Here's the midfi:

HD Blank Screen.:awesome:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f6bpoWANoQc

Making of pics:

Sony Vegas and Arduino programming interface, recording stage:

24l9e0l.jpg

"Guts"

It was covered with a shoebox and a tshirt during the recordings, because of the LDR

24paudv.jpg

And the finished drive+boost:

2i941gy.jpg

As you can hear most of the sounds are not really useful, but i lold at the returning noise in Sunburn because it is similar to Chris's live bass effect which i found completely useless.:LOL:

Equipment were a cheap Fender tube amp, a strat like Cort and a shitty speak mic. No additional effects used, but the Clari(not) still had a noticeable clean boost after the fuzzlift.

:awesome:

It's based on a boutique fuzz I built (can't go into it here) and then I changed some values for my liking and put in a sag control and a dpdt to switch between transistors.

that might as well say Zvex Fuzz Factory :LOL:

I don't think talking about them is really a problem. I think it was more posting schematics and trying to sell them that bothered Zachary.

that might as well say Zvex Fuzz Factory :LOL:

I don't think talking about them is really a problem. I think it was more posting schematics and trying to sell them that bothered Zachary.

It's not fuzz factory :D Think hairy elephant.

Anyway trad3mark is on holiday so we can talk about whatever we want :awesome:

tom i'm not sure about your transistor switch. i think you need a 4pdt switch for it. i came across a schem before for transistor switching, but i cant find it now. google it's ass.

I originally thought it would need a 3pdt, one for each leg. However at the moment both transistors have one leg connected to the same point but they wont work unless the C and E are connected to them so when one is selected the other isn't doing anything as two of it's legs aren't connected to anything. That probably doesn't make sense as it's hard to explain, I might just use 3pdt to save some trouble.

I googled "transistor switching" and many variants on that phrase and all I could find was pages about using a transistor as a switch.

Thanks for that, just what I needed. Although I'm pretty sure that is a DPDT in the first image :wtf:

Now that i brought my head closer to the screen, it really looks like a dpdt.

But what to do with the remaining transistor leg?

Maybe he can connect the remaining two legs (like the two emitters) and connect them permanently to the circuit. I think one connected leg of the non-used transistor can't do too much harm.

Now that i brought my head closer to the screen, it really looks like a dpdt.

But what to do with the remaining transistor leg?

Maybe he can connect the remaining two legs (like the two emitters) and connect them permanently to the circuit. I think one connected leg of the non-used transistor can't do too much harm.

That's what I said earlier and that's the way I've done it on that vero I posted, I don't see why it wouldn't work.

Archived