Your Muse Collection! (And Collecting Questions)

Niall

To open or not to open.

So I got my Limited Edition Boxset of The Resistance (after 6 months of searching) and it's still sealed.

Wasn't expecting it to be. No I don't know whether to keep it sealed or rip it open and enjoy.

I wasn't really in it for collecting purposes as I wanted the vinyl and the 5.1 mix to play.

But now it's sealed.... I really don't know if it'll be worth something one day (or even now).

It's #1577

To open or not to open.

So I got my Limited Edition Boxset of The Resistance (after 6 months of searching) and it's still sealed.

Wasn't expecting it to be. No I don't know whether to keep it sealed or rip it open and enjoy.

I wasn't really in it for collecting purposes as I wanted the vinyl and the 5.1 mix to play.

But now it's sealed.... I really don't know if it'll be worth something one day (or even now).

It's #1577

I'm in the exact same dilemma. I knew mine was sealed when I bought it off eBay and I got it about 2 months ago, and it's still sealed sitting atop my dvd collection :rolleyes:

I have a feeling collecting purposes will keep me from opening it, unless I can figure out how to reseal it :LOL:

I'm in the exact same dilemma. I knew mine was sealed when I bought it off eBay and I got it about 2 months ago, and it's still sealed sitting atop my dvd collection :rolleyes:

I have a feeling collecting purposes will keep me from opening it, unless I can figure out how to reseal it :LOL:

I really don't know???:unsure:

It's taken me so long to find a Limited Edition.

Everyone kept saying just get the Deluxe set but I want the 5.1 mix specifically.

I have a pretty good sound/HT setup in a dedicated room and was so looking forward to cranking it up.

So what is it really worth these days? I was pretty happy with the price I paid.

Everyone kept saying just get the Deluxe set but I want the 5.1 mix specifically.

I have a pretty good sound/HT setup in a dedicated room and was so looking forward to cranking it up.

So what is it really worth these days? I was pretty happy with the price I paid.

The only reason I wanted it is for the 5.1 DVD as well :LOL: I'm sure I'll open it soon, I think, because I do want to crank that baby up someday.

I'm not sure how much it's worth now, but it's still a well sought after item I think.

My opinion is don't open it unless you have a great sound system to play the 5.1. If you want to listen to the vinyl you can always buy it separately.

Thought I'd add my collection to this thread. Acquired a few vinyls off ebay of late, in anticipation for my Pro-ject turntable that my hubby in getting me for my birthday in a week, at least he better be, or I'll have nothing to play them on;)

Cd's

A 5 studio albums

Harpp

DVD's

Harpp, Hullabaloo, Absolution Tour

Vinyl

12" Exogenesis

7" Butterflies and Hurricanes

7" Uprising

7" Invincible

7" Resistance

7" Muscle Museum

7" Unintended

7" Bliss

7" Newborn

Really want The Resistance special edition box with the 5.1, no luck in finding it as yet though:(. Also going to order the 5 vinyl albums from Muse shop:)

My opinion is don't open it unless you have a great sound system to play the 5.1. If you want to listen to the vinyl you can always buy it separately.

Well that's the problem, I do have a (IMHO) a great system. I've spent about $20k buying stuff from both locally and overseas and to me it sounds amazing. Adding a BASS EQ and turntable next and then a second SVS sub (or maybe even a Seaton Submersive).

I was so close to opening it last night. :erm::confused:

Maybe I'll just have to search for another one - opened already that is :p

Well that's the problem, I do have a (IMHO) a great system. I've spent about $20k buying stuff from both locally and overseas and to me it sounds amazing. Adding a BASS EQ and turntable next and then a second SVS sub (or maybe even a Seaton Submersive).

Mine's opened :LOL: It's one of the things I might have to sell because I've applied for 25 jobs so far and haven't been hired yet:'( I need $ for guitar lessons :(

I'm in the same boat as Jutta. IMHO I think I've got an excellent sound system...

... but maybe I'll wait until I come across a bargain, unsealed boxset :LOL:

I know this is the collection thread so I probably shouldn't post Muse stuff for sale here, but does anyone know of a thread where you can list things for sale?

http://board.muse.mu/showthread.php?t=54143&highlight=selling+thread

EDIT: I received my OoS Promo today :)

eh5e.jpg

To open or not to open.

It's #1577

crack it open...its seriously not going to do any good just sitting there! i opened the absolution box set as soon as i got it...

I'm in the same boat as Jutta. IMHO I think I've got an excellent sound system...

... but maybe I'll wait until I come across a bargain, unsealed boxset :LOL:

http://board.muse.mu/showthread.php?t=54143&highlight=selling+thread

EDIT: I received my OoS Promo today :)

eh5e.jpg

jealous!

Thought I'd add my collection to this thread. Acquired a few vinyls off ebay of late, in anticipation for my Pro-ject turntable that my hubby in getting me for my birthday in a week, at least he better be, or I'll have nothing to play them on;)

Also going to order the 5 vinyl albums from Muse shop:)

Pro-ject turntable - very nice, the 5 vinyl albums will sound great :)

If you can afford a $20k HiFi (what would that be in Great British Pounds? :)) then do you really need to worry that the muse boxset may be de-valued by 20%? For me it would be worth at least £20 to open it, feel it & smell it - hell I'll pay another £10 to play it.

What if - heaven forbid, that something is missing from inside the box :eek:

crack it open...its seriously not going to do any good just sitting there! i opened the absolution box set as soon as i got it...

jealous!

I think they should be opened & admired, maybe displayed in frame.

They would probably be worth more if sealed -

but will you ever sell them?

I opened mine & play them - and they sound better than the CD's :D

I'm leaning towards that now.;)

It's not something I'm likely to sell anyway so I may as well enjoy it!!!:D

Go for it - You are going to hear a very different sound from the cd!

If you can afford a $20k HiFi (what would that be in Great British Pounds? :)) then do you really need to worry that the muse boxset may be de-valued by 20%? For me it would be worth at least £20 to open it, feel it & smell it - hell I'll pay another £10 to play it.

What if - heaven forbid, that something is missing from inside the box :eek:

Maybe £12,000-13,000 in today's exchange rate?????

And that's just the Audio side, then there's PJ's, screen and A-lens and plasma and media itself.:eek:

Archived