Pedal switching systems

Alex

Hi guys

I've been looking at getting a pedal switcher to make it easier to change between pedals on my pedalboard but need one that can change midi presets on my Strymon pedals as i have a Timeline, Bigsky and Mobius on my board.

I've found a One Control Crocodile Tail which seems to do the job but before i buy one does anybody have experience with them? Can i change midi presets with this and is it also possible to switch my Strymon pedals on and off with it as i don't always want certain pedals on in my saved presets such as the modulation on the Mobius which i don't always want switched on with the delay or reverb.

This is a completely new thing for me but i keep finding that i need something easier to switch between pedals....

If anybody can help that would be great!

Hi guys

I've been looking at getting a pedal switcher to make it easier to change between pedals on my pedalboard but need one that can change midi presets on my Strymon pedals as i have a Timeline, Bigsky and Mobius on my board.

I've found a One Control Crocodile Tail which seems to do the job but before i buy one does anybody have experience with them? Can i change midi presets with this and is it also possible to switch my Strymon pedals on and off with it as i don't always want certain pedals on in my saved presets such as the modulation on the Mobius which i don't always want switched on with the delay or reverb.

This is a completely new thing for me but i keep finding that i need something easier to switch between pedals....

If anybody can help that would be great!

im selling a boss es-8 for £420, best switcher on the market, easy to program to!

im selling a boss es-8 for £420, best switcher on the market, easy to program to!

Hey thanks for the reply, i haven't done too much research into those but i'll have a look and get back to you, i'm assuming you can save presets on that too? Cheers

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I'm looking into midi foot controllers as well. Can someone please advise though does the pedal board/rig need to be set up and switched on everytime you use the controller or does the controller save the settings for you to use. I'm thinking in terms of floor space where I play at home. Thanks in advance.

I'm looking into midi foot controllers as well. Can someone please advise though does the pedal board/rig need to be set up and switched on everytime you use the controller or does the controller save the settings for you to use. I'm thinking in terms of floor space where I play at home. Thanks in advance.

I'm not quite sure what you're asking, but the midi foot controller will remember all the settings you put into it after it is unplugged/plugged back in.

I'm not quite sure what you're asking, but the midi foot controller will remember all the settings you put into it after it is unplugged/plugged back in.

Thanks for responding. Sorry if I didn't explain it better. From my understanding the midi controller basically is programmed to control my pedal rig?

Does this mean every time I want to use it I would need to set up both the pedal rig and also set up the controller on the floor at the same time or can I use the midi controller on its own (once its programmed) and leave the pedals stored away? Basically will the controller act as a replacement instead of having all the pedals set up?

Thanks for responding. Sorry if I didn't explain it better. From my understanding the midi controller basically is programmed to control my pedal rig?

Does this mean every time I want to use it I would need to set up both the pedal rig and also set up the controller on the floor at the same time or can I use the midi controller on its own (once its programmed) and leave the pedals stored away? Basically will the controller act as a replacement instead of having all the pedals set up?

If you're going to use a MIDI controller to control your pedals then yeah you have to have it all set up in a rig and then use the foot controller to control them being turned on or off/control presets and stuff.

If you're going to use a MIDI controller to control your pedals then yeah you have to have it all set up in a rig and then use the foot controller to control them being turned on or off/control presets and stuff.

Thank you very much

MIDI sends/receives instructions to/from other devices. If those devices are not turned on or in the chain, then there's nothing to send/receive.

Like you need a console connected to a TV and power supply for the controllers to do what they are supposed to.

Quite a lot of pedals are not MIDI controllable. Which furthers complicates everything.