A sensible conversation on the photogenic Tom Kirk thread?

I've also just heard on the news that smoking can send you blind. :eek:

So true; my husband's mother (canuxfan44's grandma) is one of the 5% who survived her lung cancer, and has a nice scar around her chest to show for it. She hasn't smoked since, 17 years, but about 5 yrs ago she developed the rapid form of macular degeneration, which causes loss of all but peripheral vision, and within a year became legally blind. And her major risk factor is her smoking. And she suffers from near-constant pain in her legs as a result of peripheral vascular disease, also due to smoking.

And for you smokers out there who need reasons to quit, here are a couple more: female smokers have 9 times the risk of cervical cancer, and the tobacco-produced toxins have been found in the cervical tissue.

And for you guys, why in the world would you risk a seven-fold increase in impotence???

So true; my husband's mother (canuxfan44's grandma) is one of the 5% who survived her lung cancer, and has a nice scar around her chest to show for it. She hasn't smoked since, 17 years, but about 5 yrs ago she developed the rapid form of macular degeneration, which causes loss of all but peripheral vision, and within a year became legally blind. And her major risk factor is her smoking. And she suffers from near-constant pain in her legs as a result of peripheral vascular disease, also due to smoking.

And for you smokers out there who need reasons to quit, here are a couple more: female smokers have 9 times the risk of cervical cancer, and the tobacco-produced toxins have been found in the cervical tissue.

And for you guys, why in the world would you risk a seven-fold increase in impotence???

Well I've been put off ever smoking. So have thousands of men everywhere.

Have you noticed Tom Kirks been online quite alot recently, maybe hes trying to stop 'secret' information leaking

either, someones dead, someones engaged/married/or had/having a baby, album information been leaked/album to be out soon or Matt Bellamy's been abducted by aliens. :)

Let's start a sweepstake on which one it is :)

Have you noticed Tom Kirks been online quite alot recently, maybe hes trying to stop 'secret' information leaking

either, someones dead, someones engaged/married/or had/having a baby, album information been leaked/album to be out soon or Matt Bellamy's been abducted by aliens. :)

I sit still considered "abduction" if the abductee is an alien in the first place?

Archived