I'm absolutely sick of this!

gergy008

I can't believe people are so cold hearted they will buy tickets just to sell them on at triple+ the face value. ARE YOU KIDDING ME!!?

gmC4oiz.png

HOW DO THEY EVEN MANAGE TO GET SIX TICKETS

WHY for the love of GOD are ticketmaster not operating the same system as for the Psycho tour to stop people selling tickets on by attaching them to the debit card, seriously???

This is bang out of order!

I can't see my favourite band without paying triple the face value. Great.

Ticketmaster, and/or the promoters give an allocation of tickets to the resale sites. This is not a secret, it's been exposed many times. The Government could have taken action, they didn't.

Viagogo were also shown to be buying up tickets on the open market and re-selling them and keeping the profits. Again, this has been exposed many times and nothing has been done about it.

Sadly there is open corruption. But if people keep buying tickets at these inflated values, the problem will persist.

Write to your MP, start a petition. That's all you can do.

I had no idea that this was happening. How can we stop it? "We can't" isn't an answer, I want to do something about this.

Our Government are mugs http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-27155986

Speaking against a private member's bill brought in by Mrs Hodgson in 2011, he said: "Ticket resellers act like classic entrepreneurs, because they fill a gap in the market that they have identified."

He went on to say that "they provide a service that can help people who did not obtain a supply of tickets in the original sale".

As long as they made their purchase "genuinely and lawfully", Mr Javid added, "there should be no government restriction on someone's ability to sell them".

If Sajid Javid is your MP, please organise a campaign to have him unseated.

I share your pain. First time I've not been able to buy tickets for a muse tour even though I was on the site at exactly 9.00am.

Absolutely gutted... Gonna have no choice now but to pay the ridiculous prices being touted. May as well pay the extra few quid and buy a legitimate VIP ticket. At least I'll be getting a bit extra for my money!

The only people that can stop this are the bands themselves... But they are too far removed from it unfortunately. Would be interesting to see if Muse themselves were able to buy tickets for their own gigs!

Ticketmaster, and/or the promoters give an allocation of tickets to the resale sites. This is not a secret, it's been exposed many times. The Government could have taken action, they didn't.

Viagogo were also shown to be buying up tickets on the open market and re-selling them and keeping the profits. Again, this has been exposed many times and nothing has been done about it.

Sadly there is open corruption. But if people keep buying tickets at these inflated values, the problem will persist.

Write to your MP, start a petition. That's all you can do.

It's a massive conspiracy. Although I've managed to get my ticket regularly, I can't help but feeling really bad for those who couldn't get their tickets in time because of this corrupted and unkind selling system.

Some monsters (not people, they don't deserve to be considered that way) believe Internet is a total, wild anarchy where they economically can do all what they want without paying the consequences of their actions. This is helped by the fact they could pamper and bribe State institutions.

I share your pain. First time I've not been able to buy tickets for a muse tour even though I was on the site at exactly 9.00am.

Absolutely gutted... Gonna have no choice now but to pay the ridiculous prices being touted. May as well pay the extra few quid and buy a legitimate VIP ticket. At least I'll be getting a bit extra for my money!

The only people that can stop this are the bands themselves... But they are too far removed from it unfortunately. Would be interesting to see if Muse themselves were able to buy tickets for their own gigs!

I hate to keep bringing up Radiohead but they managed to organise a ticket sale where fans re-sold officially through their ticket channels. As a result no ticket could be sold above face value.

The 2015 Rugby World Cup ticket sales have operated in a similar way and it'll be interesting to see if any tout tickets manage to get through the security measures.

It's a massive conspiracy. Although I've managed to get my ticket regularly, I can't help but feeling really bad for those who couldn't get their tickets in time because of this corrupted and unkind selling system.

Some monsters (not people, they don't deserve to be considered that way) believe Internet is a total, wild anarchy where they economically can do all what they want without paying the consequences of their actions. This is helped by the fact they could pamper and bribe State institutions.

Politicians want to leave it to 'the market'. The venues ultimately don't care even if re-sale validates the t&cs of most tickets.

We already have a thread for touting and scalping so please use it http://board.muse.mu/showthread.php?t=57119&page=66

As long as there are people willing to pay inflated prices for second hand tickets there will be touts furthermore no system is perfect and having witness several sales over the year whatever system they choose there is always people complaining.

This. No need to make new threads.