songs not on CD or DVD?

Boombleeb

Yeah, check my edit.

These days they've even started doing it live at the gigs.

Nah, that's not pitch corrected as its all over the place (Well still could be, as anything could, but not a great example). Can sort of correct it using Melodyne, but it doesn't want to detect the whole note without crashing. :chuckle:

Edited by haze015

They haven't been altering anything live from what I know, but they've been overdubbing Matt's vocals to make up for the fact that he's singing it like half an octave lower than the original in Take a Bow.

Nah, that's not pitch corrected as its all over the place (Well still could be, as anything could, but not a great example). Can sort of correct it using Melodyne, but it doesn't want to detect the whole note without crashing. :chuckle:

It's just the last note we're talking about. I remember it being a big deal when the proshot was released back in...2011? Haven't listened to it since then though.

It's just the last note we're talking about. I remember it being a big deal when the proshot was released back in...2011? Haven't listened to it since then though.

Nah, you can hear him bend into the note at the start, then it wavers around, then there's the vibrato. Like I said, I can sort of change it in Melodyne, but its not great with full songs. It was just that last note I tried as well, just doesn't detect the whole thing, then crashes when I try getting it to so I can edit it to a static held note.

Bliss at Live 8 is a blatant example though.

Nah, you can hear him bend into the note at the start, then it wavers around, then there's the vibrato. Like I said, I can sort of change it in Melodyne, but its not great with full songs. It was just that last note I tried as well, just doesn't detect the whole thing, then crashes when I try getting it to so I can edit it to a static held note.

Bliss at Live 8 is a blatant example though.

Which video are you using for reference?

I still don't believe for a second that the Bliss note has been raised an entire octave. Since you're already messing with the software, you're welcome to show me how you would do it and still have it sound remotely believable. You can of course use an acapella track.

Which video are you using for reference?

I still don't believe for a second that the Bliss note has been raised an entire octave. Since you're already messing with the software, you're welcome to show me how you would do it and still have it sound remotely believable. You can of course use an acapella track.

It wasn't moved up an octave*, they messed with the timing and tided it up pitch wise or just replaced with another recording, but even creates problems.

If you've got access to high quality recordings of the microphone prior to any effects, then I'd be happy to give it a go, otherwise its a pointless task to expect to get the same results. Distortion, especially with the high end softened a bit can be enough to hide it. Post-distortion processing would emphasise it.

*As shown here:

Edited by haze015

It wasn't moved up an octave*, they messed with the timing and tided it up pitch wise or just replaced with another recording, but even creates problems.

If you've got access to high quality recordings of the microphone prior to any effects, then I'd be happy to give it a go, otherwise its a pointless task to expect to get the same results. Distortion, especially with the high end softened a bit can be enough to hide it. Post-distortion processing would emphasise it.

*As shown here:

I was basing that on the last time we had this argument, but I had forgotten that we actually moved past the octave thing :p But yeah I agree that it's edited somehow. So...basically we're in agreement.

Go figure I manage to argue about it anyway :LOL: