Damn, really? I didn't really notice the double pedal hits and assumed he was using the Gong Bass drum in the few measures before the first verse. Now I hear it and need smaller feet to heel and toe. Can anyone point me to a good description of the slide technique.

I am only a newbie drummer (ok 2 years) but whether I am lucky or just marvellously talented (not:( ) I seem to have got the heel toe thing straight away. Ok, I cannot thrash out mega impressive patterns in a tight consistent manner but I can rattle out a few rythms and it feels pretty natural...and..I do not have small feet...size 10. I do not wear shoes and this may make a big difference.

OK I do move my foot forward so that I am near the chain but when you get the knack you can get a good enough hit even with your heel coming down very close, if not right on to the bottom hinge part. Best way I can explain how I got in to it is see how your foot moves when you are walking, it kind of rolls from your heel to your toe - you want to start off by having that same motion on the pedal. At the drum kit you want to start with your foot down flat on the pedal and then push down with your toe and lift your knee up at the same time to bring your heel and knee up. Then flick your toes up letting your heel and knee drop down and then roll on to your toes. Try to roll it and not jerk your leg up and down and hopefully you may suddenly get it.

Dom does use the gong bass in a few bars to add an extra hit on top of a bass hit but then the rest of the song is using double bass hits only with no gong bass.

Cheers.:)

Im having trouble heel-toeing with my Eliminator, can't get the pedal height right to do it :(

I use the red cam with the powershifter set as far away from the beater tower as possible, the beater one notch forward of centre and the spring at maximum tension. I also remove the toe stop and play barefoot.

I use the red cam with the powershifter set as far away from the beater tower as possible, the beater one notch forward of centre and the spring at maximum tension. I also remove the toe stop and play barefoot.

Thanks, I'll give that a go. Although I quite like using the toe-stop, so i'll stick with that.

hi there, can someone tell me if dom uses regular, projection, medium, or fast crashes. Just wondering.

i think at some point he's used them all. :LOL:

pretty sure they're just regular ones.....but im not going searching for videos and screen shots.

lol

alright cheers, its just I bought an 18" a custom regular crash a while back online and I figured it would sound as bright as my 16" but its a lot darker, louder and the sustain last longer. I was listening to the zildjian cymbal thingy and it sounds like a medium or fast crash would be better for me although i really should have gone into the shop and tested it out before ordering :|

cool.

I've got 18" and 19" regular a customs and i bought them online without hearing them in person. I assumed that because Dom uses them as well as other top drummers they would do for me.....and yeah - i think theyre brilliant.

Apart from the 19" has now cracked - and im playing it until it dies. It now sounds horrible! :D

But as a student - I can't afford to pay for a new one right now....:(

alright cheers, its just I bought an 18" a custom regular crash a while back online and I figured it would sound as bright as my 16" but its a lot darker, louder and the sustain last longer. I was listening to the zildjian cymbal thingy and it sounds like a medium or fast crash would be better for me although i really should have gone into the shop and tested it out before ordering :|

Firstly:

Larger cymbals are lower in pitch. That's just how it works.

Secondly:

Zildjian cymbals are renowned for their inconsistency from model to model.

No... worse. That video proves nothing. Mine shows him playing stuff other than the harmonics... while the harmonics are going, hence backing track, which is all irrelevant because we already know that it used to be a backing track and he now plays them live.

No... worse. That video proves nothing. Mine shows him playing stuff other than the harmonics... while the harmonics are going, hence backing track,

everythings a competition :rolleyes:

mine shows him playing NOTHING AT ALL - his hand is in the air!!!

....Yet the harmonics are played!

godddd....yeah dat pwuves nufF1nk :rolleyes:

which is all irrelevant because we already know that it used to be a backing track and he now plays them live.

Does he? How do we know? ;)

*cba to watch recent videos - im off out in a sec*

• 2 weeks later...
everythings a competition :rolleyes:

Backing track:
Better backing track:
(3.52)

:rolleyes: wtf going on here then?

godddd....yeah dat pwuves nufF1nk

Geez... when last I saw it. your video wasn't even looking at Matt at the right time.