is planning for another Muse-stalking mission! :ninja:

Muse stalking: Faz, kalau berani pakai la baju kurung lagi nanti, I cabar you. For sure Dommeh will remember you. :D

Hehe getting abit ahead of ourselves here, got the whole shebang planned already in my head :$

Muser meetups: anyone up for Klue Urbanscapes tix: http://www.junkonline.net/articles/1759-Urbanscapes-tics-now-at-Borders

Quite a few good bands on the list, and it's supposedly a very artsy scene i.e. its at KLPAC.

Finally, hope dear Mr Bellamy is having a hella good birthday. I still find it awesome that he's our age, Faz. Heheheh.

Edited by miele

Wow Placebo at KL. I'll definitely be there! Hope it's true...

I was in KL over teh weekend. hehe. Sorry i didn't tell you guys :p

I was at this place called downtown, at danau something lah can't remember. Near Wangsa Maju. What a rip off place!! But i bought a nice Khao San-import tee from there:D

there is no way am wearing baju kurung again la beb! malu weh...:$ anyhow, am not 31 yet! still have a couple of months before i join kak miele and abg Matt's age group haha.. tak sedar diri betul.. :p

yeah Tee, no dvd for sure but perhaps a tv special about their tour at this side of the world.

i watched terminator already! everytime they mentioned The Resistance i just couldn't help grinning:D Marcus ftw!

I was at this place called downtown, at danau something lah can't remember. Near Wangsa Maju. What a rip off place!! But i bought a nice Khao San-import tee from there:D

Khao San! I miss that place, it was awesome staying there. Hmm Bangkok gig again please? :D

No prob Nut, but you better holler if ur coming over for Muse :p Haha presumptuous, no?

there is no way am wearing baju kurung again la beb! malu weh...:$ anyhow, am not 31 yet! still have a couple of months before i join kak miele and abg Matt's age group haha.. tak sedar diri betul.. :p

yeah Tee, no dvd for sure but perhaps a tv special about their tour at this side of the world.

i watched terminator already! everytime they mentioned The Resistance i just couldn't help grinning:D Marcus ftw!

Eh pa malu plak, ayu tuh berbaju kurung....And totally makes you stand out from the rest of us stalkers :LOL:

Haha dont you dare call me kak, Faz:cool:, but Abang Matt has a nice ring to it. I dare you to say that to his face next.

Chewah as if they've already comfirmed coming to KL :LOL:

Marcus is the good Terminator, right?. Notice that in certain scenes near the end, his sorta Aussie accent was really strong? Damn distracting. Also distracting was trying to figure out which scene was shooting when Christian Bale had his famous mouth-off. Fun!

^ haha.. ampun. ampun.. i won't call you kak anymore. was just messing around. :p but yeah.. ooohh i would definitely call Matt and Dom abang if i get another chance to meet them :LOL: ok sorry for being too fan girly. :$

Marcus is the good terminator. can't remember his full name tho.. i noticed his accent too. weird eh? tiba2 jer sounds australian while at times sound so american. i was trying to figure out where the mouth-offs are too! he did seemed too passionate in some scenes imo heh.. i don't really like Bale in this movie to be honest. but the mototerminator(??) really reminds of batman's bike! esp when Christian Bale was riding it.. woah.

man. i need to go out more. this is not healthy. lol

Edited by crazy_mary

Taken from Muselive, here: http://www.muselive.com/index.php?m=single&id=4619

Message from Matt :-)

Matt

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks for all the birthday wishes, 31! not long now... can't wait to get back on road again!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yes, back on road (sky?) all the way here ya, Abang Matt. :D

Probably like Italian and Spanish sound similar, but are actually different. Same originating language for both : Latin and for your question; Malay / Sanskrit words.

On other news, Nut did u know about this: http://www.straitstimes.com/Breaking%2BNews/Singapore/Story/STIStory_388850.html

Damn I was just banking on SG to replace Sunburst. Maybe next year, say around the time Muse start touring? :D

Hi! A quick one...

Anyone interested to go to a charity concert? A classical concert, organised by my fren, so I would like to give him support, but I’m not familiar with classical music, so need a fren/frens to sort of explain to a n00b like me LOL! And prevent me from sleep hopefully!

It's next sat, 20/6/09, 8pm at AMPAC, Dataran Ara Damansara

Here's the details:

VerSeS Music Ensembles & AMPAC

present

A JOURNEY THROUGH THE AGES… Part III

Showcasing a selection of European sacred music spanning over 400 years, with selections of instrumental, vocal and choral works from Tallis, Bach, Vivaldi, Mozart, Faure and many more.

