hey my mum works with someone who's married to someone who once knew tom kirk :LOL:

already tried getting in contact though.. failed :chuckle:

i know this boy at my school who's step mum is a cousin of matt (apparently), do you reckon i cud get in touch, or some backstage passes maybe?

fir me, it was just that my libararian is morgan's aunt...simple as....

WIN.

Become a groupie or pretend that you're a very important journalist..? :erm:

*considers this* :shifty:

I had a friend who used to call venues and tell them he was with Skate Punk magazine (which was already defunct when he was doing this), saying that he was writing a review, and needed press passes for himself and a photographer. He just gave his name, and was told he'd have two press passes and tickets waiting for him at will call.

Every time, he only showed them his ID (drivers license), and not a work/press ID or anything.

He got into a bunch of shows that way, and got backstage. But these were never huge venues. They were venues like Slims,The Fillmore, and The Warfield (where Muse played in 2004) - venues that don't hold more than 2,500 people.

I got to take photos of The Misfits this way, while my friend interviewed. :D

With stadium gigs, I'm assuming you'd have to be legitimate - but if you know anybody who works in press (even at free newspapers, as long as they're legitimate, and not just zines), they may be able to get passes to do a real review, and share with you one pass as a photographer or similar.

• 4 months later...
Become a groupie or pretend that you're a very important journalist..? :erm:

I did this for She Wants Revenge. I actually had a writer's assignment, I just couldn't contact anyone for passes. I ended up interviewing the band after talking to their tour manager.

Archived