Looking for a photo...

Neil.

I don't get it, even if you have the permission of the fan who took the picture, don't you still need the permission of the photographed person as well, when you really stick to the privacy laws? :erm:

I know it's a little bit different when it's a famous person who's being photographed while doing his "thing" (in this case performing), because by performing in front of an audience they actually allow anyone to take pictures, but that still doesn't mean you can USE the pictures for anything you want... Like putting it on a bank card, right? :unsure:

Not that it matters, as long as the bank accepts the picture :) But how will you ever find the "owner" of the picture... You probably got it from a site who didn't mention the owner's name anyway :erm:

tis an irish bank. Permanent tsb it's called. http://www.permanenttsb.ie/personalise/default.asp that's all about the card. Those pictures above aren't too small considering the actual size of an atm card. :LOL: i wonder if i e-mailed/pm'd kirkbot or MuseManagement could they advise me?

EDIT TO THE MAX!!!

cardsdm9.jpg

so, starting at the top line, left to right, samples 1, 2 and 3, and the bottom line, left to right, are 4 and 5.

opinions??

Last one is best.

that's the one i want. aparently with bank things, there's insurance issues too. so it looks like i'm going to have to decide between either me with friends, a big picture of muse live on stage (you cant tell who it is) or, a design from architecture which i did.

that's the one i want. aparently with bank things, there's insurance issues too. so it looks like i'm going to have to decide between either me with friends, a big picture of muse live on stage (you cant tell who it is) or, a design from architecture which i did.

So you wouldn't be allowed to use a photo of Matt even with the permission of the photographer?

I only ask because I think this would look great..

2772320416_7f5f5f6c1e.jpg

And I've no objection to you using it.

From HERE

So you wouldn't be allowed to use a photo of Matt even with the permission of the photographer?

I really doubt that :unsure:

I should do some research on it, I know I once learned all of that stuff at school, but that's a few years ago :LOL: I remember it all became even more complicated when talking about famous people. Maybe you may publish a picture of Matt as long as it's a picture of him performing, "doing the job that he's famous for", but not some picture you took while he was... just sitting in the park or so :LOL:

By the way, I don't know if there are some differences from country to country. I guess not?

EDIT: had a quick look already... Seems like you may use every picture of Matt "doing his job" and put it on the internet and stuff (so also on your card), but as someone pointed out already, you will always need the permission of the photographer...

But then again, I wonder how Permanent tsb is going to check that because when I tell you that I took the picture and that I allow you to use it, how are they going to figure out whether that is true or not? :erm:

• 4 years later...

Archived