The 3rd instalment of a series of 5 concerts by VerSeS.

Date: Saturday June 20, 2009, 8:00pm

Venue: Anne Musikschule Performing Arts Centre (AMPAC)

23, Block D2, Jalan PJU 1A/20B, Dataran Ara Damansara, Selangor

Admission by minimum donation of RM40*

Limited student seats at minimum donation of RM25*

*Please email/call in advance to book your seats.

All proceeds will be donated to “P.S. The Children” (http://www.psthechildren.org.my), a non-profit social organisation focusing on the prevention, intervention and treatment of child sexual abuse.

Call/email now to book your seats for AJTTA3!

Scott: 012-2396559

William: 012-2168342

versespj@gmail.com

http://www.versespj.com | http://versespj.blogspot.com

AMPAC: 012-6604788/ 012-6440788

http://www.ampac.com.my

Map to venue available here: http://www.ampac.com.my/images/ampac-map.gif

Facebook link: http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=719067283&ref=profile#/event.php?eid=91598546808

======================

Message from the Musical Director!

======================

Dear Friends,

I am pleased to announce that VerSeS Music Ensembles (http://www.versespj.com; versespj.blogspot.com) is embarking on a charity project this year, specifically, a Charity Concert entitled "A Journey Through The Ages... Part III” (AJTTA3) on this 20th June 2009 at AMPAC (http://www.ampac.com.my).

This is the third installment of a series of 5 concerts by VerSeS, the first and second of which were performed in Sarawak.

This Part Three is special as it will be the first where all proceeds shall be donated to “P.S. The Children” (http://www.psthechildren.org.my), a non-profit, non-governmental humanitarian organisation which focuses on the prevention, intervention and treatment of child sexual abuse. The recipient organisation will be present at the concert, where they will describe their cause and receive the collection at the end of the night.

As with all projects in the AJTTA series, VerSeS will feature selections of music from all the major periods in classical music (Renaissance, Baroque, Classical, Romantic and Contemporary). This Part Three shall be focusing on the theme of Sacred Music, with the aim of promoting the appreciation of a genre that forms a major part of the classical music tradition, independent from any religious inclinations (we wish to stress that this is not a religious/evangelical event).

We have selected a repertoire to represent the stylistic essence of each of the periods and from the leading composers of their time. There will be programme notes and a narrative throughout to facilitate better appreciation the music, especially for first-time listeners of classical music in general and sacred music in particular.

Entry will be by donation (minimum RM 40). Please call/email in advance to book your seat. Upon donation you will be issued a serial number which confirms your seat at the concert.

With this, we cordially invite you to come and support our social responsibility project and to get to know the music we shall be presenting. Please find attached the flyer for the concert.

Hope to see you all there!

Yours truly,

Scott

Musical Director

hey weresodisco!

i've asked my friend if he wanted to go to the concert w/ you. but i havent got any replies from him. so i'll let you know if he's interested, ok? oh, he plays violin by the way. so that should help you a lot if he decided to tag along:D

::update::update::

sorry, weresodisco

my friend's currently not in malaysia...

Edited by hannara

Like we didn't all see that coming. :LOL:

I think Muse would be better as a whole gig, rather than an act at Singfest. :)

+1! I'd rather be among other muse fans who paid to see Muse only :happy:

But does anyone know why Singfest got postponed? I was looking forward to see who they got this year :(

ps, A levels is killing me, oh my god :'(

Taken from Muselive, here: http://www.muselive.com/index.php?m=single&id=4619

Message from Matt :-)

Matt

Thanks for all the birthday wishes, 31! not long now... can't wait to get back on road again!

Yes, back on road (sky?) all the way here ya, Abang Matt. :D

:D I didn't get to wish him ):

WOW It's been a long time since I visited Muselive, it looks AWESOME now!

ps, A levels is killing me, oh my god :'(

:( Hang in there, Debbwi!

In other news,

Tioman was awesome! We stayed in a nice little resort - Melina Beach Resort in Kampung Genting. I went snorkeling for the first time ever!! We weren't able to snorkel quite far as the sea was quite rough. Even so, I saw many corals and colourful fishes! Lol I sound like a small child. :LOL: But we saw many dead corals too :( It was all very interesting. Did you know that if you see many sea urchins, it means that the water is polluted with sewage! I just love how the animals act as indicators.

