Japanese Musers Thread

Rainbow

-Mariko flies down and catches Dan.

pillow.jpg

Here, lie-down. I want you to survive, til we go to Japan. ;)

Hello smiddel. Another Japan-fan?

Japanese is a hard language to learn, but you know a very useful phrase ... maybe this is all you need! :LOL:

well, I've been here for 5 months now, which means I've studied Japanese for just as long. I can understand quite a bit and maybe reply in japanese too, but somehow writing still isn't going very well.... :S but I'll just have to keep studying, right? *decides to leave comp in 10 min to pick up that pack of kumon again... :happy: *

-Mariko flies down and catches Dan.

pillow.jpg

Mmmmmm,sushi...*Dan eats and get intoxicated*

Oh,it will be hard to survive till we go to Japan,Mariko :LOL: .

By the way,could you translate the phrase Smiddel wrote?I want to learn!Learn!Learn!Learn!*Dan takes his notebook and begins to shout in Kintaro Oe's way*

Oh yeah, 何大すきか? わたしが天ぷら大すき。。。

Well, that was about all the japanese I know :p I really have to start studying again......

the translation... well... Something like: What do you like best? I like tempura best...

Wow, litteral translations are odd... :stunned: but you know what I mean, right? :LOL:

I don't really mind :LOL: .But i have to taste the cold ones,that noodles with ice cubes...although I don't usually like cold food...at least,not so cold :LOL: .But what I really want to eat is sakuyaki>_<...

the cold ones are probably somen (or however you may write that...) My hostfather loves sushi, so we go to a sushi bar quite often... Makes me perfectly happy! I've also had some creepy thing here though :unsure:

hey guys, I am back with tons of stories

Japan is the most excusite country Ive been to

people were so nice to us!

and in Kyoto - it has interent cafes that are FREE TO THE FOREIGNERS!!!

can you believe it? and we went to the city museum and an old lady bought us tickets and asked us to take them because she was honored to see us want to learn more about Kyoto??

our Japan rail pass expired but conductors said "it's ok, you can still ride" ???

and in Tokyo we were in a "dollhouse" cafe, enjoying pericura,

or man, i loved it

hey guys, I am back with tons of stories

Japan is the most excusite country Ive been to

people were so nice to us!

and in Kyoto - it has interent cafes that are FREE TO THE FOREIGNERS!!!

can you believe it? and we went to the city museum and an old lady bought us tickets and asked us to take them because she was honored to see us want to learn more about Kyoto??

our Japan rail pass expired but conductors said "it's ok, you can still ride" ???

and in Tokyo we were in a "dollhouse" cafe, enjoying pericura,

or man, i loved it

:eek:

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARGH!

I WANT TO GOOOOO THEREEEE!

Mariko,I can't stand it,I'm going now,I will swim to Japan!

Come on,uncle Hyper,tell us more to make us wanna die of jealous :LOL: .

HELLO i ve just moved to japan live near nagoya as the big city i need information about this country! where is the best internet site to look up bands comming to japan? where can i buy english magazines??? thankyouu

I don't know much about Nagoya (read: nothing) but I buy my english magazines at tower records or a large international bookstore. Those are hard to find though and horribly expensive. (12 dollar for Q magazine... no fucking way!) I've just been buying Japanese magazines eventhough I cant read them.... Strange habbit, I admit...

I don't know much about Nagoya (read: nothing) but I buy my english magazines at tower records or a large international bookstore. Those are hard to find though and horribly expensive. (12 dollar for Q magazine... no fucking way!) I've just been buying Japanese magazines eventhough I cant read them.... Strange habbit, I admit...

12 doller for a Qmagazine??? thats sooo expensive! whats wrong with this country!!!!????and do you know any websites indicating bands comming over to japan?

12 doller for a Qmagazine??? thats sooo expensive! whats wrong with this country!!!!????and do you know any websites indicating bands comming over to japan?

dunno why imported magazines are so expensive. Imported cd's are very cheap, so it makes no sense. I dunno bout any websites that specifically show which bands are coming to Japan, but keeping an eye on the website of the band you would like to see is never a wrong idea. There's also a lot of info on concerts in every cd store, though that is mainly from national artists. Western music simply isn't so popular....

sounds like you are a native Japanese now! :happy: Will you feel sorry when you have to leave?

My parents and grandparents went Japan not so long ago.the only word they could is"clean".Even the roof of the house.

I really hope that the ppl in our country could make a good study of the experience of holding a concert in Japan from the Japanese...I'm extremely hoping that..so that i could go to see more bands doing Lives without going aboard!(Truth is i never been aboard* :'( *)

true is you dont want to come over here if you wanna go abroad. and your grandparents must of went to the best place s in japan, first impressin for me was small dirty ewwww

going back to muse / music topic anyone know any cool bands comming over here soon?

no idea. You're a bit crappy in your timing, festival season just ended. Summersonic was very good from what I've heard.

I just remembered, I have to watch BS172 this friday... They're broadcasting glastonbury 2004 at 22.00. It was also broadcasted last week, but I didn't know, so I missed muse :eek:

Tokyo isn't dirty in the way that my city in Holland was. It's polluted for sure, The air is in some areas really bad (busy road near my school... whenever I cross it I feel a year of my life slipping away...), but the streets are remarkable clean. So are the trains and subways. That really surprised me from a city where 11 million people live....

going back to Holland will be difficult in some ways. I'll really miss the food! But on the other hand, I haven't seen my family and friends for over 6 months. That is starting to get to me. But I'll just enjoy the time I have here. a bit les than 4 months to go!

wow! thanks about the information about glastonbury! ishall definately be watching that! god where do ppl gain these information??? it must be just me...yes i heard the sonic festival was good but i only came here end of august.... shame but GOD FESTIVALS here aRE SOO EXPENSIVE the ones in belgium (where i use to live) is sooo much cheaper! Werchter which was 4 days with AMAZING BANDS was only about 17000 yen (120 euros however much that is) for combo ticket.

wow! thanks about the information about glastonbury! ishall definately be watching that! god where do ppl gain these information??? it must be just me...yes i heard the sonic festival was good but i only came here end of august.... shame but GOD FESTIVALS here aRE SOO EXPENSIVE the ones in belgium (where i use to live) is sooo much cheaper! Werchter which was 4 days with AMAZING BANDS was only about 17000 yen (120 euros however much that is) for combo ticket.

oh wait, you're from belgium? French or dutch side? I'm from Holland, that couls make this conversation a lot easier...

How I know about glastonbury? My hostdad zapped past it, so I yelled 'マッテ!マッテ!この バンド 大好き!’ but that was just the end of muse's performance, but then they announced that they would rerun it next friday (because of the holiday and all) soo..... I7m stuck in front of the telly then, I'm telling ya!

oh and Butterfly, if you need any more information about anything, feel free to ask. You can also PM me.

now I'm gonna listen to borderline again... ah... sweet bliss........

ok i know this is meant to be muse based but if you like muse you must like other bands too. and i ve been having problems getting information about bands comming over here to japan. but i have found a website

http://www.japan-zine.com/page1.php?id=378

thought you might like it for the ones living in japan. please would other people write down websites/tips about bands information.thankyou

• 1 month later...

Archived