George Bellamy

musesyndrome

I found out some interesting information on Matt's dad, George, who used to play in the 1960's band, The Tornados.

Taken from: http://members.lycos.co.uk/cattinidrummer/index-26.html

Items in this thread are from: http://www.the-tornados.info/ please go here for further tornadoes info

geebee.jpg.jpgIMAG0003.jpg

Born in Sunderland. George Bellamy came to London, and worked as a Country & Western Singer. He auditioned as Rythym Guitar for The Tornados. He got the Job. George is a very good Songwriter and composer.

George wrote "Ridin The Wind" a hit in the USA and Lonely Paradise for the Album "Away From It All" by The Tornados

After the success of Telstar and further Tornados releases.

Globetrotter,Robot,The Ice Cream Man and Dragonfly.Geroge departed. Citeing touring as being too much for him.,

He cut a solo Single "Where I.m Bound" a Tom Paxton Song, and the B: side "How Could I Ever".(Written By George" On the Parlophone Label.Clem played Drums on the Track.

George was very busy in the Music scene. Reguarly visiting The set of "Ready Steady Go" and mixing with all the Bands of the period.Stones,Beatles and lesser known ones

He wrote a song "Get Out'a My Way" for "The Bo.St.Runners" on the Columbia label a good song too..

He then started a Music Publishing Company Called "Geobell" and still runs it . George Has over 200 titles to his name.In the 70s he became freindly with "Les Reed and recorded for the Chapter One label A track called "Maman" a song about the American Civil War..

In 1974 George,Roger Laverne,Clem Cattini and Heinz: rerecorded "Telstar" on The SRT label. A label, George himself started, with Dave Richardson.It lacked Alan Caddy.The B: side was "Red Rocket" an unreleased track from the 60's from the Joe Meek Studios.This sounded just like the original Tornados.Great.

George today lives in the West Country, and works as a Heating Engineer.He lso plays is a Band called "Rough Terrain". Suppose it would be after a Tornado blew over it.Is this what George intended or is it a coincidence. A very subtle link, but brilliant.Georges Son also plays in a Modern Band called MUSE check them out:

RECORD RELEASES:

TORNADOS:

Love & Fury/.Popeye Twist F11449

Telstar/Jungle Fever. F11494

Globetrotter/

Locomotion With Me F11562

Robot/Life On Venus F11606

The Ice Cream Man/

Scales Of Justice. F11662

Dragonfly/

Hymn For Teenagers F 11745

45 Telstar/Red Rocket SRT 1974

EXTENDED PLAYERS:

The Sounds Of: DFE 8510

Telstar: DFE 8511

Tornado Rock: DFE 8533

ALBUMS:

>>>>>>>>>

Away From It All LK 4552

The World Of SPA 253

Remembering REM 4

SOLO RECORDINGs

Where I'm Bound/How Could I Ever:

(Parlophone R5282)

Maman/Come To The Party

Chapter One CH 167

I found out some interesting information on Matt's dad, George, who used to play in the 1960's band, The Tornados.

Taken from: http://members.lycos.co.uk/cattinidrummer/index-26.html

geebee.jpg.jpgIMAG0003.jpg

Born in Sunderland. George Bellamy came to London, and worked as a Country & Western Singer. He auditioned as Rythym Guitar for The Tornados. He got the Job. George is a very good Songwriter and composer.

George wrote "Ridin The Wind" a hit in the USA and Lonely Paradise for the Album "Away From It All" by The Tornados

After the success of Telstar and further Tornados releases.

Globetrotter,Robot,The Ice Cream Man and Dragonfly.Geroge departed. Citeing touring as being too much for him.,

He cut a solo Single "Where I.m Bound" a Tom Paxton Song, and the B: side "How Could I Ever".(Written By George" On the Parlophone Label.Clem played Drums on the Track.

George was very busy in the Music scene. Reguarly visiting The set of "Ready Steady Go" and mixing with all the Bands of the period.Stones,Beatles and lesser known ones

He wrote a song "Get Out'a My Way" for "The Bo.St.Runners" on the Columbia label a good song too..

He then started a Music Publishing Company Called "Geobell" and still runs it . George Has over 200 titles to his name.In the 70s he became freindly with "Les Reed and recorded for the Chapter One label A track called "Maman" a song about the American Civil War..

In 1974 George,Roger Laverne,Clem Cattini and Heinz: rerecorded "Telstar" on The SRT label. A label, George himself started, with Dave Richardson.It lacked Alan Caddy.The B: side was "Red Rocket" an unreleased track from the 60's from the Joe Meek Studios.This sounded just like the original Tornados.Great.

George today lives in the West Country, and works as a Heating Engineer.He lso plays is a Band called "Rough Terrain". Suppose it would be after a Tornado blew over it.Is this what George intended or is it a coincidence. A very subtle link, but brilliant.Georges Son also plays in a Modern Band called MUSE check them out:

RECORD RELEASES:

TORNADOS:

Love & Fury/.Popeye Twist F11449

Telstar/Jungle Fever. F11494

Globetrotter/

Locomotion With Me F11562

Robot/Life On Venus F11606

The Ice Cream Man/

Scales Of Justice. F11662

Dragonfly/

Hymn For Teenagers F 11745

45 Telstar/Red Rocket SRT 1974

EXTENDED PLAYERS:

The Sounds Of: DFE 8510

Telstar: DFE 8511

Tornado Rock: DFE 8533

ALBUMS:

>>>>>>>>>

Away From It All LK 4552

The World Of SPA 253

Remembering REM 4

SOLO RECORDINGs

Where I'm Bound/How Could I Ever:

(Parlophone R5282)

Maman/Come To The Party

Chapter One CH 167

Thanks - actually didn't know much about him apart from the fact he was in the Tornadoes.

Having read the Ben Myers Book some time ago I can't remember all the details but The Tornadoes were really "fucked over" by the music business. Legal wrangles over copyright or something like that ended up with them not being able to release anything.

To quote that guy on the League of Gentlemen "It's a shit business" :)

matt-dad1.jpg

thats our pretty boy and his daddy [younger], they're so look alike. how cute they are. :rolleyes:

not sure if anyone has already posted it.

actually i posted this pic at the photogenic matt thread...so...same one again.

i have some songs of The Tornados..pretty nice. :happy:

cheers. ;)

matt-dad1.jpg

thats our pretty boy and his daddy [younger], they're so look alike. how cute they are. :rolleyes:

not sure if anyone has already posted it.

actually i posted this pic at the photogenic matt thread...so...same one again.

i have some songs of The Tornados..pretty nice. :happy:

cheers. ;)

they are cute aint they! he he d'aaawww matty and his daddy!

Archived