2019.07.26 - Estadio Wanda Metropolitano, Madrid, Spain

forevermusic

Muse are playing Madrid on the Simulation Theory World Tour. The album pre-sale is on November 13th at 10am local time, with a members pre-sale on November 13th at 1pm local time. General sale will then happen on November 16th from 10am local time. Full details here: https://muse.mu/news,2019-simulation...-tour_4856.htm

Thread is for attendees.

Edited by forevermusic

I really can't understand why there is only one date in Spain knowing that the two consecutive dates (May, 2016) for the Drones tour got sold out in less than 20 minutes both. And as expected it happened again, standing tickets got sold out in FIVE (5) minutes and the rest of them not much longer.

I really can't understand why there is only one date in Spain knowing that the two consecutive dates (May, 2016) for the Drones tour got sold out in less than 20 minutes both. And as expected it happened again, standing tickets got sold out in FIVE (5) minutes and the rest of them not much longer.

Those two 2016 nights’ combined capacity is half that of one of this one tbf, not really comparable. They may well add a second date though.

• 8 months later...

Actually, would be p cool if you had the option of watching it from the crowd in VR. Might be pointless for people who were actually there but I’m just imagining looking back at gigs I wasn’t at like HAARP and Le Zenith from the crowd’s perspective.

Just don’t fancy something similar to the 360 app where you’re shakily swivelling about on-stage every 0.7 seconds to see everything before giving up after half a song. Though following Matt during Mercy would be fun.

Edit: OOH or from the band’s perspective, just to get an idea what it feels like to play on stage to however many thousands of peeps

Edited by Jobby

Travelled from England to see the show and was seriously disappointed. seen them numerous times before and this was by far the worst sound of any of the other gigs. the accoustics were appalling, sounded like they had borrowed the pa system from one of the city-centre buskers. Matt's vocals were exceptionally unclear and fuzzy.  Nic Cester's set was far better in terms of accoustic ballance so it obviously wasn't a problem inherent within the venue. also, had a massive column of speakers blocking view of the centre of the stage and backing screen. all in all not good. you can do a lot better than this.

Edited by duggy10
better wording

On 7/29/2019 at 8:08 PM, duggy10 said:

Travelled from England to see the show and was seriously disappointed. seen them numerous times before and this was by far the worst sound of any of the other gigs. the accoustics were appalling, sounded like they had borrowed the pa system from one of the city-centre buskers. Matt's vocals were exceptionally unclear and fuzzy.  Nic Cester's set was far better in terms of accoustic ballance so it obviously wasn't a problem inherent within the venue. also, had a massive column of speakers blocking view of the centre of the stage and backing screen. all in all not good. you can do a lot better than this.

Wanda Metropolitano could be the worst stadium in relation with the accoustics. Also depends where you have been in the concert, I was in the floor, close to the stage and the sound was really good and clear but in sector 207 my parents sometimes didn't ear very good what was Matt singing. 

If you compare this concert with other that has been played in that stadium, for example Bruno Mars, you can see a huge different of sound. I also was scary about how is going to sound Muse in that stadium but at the end I have to say that Muse sound enginneers did a very good work.

Next time would be better to play in another stadium looking for sound quality instead of looking for the maximum assitants that can assist to the concerts...

• 4 weeks later...
On 7/30/2019 at 11:21 PM, fercajim said:

Wanda Metropolitano could be the worst stadium in relation with the accoustics. Also depends where you have been in the concert, I was in the floor, close to the stage and the sound was really good and clear but in sector 207 my parents sometimes didn't ear very good what was Matt singing. 

If you compare this concert with other that has been played in that stadium, for example Bruno Mars, you can see a huge different of sound. I also was scary about how is going to sound Muse in that stadium but at the end I have to say that Muse sound enginneers did a very good work.

Next time would be better to play in another stadium looking for sound quality instead of looking for the maximum assitants that can assist to the concerts...

Not been to the stadium before so have nothing to compare it with other than earlier sets on that evening. 

We were in Sector 319 and, as I said the sound and the view were rubbish!!