Guest Bl44t44p

Ofcourse Wembley :p

I looked at the pictures on Microcuts.net and apparently it was indeed the same kit. Someone must have posted a photo of a different concert in the Wembley photo thread then :happy:

:eek: He can't do that! Tama won't be happy.

It's not even like he's using a shared kit and there's no time to set up the Tamas, like Portnoy using Jeff Campitelli's DWs and Paistes on the G3 DVD. Even then he had to put a message in the credit explaining that he exclusivly uses Tama and Sabian.

18" K Custom Fast crash, 19" K Dark crash (can't tell whether thin/med thin) and...................... 22" K Custom medium ride, I think.

it is a tad bizarre he's used that kit. The fact that the Gretsch logo is easy to spot on the bass skin is even more weirder. Maybe (if there will be a dvd) it won't be on it?

Im guessing he's used it just for Soldiers Poem and Blackout

Who Knows :erm:

I was there at wembley - Dom had 2 kits on stage - his Tama acrylics for most of the show but then the Gretsch kit popped up at the front of the stage halfway through to do about 3 tracks...he then legged it back to the Tama and finished in style !!!! :)

Wow. I honestly have no idea what that snare drum is. It's definitely a Tama but not any model currently available to the public. It's something new... a Dom Howard Signature, perhaps?

it cant be...he doesn't have his own signature sticks yet

it can't be...:stunned:

i keep thinking of excuses but there poor

don't know if this counts but ths shell pattern looks a tad like the Black Holes and Revelations CD artwork?

Nope. That drum has generic Tama lugs, Tama snare straps, a Tama MUS80B butt end, die-cast hoops, a non beaded shell and a pearlescent matt black finish, all of which differentiate it from a BB. And every other Tama snare currently available to the public, too.

EDIT: ADAM, I was watching your TIRO video, the mistake, was it at 1:37? Anyway even if that's not it the beat you're playing in that section is not what it should be:

Ki||xx-x|----|xx-x|----|xx-x|----|xx-x|xx-x||
Sn||--F-|--F-|--F-|--F-|--F-|--F-|--F-|--F-||
T2||xx--|----|xx--|----|xx--|----|xx--|xx--||
T3||xx--|----|xx--|----|xx--|----|xx--|xx--||
HH||pppp|pppp|pppp|pppp|pppp|pppp|pppp|pppp||

Sn||--x-|--x-|--x-|--x-|--x-|--x-|--F-|--F-||
T3||RR--|----|RR--|----|RR--|----|RR--|RR--||
RC||L-R-|R-R-|L-R-|R-R-|L-R-|R-R-|L-R-|L-R-||

You can see it on the Making of Absolution DVD. The stupid colours are necessary since the code tags no longer work.

Neither. I don't update the Muse Wiki anymore so it's probably got old stuff on it, Zildjian was never correct and he changes his setup almost nightly. If you post a picture I can tell you what cymbals they are though.

EDIT: At Wembley he used the 14" K Custom Special Dry hats (constantly since Absolution, he must really like em), 18" K Custom Fast crash on the right, 19" A Custom crash on the left, what appears to be some model of 22" A Custom ride, an 18" FX Oriental China "Trash" (also quite a fixture, since Hullabaloo), 8" Avedis splash and 11" FX Oriental "Trash" Splash.

The Gretsch kit had the 14" KC SD hats and 18" KC fast crash on the right, but with a 19" K crash on the left and I'm still undecided about the ride. The lathing patterns look very A Custom-ish (if somewhat subdued) but it also has an extremely high profile, suggesting that it may be a brilliant finish Avedis. The bell shape will be the decider, so I'll brb.

DOUBLE EDIT: It's an A Custom. The wide blade lathing grooves differentiate it from the Avedises, and the only A model to be offered in brilliant nowadays is the Sweet Ride so since it has a flanged edge this cymbal is not one of those.

It's interesting to note that he used Pearl hardware on the Gretsch kit and Tama hardware on the Tama kit.

The Gretsch was probably an antique given the shape of the badge and the direct shell mount. It had a 20" bass, probably 13" and 16" toms with the matching 14x5.5" snare and was finished in champagne sparkle wrap.

EDIT: ADAM, I was watching your TIRO video, the mistake, was it at 1:37? Anyway even if that's not it the beat you're playing in that section is not what it should be:

Sn||--F-|--F-|--F-|--F-|--F-|--F-|--F-|--F-||
T2||xx--|----|xx--|----|xx--|----|xx--|xx--||
T3||xx--|----|xx--|----|xx--|----|xx--|xx--||

Sn||--x-|--x-|--x-|--x-|--x-|--x-|--F-|--F-||
T3||RR--|----|RR--|----|RR--|----|RR--|RR--||
RC||L-R-|R-R-|L-R-|R-R-|L-R-|R-R-|L-R-|L-R-||

You can see it on the Making of Absolution DVD. The stupid colours are necessary since the code tags no longer work.

haha

yeah I know

I know he does that and I cannot tell you why I added the extra toms! Just made it harder for myself! :LOL:

And I dont have a ribbon crasher so I had to improvise a bit by using the ride.

Meh...theres mistakes in every video :LOL:

I've got a ribbon crasher, a 15''. doms is the 11'' i think from looking at mine! it sounds ok but i havnt found much use for it yet! and theyre really hard to mount too, i have to wedge it on with scellotape by taking off the felts and wrapping the tape around the cymbal holder! :LOL: but theyre kinda cool, and really loud! :)

Fair enough, the video description said look out for the mistake so I thought that might have been it.

haha even though it wasnt exactly as dom played it, it still had the same sound - I was just hitting different / additional things. :p

The mistake was at the beginning of the "Ribbon crasher bit". I hit the floor tom instead. :LOL: Thats what I'd consider a mistake haha - hitting or missing something that would affect the outcome of the song.

:D