songs not on CD or DVD?

Boombleeb

In the Live At Rome CD/DVD there are some songs not included on it, MOTPM, Liquid State, Time is running out, stockholm syndrome, unintended, Blackout and unsustainable. I wonder why they were cut out (especially Time is running out and stockholm syndrome, the popular ones). Also for HAARP they cut out Citizen Erased.

Btw they cut out more than just CE for HAARP. The slightly longer answer based on logic alone: They want to fit it into one CD/DVD because of costs, as well as there not being a lot of incentive to add another disc for like 5-7 more songs.

Also maybe Muse want to showcase their best side. It's a bit of a different take on the best of-album, which kinda loses its punch if there's too much material. It could also be that the band simply didn't like some of the performances, or maybe they didn't make much sense on the medium (For example Bliss being cut from the Hullabaloo CD, most likely because half of the song is spent running around the stage popping balloons)

In the Live At Rome CD/DVD there are some songs not included on it, MOTPM, Liquid State, Time is running out, stockholm syndrome, unintended, Blackout and unsustainable. I wonder why they were cut out (especially Time is running out and stockholm syndrome, the popular ones). Also for HAARP they cut out Citizen Erased.

Citizen Erased wasn't played on the date they filmed. They cut Sing For Absolution, Bliss and Sunburn.

Btw they cut out more than just CE for HAARP. The slightly longer answer based on logic alone: They want to fit it into one CD/DVD because of costs, as well as there not being a lot of incentive to add another disc for like 5-7 more songs.

Also maybe Muse want to showcase their best side. It's a bit of a different take on the best of-album, which kinda loses its punch if there's too much material. It could also be that the band simply didn't like some of the performances, or maybe they didn't make much sense on the medium (For example Bliss being cut from the Hullabaloo CD, most likely because half of the song is spent running around the stage popping balloons)

Isn't the Hullabaloo CD just showcasing their non-singles? (apart from Muscle Museum)

Citizen Erased wasn't played on the date they filmed. They cut Sing For Absolution, Bliss and Sunburn.
:LOL: So even more incorrect than I thought.

Isn't the Hullabaloo CD just showcasing their non-singles? (apart from Muscle Museum)

Was that the purpose? I've never heard or thought of it, but it does make sense considering they cut like...Sunburn, Plug In Baby, Bliss, New Born (which I assume was played but can't really recall).

They filmed both nights, in HD. Is just the DVD is based in the 2nd night and the CD in the 1st.

I would love if they did a special edition DVD that had a full setlist and then maybe just a normal edition that just has the select few Muse want.

Or maybe just put a whole show with extras? Nowdays with Blu-rays they can put more than 3 hours in HD at best possible quality.

Rome last around 1h30m because 1h30m is the standard for music movies. But in the end, cutting good songs made the final product worse.

Nothing was cut on the Hullabaloo DVD or CD.
Totally right.

1. Dead Star

2. Micro Cuts

3. Citizen Erased

4. Showbiz

5. Megalomania

6. Darkshines

7. Screenager (piano)

8. Space Dementia

9. In Your World

10. Muscle Museum

11. Agitated

What a setlist.

Totally right.

1. Dead Star

2. Micro Cuts

3. Citizen Erased

4. Showbiz

5. Megalomania

6. Darkshines

7. Screenager (piano)

8. Space Dementia

9. In Your World

10. Muscle Museum

11. Agitated

What a setlist.

That's the CD though...

Also I don't see why they had to cut Bliss, the CD cut of Agitated is mostly just cheering.

which post? most of my posts say CD/DVD
First of all, you edited your post after you made this one, so you clearly know what we're talking about, and making a shitty attempt at hiding it. Secondly, saying "CD/DVD" doesn't make anything clearer. They still cut songs out of the CD. And lastly I don't even know why you bringing it up because no one said they cut songs out of the DVD.

Sadly I think Muse are one live album away from doing the same thing :LOL:

well, the overdubs started last time around at the end of Survival....

I think Biffy were contracted to Warner for that live release (may well be wrong here), and were Muse for Live At Rome? The record company probably has a say in what goes on certain releases

well, the overdubs started last time around at the end of Survival....

I think Biffy were contracted to Warner for that live release (may well be wrong here), and were Muse for Live At Rome? The record company probably has a say in what goes on certain releases

Actually they had that going on already back in 2007 with HAARP (TaB).

But not as obvious as the Survival one though.

They also pitch corrected Matt in the 2008 performance of Megalomania.