Yeah, I have seen that. That sounds cool. What was the one good new ride like?

Mine wasn't too bad - was either at uni or work for most of it, but that's not bad. At least it meant I had something to do!

The new ride had carts that spun around on the arms plus the whole thing spun around. Would have been cooler if it moved up and down or something but otherwise it was fun spinning around without getting dizzy. All the spinning was horizontal by the way.

That's a good question. I'd go for Gramsci's Like Stray Voltage and (if you count them as a NZ band, which I do), Nux Vomica by The Veils. Also really like both of Goodshirt's albums, and Tadpole's The Buddhafinger is a guilty pleasure.

I rented Nux Vomica from the library, but lost it when my whole library got wiped. Good would be in my top three at least. I also really like Pegasus by The Phoenix Foundation at the moment too, and Pot Boiler by The Verlaines.

Pegasus by Phoenix Foundation is such an amazing album. :yesey: And I'd agree with Like Stray Voltage by Gramsci (no surprises there).

I'd add off the top of my head:

You've Got to Hear The Music - Dimmer

Pipelines Under the Ocean - Pluto

Amaze and Amazement - The Enright House (okay okay, so he's like part NZer, German, American whatever...but we'll claim him)

...there's just so much good kiwi music out there beyond Dane Rumble. :rolleyes:

I just watched Nick and Norah's Infinite Playlist. It was a lovely movie. Really enjoyed it.

my friend's status on facebook:

"...has no idea why she just sat through 'Nick and Norah's Infinite Playlist'. Worst movie I have ever seen."

Seeing how there have been a few favourite album threads around, I was wondering what your guys favourite New Zealand albums are? Just curious. :)

I don't like New Zealand music

ololol

It is, isn't it. We went on it twice as well as Scream Machine which is one ride that is always fun too.

What's the Scream Machine?