my bomber replica

musecasters

+1000000

Simnos a pussy! :LOL:

You might as well finish ripping manson off! It would look wrong if it didnt have the rivets and purple paint because its already a blatant bomber rip-off with the fake midi strip so you should finish the job properly!

Are you joking or something?

It's looking fucking awesome, :D:D:D

And what makes me a twat my grammatically challanged friend? Musecasters set out to make mattocaster replicas therefore he's copying the work of Hugh Manson, he acknowledged this already. I think that musecasters is doing an AMAZING job at his guitars and they all look amazing, especially this bomber with the fake midi strip. I fail to see how this makes me a twat...

So are you joking about the fact that you called Simno a pussy and that musecasters should keep ripping off Manson? Because it looked like the wrong impression to me...

So are you joking about the fact that you called Simno a pussy and that musecasters should keep ripping off Manson? Because it looked like the wrong impression to me...

No I think simno made the right choice when opting out of the rivets etc. because his guitar looks amazing. I dont think musecasters should keep ripping off mansons work since he set out to make a bomber replica to go with his 2 silver replicas, i think he should finish the job. I feel that the paint and rivets would make the guitar look even better than it already does.

No I think simno made the right choice when opting out of the rivets etc. because his guitar looks amazing. I dont think musecasters should keep ripping off mansons work since he set out to make a bomber replica to go with his 2 silver replicas, i think he should finish the job. I feel that the paint and rivets would make the guitar look even better than it already does.

to be fair, if i was 'ripping mansons off' i would be selling them for profit, i'm not, it's just i'm really bored of strats, les pauls & inbanez's (owned them all, still got the les paul & strat) i just feel mansons guitars look fucking cool & i wanted one, tried it & found i can make them to the standard i want.

this is not a personal attack on you freakonaleash as you're not the first to say this & i do value all opinions on this board.

i think i will paint it as it will finish it off, i'll keep you guys posted :)

Guest because

How i am going to go about creating a Mattocaster

Objective:

Create a Mattocaster guitar with the pickups Motherbucker and a p90 and a kick ass chrome finish. Fuzz Factory included. No Piezo and no sustainer.

Body

Just get a large piece of vinyl, cut out the body shape. (Research need, unless sexy Sexy Musecasters is willing to send moi a shape outline)

then Send it to Warmoth and get them to build it for you and do the routing etc...

Might as well get them to fit a Tune-o-Matic Bridge on

Cost: Around £300 give or take

Neck

At the same time, order a Birds Eye Neck, rosewood fret board etc.

Order appropriate Tuners etc

Cost: £200 give or take

Finishing

Send routed body to Sims for Chroming or whatever...

Cost: Dependant, but around £300 for a chroming or Plating.. £150 for a spraying

Electrics

Motherbucker: £60

Hot p90: £84

Fuzz Installation: £200 (on the basis you already own one)

TOTAL wiring (kill switch routing done by Warmouth) = £40

Various Pots, Switches, Knobs, and stuff = £35

Assembly and Finishing Touches

Assembly around: £150 maybe?

Set Up: £55

Hardcase: £70

TOTAL: £1494

Various P&P round the place may amount to about £100 (including deadly postage of body and neck from America)

Total Expenditure for Project: £1595 (extra £1 for some plecs :cool: )

Thats like £600 away from acctually getting Mansons you MAKE u one, thefore it's more worthwhile to spend that extra amount and get a professional to do it :)

to be fair, if i was 'ripping mansons off' i would be selling them for profit, i'm not, it's just i'm really bored of strats, les pauls & inbanez's (owned them all, still got the les paul & strat) i just feel mansons guitars look fucking cool & i wanted one, tried it & found i can make them to the standard i want.

this is not a personal attack on you freakonaleash as you're not the first to say this & i do value all opinions on this board.

i think i will paint it as it will finish it off, i'll keep you guys posted :)

Hey, I just noticed that on your silver Manson you have changed the pickup control knobs and have only bare pots on the comp and stab control...?

Guest because
Well it is a great idea because also you will be pround that you made it yourself.

But you didn't though, my idea is just full of assembly

that guitar can have my babies, it is fucking gorgeous, makes me wish i could build a guitar. u had any proper schooling in that kinda stuff?

I get the feeling its easier than everyone makes out, as long as you have the right tools. It's just a matter of measuring everything up, making sure you have it all measured right, and then routing out the wood in the right spots.

Everything else is just cutting the rough shape and sanding to make it perfect. Takes time though.

Archived