The owner of the resort owns this company where they bring students to different parts of Asia to have 'eco-studies'. They were there with a school group, so we followed them around a bit. As sea turtles are an endangered species, they built a turtle hatchery on the beach a few years ago in efforts to sustain the life of these beautiful creatures. The bury the turtle eggs in a nest, hopefully preventing attacks from predators. And once the turtles hatch, they are freed into the sea..but unfortunately their chances of survival are 1 in 1000 :( However, we were lucky enough to see them hatch! Well we didn't really see them coming out from their shells (the eggs are buried quite deep), but you'd suddenly see them emerging on the surface of the sand!

All in all, it was a very interesting and wonderful experience! I'll post some pictures next time :happy:

But does anyone know why Singfest got postponed? I was looking forward to see who they got this year :(

I think it was because of the recession and them not wanting to fork out a lot of money to bring in bands. Eh, almost no bands at all coming this summer...also, they're probably a bit scared of the bands bringing in H1N1 with them. :LOL:

Liz, have you heard the new Athlete song yet?

Edited by Waldo

Thursday, June 11, 2009

Finished.. Possibly..

Hi,

So, I think,,, we've actually finished the album. Its all mixed so we are just listening to it a lot to really make sure its done but we seem to be agreeing it is.

It sounds f**king great and is my favorite album by far, but the new ones always are.!

September is hopefully the month of kick off but there are still lots of things to get together before then. Like learning how to play these songs live for one.. That should take a while!

Just want to say thanks to everyone who bought tickets for the tour in the autumn. We are immensely looking forward to it but also can only apologize for some idiot touts that are selling tickets for £200 - £600 in certain places. Obviously this has nothing to do with the band and not something we condone at all. We can try our best to try and prevent this but as you can imagine its quite hard. All our tickets are a fixed price and spending more than that is not something we expect. But keep posted as some more tickets for some shows may get released later down the line.

Anyway, see you guys soon,

Dom.

On other news, Nut did u know about this: http://www.straitstimes.com/Breaking%2BNews/Singapore/Story/STIStory_388850.html

Damn I was just banking on SG to replace Sunburst. Maybe next year, say around the time Muse start touring? :D

Hey I didn't hear about it till i read that link so thanks for that! I have to be honest that i have not been keeping up with current affairs.

Miele you should check out Korn live at Rock Am Ring 2009. EPIC man. That new drummer Ray Luzier is so bad-ass.

I think from work you can try http://youtubeproxy.org/ to view youtube shiznat and etc. Let me know if that works eh ;)

Oh boy, The Resistance is officially on the 14th Sept eh. CAN'T.WAIT.:D

And has anyone heard the new Placebo album? Sounds a little dancey, i think.

i think you meant uptown+danau kota=uptown danau kota? sooooooo near to where i live!

Like we didn't all see that coming. :LOL:

I think Muse would be better as a whole gig, rather than an act at Singfest. :)

+1. Muse doing their own gig is waaaaayyy better than having them as one of the acts or headliner or something.

:D I didn't get to wish him ):

WOW It's been a long time since I visited Muselive, it looks AWESOME now!

:( Hang in there, Debbwi!

In other news,

Tioman was awesome! We stayed in a nice little resort - Melina Beach Resort in Kampung Genting. I went snorkeling for the first time ever!! We weren't able to snorkel quite far as the sea was quite rough. Even so, I saw many corals and colourful fishes! Lol I sound like a small child. :LOL: But we saw many dead corals too :( It was all very interesting. Did you know that if you see many sea urchins, it means that the water is polluted with sewage! I just love how the animals act as indicators.

The owner of the resort owns this company where they bring students to different parts of Asia to have 'eco-studies'. They were there with a school group, so we followed them around a bit. As sea turtles are an endangered species, they built a turtle hatchery on the beach a few years ago in efforts to sustain the life of these beautiful creatures. The bury the turtle eggs in a nest, hopefully preventing attacks from predators. And once the turtles hatch, they are freed into the sea..but unfortunately their chances of survival are 1 in 1000 :( However, we were lucky enough to see them hatch! Well we didn't really see them coming out from their shells (the eggs are buried quite deep), but you'd suddenly see them emerging on the surface of the sand!

All in all, it was a very interesting and wonderful experience! I'll post some pictures next time :happy:

hey there!! i was at terengganu with my whole family+my uncle and aunt and we had a very random and last minute visit to Perhentian Island! it was beautiful and i love the clear blue-green water and the little fishes swimming in it :D