2015.09.13 - Lollapalooza Berlin, Berlin, Germany

forevermusic

Aww Yes :D. Was hoping for Muse to be the missing headliner. Definitely gonna get tickets for this.

Apparently there'll be two Main Stages, with Muse headlining one, and Seeed and the Beatsteaks headlining the other. Which is quite unfortunate, because I really like the Beatsteaks. But I was always afraid something like this was going to happen, as those three bands are just too big (in Germany) for only one of them to be a proper headliner...

Source: https://twitter.com/DJayCobs/status/605430449033363457

• 5 weeks later...

Seeing as I had to skip Werchter because I sprained my ankle the day before (just my luck...), I'll be going to this one! I'm really excited, I've always wanted to visit Berlin so this is the perfect oppurtunity.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Wanted to get Sunday tickets but they're sold-out... :(

Weekend passes aren't really expensive compared to what other festivals ask for a similar line-up, but accommodation and flights aren't that cheap. If Saturday was more interesting and if Tame Impala didn't clash with Muse I'd probably buy tickets though.

From the live thread:

Originally Posted by ChampenJacob View Post

Before AP they had a little chat around Dom's drum kit with Dom and Chris shaking 'no' with their heads while Matt prayed to them with gathered hands.

All the way through AP, Dom and Chris had a lot of contact and smiled to each other. When it ended Matt said "fine, fineeee .." as in it looked liked he would have played a different song. Could be interesteing to see a setlist.

Wonder what this is all about? Did Matt want to play a different song? Or cut it out? Hm...

Well, great gig :). The setlist wasn't as spectacular as Werchters (which was sort of to be expected), but still fun. The crowd was a bit disappointing though: Very international and not very energetic. Not that international crowds are generally a bad thing, just in this case kinda.

From the live thread:

Originally Posted by ChampenJacob View Post

Before AP they had a little chat around Dom's drum kit with Dom and Chris shaking 'no' with their heads while Matt prayed to them with gathered hands.

All the way through AP, Dom and Chris had a lot of contact and smiled to each other. When it ended Matt said "fine, fineeee .." as in it looked liked he would have played a different song. Could be interesteing to see a setlist.

Wonder what this is all about? Did Matt want to play a different song? Or cut it out? Hm...

Yea, I saw that too and hoped for something crazy, but was still happy when they started AP, because i feared they'd cut that out due to the short time slot.

Edited by fam201