Another Chinese iterview talks about songwriting, next album approach and bandmates

michael8888

You can barely hear Matt voice at some point toward the end :mad: I'm glad that Dom said that their next album will have a different sound to the one of Reapers, I'd gladly welcome an OOS style, or even even a Showbiz style, with less distortion and more melody.

Well, he said that this album's focus was to stick to guitar, bass + drums and that the next album will go away from that. So, that makes an OOS/Showbiz sound pretty unlikely (assuming they actually follow that plan).

It's weird. They've been bigging up this stripped back, 3-piece 'rawk' album for about 10 years. Now that they've finally done it, I'm a bit lost in terms of what to expect :chuckle:

(just not another T2L hodgepodge pls)

Well, he said that this album's focus was to stick to guitar, bass + drums and that the next album will go away from that. So, that makes an OOS/Showbiz sound pretty unlikely (assuming they actually follow that plan).

It's weird. They've been bigging up this stripped back, 3-piece 'rawk' album for about 10 years. Now that they've finally done it, I'm a bit lost in terms of what to expect :chuckle:

(just not another T2L hodgepodge pls)

I'm too ! I really cant even imagine how will sound the next album sound, I'm glad they are willing to make another album and already thinking of it which means they still have enough creativity to produce something good, obviously wont match OOS or Black Holes level, but still something in this epic-genre music, I'd love it if they can mix a bit of all their influences in one album, an album that contains a bit of a summary of what Muse are.:happy:

I'm too ! I really cant even imagine how will sound the next album sound, I'm glad they are willing to make another album and already thinking of it which means they still have enough creativity to produce something good, obviously wont match OOS or Black Holes level, but still something in this epic-genre music, I'd love it if they can mix a bit of all their influences in one album, an album that contains a bit of a summary of what Muse are.:happy:
thats actually really far-fetched even by this board's standards.

I'd love to hear Muse's version of psychedelic rock. Have some heavier, riffy songs (similar to Elephant by Tame Impala) and some slower, darker ones. Kind of like Forced In.

Yeah for the Forced In reference. That would be great!

I only hope they really want to lose their minds, if they have to. T2L was more like "okay, let's lose our minds a bit but remembering that we have stadiums to fill", I'd like to hear them not giving a shit. I think they could very well do it now, they could release an album made of 11 electronic farts and still it would be sold well in most of the world.