my bomber replica

musecasters

Guest Bl44t44p
Well its a very thin layer of chromium plating... I doubt it would be any heavier than standard lacquer/paint

Well that was my question.

I've waited a bit to say what a beautiful specimen you have. I'd say (please don't) add rivets to it. Right now it looks like molten metal, a drop of mercury and it's quite gorgeous. Adding rivets to it would make it just a Bomber pretender, while right now, it has its own identity.

Up to you though. :)

Yes, it looks great in the chrome finish but if I had a silver Manson (in your case, 2) and a chrome, it would look very stiff. An odd colour would be interesting. But would you have to take the guitar to bits to spray paint it?

PS. How did you manage to build that guitar in such small time!?

if you're worried about screwing the paint/rivet job you could always get hugh to do it - if he would.

:stunned: That would cost loads and loads and loads an loads and loads and loads and loads (etc). Unless you have the money.

Yes, it looks great in the chrome finish but if I had a silver Manson (in your case, 2) and a chrome, it would look very stiff. An odd colour would be interesting. But would you have to take the guitar to bits to spray paint it?

PS. How did you manage to build that guitar in such small time!?

It's only a bit of wood with a neck fitted :-) i spent a long time researching pictures & spec, designing it, checking & double checking measurements & taking my time. i'm steering towards a bit of colour, but i'm still ot sure :-(

Argh you now have the same dilemna I faced... I'd maybe just go for rivets, no spray. That way it will look sleek but industrial.

i'm pretty sure i'll do it all, i've come this far & as someone pointed out on this thread, i already have 2 silver guitars, a bit of colour might look nice. btw how are you getting on with your Manson? i might have replica mansons, but you have a real one!

P0010095.jpg

i'm pretty sure i'll do it all, i've come this far & as someone pointed out on this thread, i already have 2 silver guitars, i but of colour might look nice. btw how are you getting on with your Manson? i might have relplica mansons, but you have a real one!

P0010095.jpg

Am getting on really well with it cheers mate, takes a lot of polishing to keep damn fingermarks off the chrome! But yeah, been slavishly learning some Dream Theater, and have actually written a few bits and pieces of stuff I'm quite pleased with on the guitar. I can get a really lovely clangy clean sound with the piezo that I'm really 'digging' heh at the moment :D

Am getting on really well with it cheers mate, takes a lot of polishing to keep damn fingermarks off the chrome! But yeah, been slavishly learning some Dream Theater, and have actually written a few bits and pieces of stuff I'm quite pleased with on the guitar. I can get a really lovely clangy clean sound with the piezo that I'm really 'digging' heh at the moment :D

good man! I got the piezo on my other (the one in the avatar) & i do love the sound of it, the P90 is cracking through a clean amp as well... i'll post a vid of my planks when they're done,

I dont know if I've already said this, but...

Just fucking spray it already!

+1000000

Simnos a pussy! :LOL:

You might as well finish ripping manson off! It would look wrong if it didnt have the rivets and purple paint because its already a blatant bomber rip-off with the fake midi strip so you should finish the job properly!

And what makes me a twat my grammatically challanged friend? Musecasters set out to make mattocaster replicas therefore he's copying the work of Hugh Manson, he acknowledged this already. I think that musecasters is doing an AMAZING job at his guitars and they all look amazing, especially this bomber with the fake midi strip. I fail to see how this makes me a twat...

Archived