Your favourite Muse moments

Claudia O

Let's hear your personal treasured moments with Muse! If you don't have any, tell us your fave live performances or moments in interviews..

Not sure if such a topic already exists, if so sorry!

I have to say discovering Muse again, this year, was a great thing for me. I've never been to a concert or met them, but this time round I will do the first one at least :LOL: I'vr bought OOs and Absolution when it came out, really enjoyed them but wasn't much of a fan..shame on me..I know ti NOW! I missed so much, but 2015 was the turnaround, finding this forum and buying 2nd Law, and the wait for Drones was a big moment for me. Roll on tour now!

Edited by Claudia O.

- Matt's shuffle dance, especially the version during TIRO at Glastonbury 2004

- Matt's finger pointing paired with guitar feedback during MM in Exeter 2015

- Dom's Slipknot impression

- Matt's final scream during SS at Glastonbury 2004

- "Fucking fucking fucking fucking little fucking fucking little fucking fucking fucker yeah" Feeling Good, Spanish radio 3 2001

And there's tons more

I think my favorite moment would have to be the buildup to the release of TR. I had just started liking them at the end of 2008 and then I got sucked into the muse fandom and when they did the whole treasure hunt thing I was fully involved. I remember staying up/waking up at ridiculous hours to see who got the keys and then refreshing pages on the forums like mad to see what people were doing or how to solve the puzzles. The whole fandom came together for that treasure hunt and it was loads of fun and a great way to build up anticipation for the album.

These immediately come to mind. There are probably more.

Dead star in NYC in 2013/roulette landing on green for the first time. There was a rumor that they were going to play this (it was still somewhat rare at the time), but half way through the show, I figured they wouldn't. But they did, and that's probably the only time I've sworn out loud like that at a gig!

stockholm syndrome at emirates stadium in 2013. Why? I don't know, I've seen them perform this song a few times now, but this one was a bit special? :erm: Something like that

And pretty much everything from the webster hall gig. Meeting them, getting to hear the groove and apocalypse please, and just being able to see them in a 1,500 capacity venue (which I doubt will happen again anytime soon)

• 2 weeks later...

• Discovering them in our local rock club, hearing DAT BASS for the first time, rushing up and asking the DJ what it was... and yes, Dave insists he had seen them live before that and told me what the song was - indeed he had seen them live before that, but I clearly remember that I went and asked the DJ before I asked Dave :mad:...
  • Getting a letter from a Manics fandom penpal saying 'have you heard of this band Muse, their album's called Showbusiness (:chuckle:), you should check it out' and being able to write back YES YES OMG YES I HAVE...
  • Copy and pasting the lyrics of said album into Word and printing them out on fluorescent coloured paper... so precious even though they were wrong... ('and it's left me out and out to you'??)
  • Basically only going to scary Reading with scary friends of friends because Muse were playing, and omg mind blown. Much riff many carnage I was officially in love with this fucking band (just wish I could remember the ~*~*fucking setlist*~*~*)...
  • Annoying our IT lecturers by singing the most annoying songs (Fillip) with Dave in our college class, we were 'byowtiful compyowter styowdents who loiked byowtiful myowse myowsic'...
  • Downloading all their videos and bootlegs on P2P filesharing and some of them took days, and watching them over and over again (my dad's girlfriend told me they were looking for fans to go & be in a couple of videos but I was way too scared to go for that, argh, people)...
  • Buying Origin when I was an office temp that summer and not stopping the playing to death of said CD until I'd got through three copies...
  • Watching all the little clips on MuseTV and thinking lol they are so silly i love them...
  • Joining this here messageboard and being too scared to say anything then OMG NEVER GOING A SINGLE DAY WITHOUT IT FOR THE NEXT 15 YEARS...
  • Spinning around the dance floor of aforementioned rock club to New Born and Plug in Baby...
  • I was on the dole then and most of that time was spent clubbing, building a robot, smoking rollies and blasting Space Dementia, on a loop, while swinging on a fucking swing (seriously if you've never done it, do it today)...
  • Being so excited when I got Dead Star through the post and OMFG the emotions listening to that for the first time...
  • Dancing to Dead Star in the rock club; I bet no rock DJ would even think to play that now! I should find and thank that DJ; what a bamf...
  • Getting my first proper job and walking to work every day listening to Hullabaloo, still can't go down that road without the mad riff from Recess popping into my head...
  • READING 2002, making everyone laugh beforehand because I couldn't stand still I was so excited, the torrential rain, my pink hairdye running everywhere, riff riff riffs, amazing amazing amazing.
  • Wearing out my Hullabaloo DVDs and probably boring my friends to tears because I was ALWAYS WATCHING IT when they came round...
  • Said friends teasing me about 'fancying' bellz... "but he makes funny faces when he plays"...
  • We may have gone to the Absolution press preview and we may have blagged our way in to meet Dom and Chris...
  • Rushing home from work to listen & record the first play of Stockholm Syndrome on Zane Lowe's Brand New Show...
  • Went to see them in Bournemouth and Wembley, this was way before I was brave enough to meet up with Musers so I went with friends, danced tits off... never managed to get any balloons. I can't remember if this was the one where on the way home I met a friend from Southampton on the tube, and he was heading home from a Radiohead gig. Was 'a moment', anyway...
  • Passed my driving test - what did I pick for that first monumental first singing/driving moment? - Showbiz!...
  • Inventing stories to Absolution while listening to it in the car, parked up at the beach and chain smoking with my mate Steve...
  • First ever board meet for the Earls Court gig, was terrified so I took six friends, met loads of lovely noobs in Camden, we got drunk, danced at the back, loved every second, <3'd the screamy Small Print, cried during Ruled by Secrecy...
  • Being filmed close up while dancing, by a pro camera man... THANK FUCK there wasn't a DVD? And the next day about 15 boardies all said they saw us dancing at the back. HAHA...

(May be continued...)

• 4 weeks later...

I think my favourite moment was when I saw them in 2013 and they were playing in a big stadium. I'd seen them once before in 2010 but I wasn't a fan back then (I went because my friend wanted company and I thought they seemed like a cool band).

Me and my friends were in front row and we were having so much fun and usually at gigs even though I'm enjoying it, I'm not necessarily thinking "oh I never want this to end this is so great". But during that gig I think I even yelled out loud something like THIS IS THE BEST DAY OF MY LIFE etc etc and god. I've never had so much fun than during that gig.

I personally thought Madness was a terrible song but it had sort of become an inside joke between my friends like for example if it came on the radio while we were in a car we'd sing along over dramatically. And I remember yelling mA-MA-MA-MAD-MAD-MAD with my best friend very very loudly and people looking at us like "...okay calm down" and us laughing about it and I just had so much fun I'm never getting over that stupid gig.

I also touched all of them since they ran past where we were! I got to hold Matt's hand for a brief time during Undisclosed Desires so that was pretty amazing...

So yeah. I probably have lots of favourite Muse member moments from videos and etc but that gig was the best thing that's ever happened to me. :')

• 2 weeks later...