Hello! :D

I don't know anything about that, I guess we will have to get out of the stadium quite quickly to catch the band. :erm:

You normally have to wait for hours and hours to catch the band...then there's no guarantee they'll stop and chat.

ive joined,even tho i dont understand! Showing support tho and i'll do my best to bring balloons!!

Will i be able to get a taxi back to central station for a 23.45 train does anyone think?

I also want to know that... do you people know if there will be special transportation for people who´ll leave the stadium after the concert? Any bus or something? Specially to Central Station? I´m from Portugal and i´m going to the concert...so please help me :$

It's not long now, I am very excited. A whole holiday out of this one gig!! :) Just booked all transport from Birmingham to Gatwick Airport and back again - £19 return! :D Anybody else going from the UK??

A bus would be great. At a big gig in England we lay on extra transport to get people away from the site but dont know how it works here.

Portugal is my favorite country,whereabouts are you from?

I know, last year i went to see Keane at O2 in London and there where special Thames clippers after the gig! It was great having that kind of boat only for keane fans :p! This time im not so sure cause San Siro is not like city center, and I have no idea about bus or taxis or whatever.. that´s why i´m asking this.

Oh and i´m from the south of Portugal, i live in Faro, Algarve, it´s in the south of the country! A place full of sun and great beaches ;). Why do you love my country? :stunned:

question: me an my mate are arriving 10am local time to malpensa airport, obviously doora open at 4pm, so anyone any suggestions on how to fill the time? i was thinking getting to the stadium and then maybe exploring around? if so what is around the ground? your help will be very much appreciated!

question: me an my mate are arriving 10am local time to malpensa airport, obviously doora open at 4pm, so anyone any suggestions on how to fill the time? i was thinking getting to the stadium and then maybe exploring around? if so what is around the ground? your help will be very much appreciated!

I'm afraid there isn't much around San Siro, but a couple of underground stops away you could go to the 'Montagnetta di San Siro', that is a little hill on which you can have a nice panoramic view of Milan and, on clear days, of the surrounding Alps. Also, you could go to see the castle (Castello Sforzesco) or the big cathedral (Duomo di Milano), which are a few stops away, on the same underground line.

Here's the link for the Metropolitana Milanese (MM), the underground:

http://www.nbts.it/milano/mappa_metropolitana_1.htm

The Malpensa train stops at Cadorna Station; from there you get down in the Metro, on the red line you find the stops for San Siro (Lotto fiera 2), Montagnetta (Lampugnano), the castle (Cairoli) and the cathedral (Duomo).

Hope this is useful!

Many holidays in Portugal,to the Algarve,Lisbon and the Silver Coast. Have enjoyed the friendliness of the people and the relaxed lifestyle. My mum lives in Spain but i do not like it so much there. One day i would like to have an apartment in Lisbon,really enjoyed it there. Had some great Swordfish at Peniche and enjoyed the surfing in warmer weather than the UK.........many reasons!!

Hope you enjoy the gig.

I'm afraid there isn't much around San Siro, but a couple of underground stops away you could go to the 'Montagnetta di San Siro', that is a little hill on which you can have a nice panoramic view of Milan and, on clear days, of the surrounding Alps. Also, you could go to see the castle (Castello Sforzesco) or the big cathedral (Duomo di Milano), which are a few stops away, on the same underground line.

Here's the link for the Metropolitana Milanese (MM), the underground:

http://www.nbts.it/milano/mappa_metropolitana_1.htm

The Malpensa train stops at Cadorna Station; from there you get down in the Metro, on the red line you find the stops for San Siro (Lotto fiera 2), Montagnetta (Lampugnano), the castle (Cairoli) and the cathedral (Duomo).

Hope this is useful!

Thanks from me too :musesign:

Im gonna give couch surfing.com a try,looks like cant make our train after the gig and ive always been intrigued about this site,anyone have any experiences?

Be nice if i can find a local person who is going to the gig also.

I'm sort of 'local'; I was born and lived in lived in Milan for the first 19 years of my life:D

I've been living in England for nearly 22 years now (you do the maths...:rolleyes:) but I regularly visit Milan as mys mum ans sisters sitll live there.

Let me know if you need any help!

I'm sort of 'local'; I was born and lived in lived in Milan for the first 19 years of my life:D

I've been living in England for nearly 22 years now (you do the maths...:rolleyes:) but I regularly visit Milan as mys mum ans sisters sitll live there.

Let me know if you need any help!

I did the math and I thought I was the only one on here pushing it. I feel a lil better now.

Maybe you would know of someone who could offer a cheap bed for the night. We were gonna wander round after the gig and wait for our 5.40am train back to Bergamo but several locals have not recommended it!

What do you mean? Is it "dangerous"? because my friend and i were planning on wandering too :erm:

Maybe you would know of someone who could offer a cheap bed for the night. We were gonna wander round after the gig and wait for our 5.40am train back to Bergamo but several locals have not recommended it!

What do you mean? Is it "dangerous"? because my friend and i were planning on wandering too :erm:

The areas around the stadium and around the central station are not very 'nice' during the day, and they become even worse at night! I don't know of any cheap hotel I'm afraid, as I'm lucky to still have my childhood bed at my mum's. If you really must spend the night awake, then wander around the Duomo area (the big cathedral) as there's usually lots of people about.

Archived