• Alex (Drums)
    • Eric (Vocals)
    • Beau (Guitar)
    • Chad (Guitar)

Erm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=senoHPwSwGM

Maybe he IS getting a bit less....suck.

emphasis on 'maybe'

that technique though...I really haven't seen anyone play like that before.

I have to admit, back when I was just starting out (a little younger than him apparently) I wouldn't use all four fingers as I didn't know any better...But...I don't see how he's managing. Is it because he's epically talented? Nah...

Erm

emphasis on 'maybe'

I have to admit, back when I was just starting out (a little younger than him apparently) I wouldn't use all four fingers as I didn't know any better...But...I don't see how he's managing. Is it because he's epically talented? Nah...

Yeah, using 3 fingers instead of 4 is understandeable, but he just uses his middle finger for everything. Must be a strong middle finger!

He seems to be playing the same power chord in every song he covers too.

Erm

emphasis on 'maybe'

I'm telling you he will conquer us all, and laugh as he devours our souls :eek::LOL:

Erm

emphasis on 'maybe'

I used to play the Hysteria bass riff with one finger :cool:

Then I discovered my other fingers and I went from sounding shite to sounding pretty good.

GSK is still lacking in the toanzz department

GSK is still lacking in the toanzz department

Well tone is in the fingers isn't it? or finger, seeing as he only uses one! the way you actually play (pick attack, left hand, etc) DOES affect the sound - but I think GSK is too 'technical' to care about tone.

Well tone is in the fingers isn't it? or finger, seeing as he only uses one! the way you actually play (pick attack, left hand, etc) DOES affect the sound - but I think GSK is too 'technical' to care about tone.

Tone doesn't matter when you have mad skills, that's why all the leet guitarists use MGs

Hahaha jesus they really raped those. Only one there who kinda knows what he's doing is the bassist I guess. Wonder if they even thínk they're good themselves.

I like the one filming it though. She doesn't seem really impressed either :p

Doing the intro might be acceptable if the cover was actually good...

I wouldn't even bother if I were doing a cover. If you're doing a cover of a song, sure, but if you're copying EXACTLY what they're doing live - riffs and all....that just seems...sad.

just my opinion though... :ninja:

notice 3:53 in that video. OLAWD

I wouldn't even bother if I were doing a cover. If you're doing a cover of a song, sure, but if you're copying EXACTLY what they're doing live - riffs and all....that just seems...sad.

just my opinion though... :ninja:

notice 3:53 in that video. OLAWD

I used to think my singing was a bit shakey, and I was sympathising until he got to the chorus but now I feel like teh Bellz0r himself by comparison! :LOL: I love when the guitarist goes completely out of time! And the girl videoing, her guffaws of laughter! :happy:

I guess... they look like they're trying too hard to mimic Muse's movements. You gotta let it flow, and just act natural.

However, Muse's influence on me is so strong that Muse-type movements are natural to me. It's crazy. Look at any live video, and that's pretty much how I move. I genuinely can't help it. If I move to the song, I move like Matt or Chris...

And no, you're not getting a video :p

I guess... they look like they're trying too hard to mimic Muse's movements. You gotta let it flow, and just act natural.

However, Muse's influence on me is so strong that Muse-type movements are natural to me. It's crazy. Look at any live video, and that's pretty much how I move. I genuinely can't help it. If I move to the song, I move like Matt or Chris...

And no, you're not getting a video :p

You could argue it helps you get the feel of the song? :LOL:

But I wouldnt attempt the matt suffle :p

Archived