So which ride did he use in Absolution ?, typically Stockholm...just trying to set my TD-12 up and looking to try and get that sound.

is that 4 times better than mine? :LOL: I have the TD-3

They go up in 3's dont they?

:LOL:

Maths was never my strong point...if someone could lend me a couple more fingers I could do the sums and work it out :(

I had a TD3 just before xmas and santa changed it to a TD-12...well that excuse kinda worked on the missus !.

Yeah..you must have had the TD3 delivered by now..how you getting on with it? I know we got ours for different reasons...me to get in to drumming and you probably to keep peace with the family / neighbours etc. I would imagine. My TD3 did me proud...too proud in fact as it got me hooked...hence now pouring over all the sounds and editability of the TD-12...which is awesome. Although I do envy you acoustic kit owners - I'd buy one in a second but just not practical here.

nah, 3k, 6k, 12k and 20k. there are variants of these which come with different setups of pads.. like all rubber, part rubber part mesh or all mesh, but those are the only full packages they do i think.

Maths was never my strong point...if someone could lend me a couple more fingers I could do the sums and work it out :(

I had a TD3 just before xmas and santa changed it to a TD-12...well that excuse kinda worked on the missus !.

Yeah..you must have had the TD3 delivered by now..how you getting on with it? I know we got ours for different reasons...me to get in to drumming and you probably to keep peace with the family / neighbours etc. I would imagine. My TD3 did me proud...too proud in fact as it got me hooked...hence now pouring over all the sounds and editability of the TD-12...which is awesome. Although I do envy you acoustic kit owners - I'd buy one in a second but just not practical here.

yeah - purely for noise / practice reasons, however I can integrate it into my normal kit which is cool! :D

TD3 at the mo.......ill see how I go to whether I get a TD 12 lol

nah, 3k, 6k, 12k and 20k. there are variants of these which come with different setups of pads.. like all rubber, part rubber part mesh or all mesh, but those are the only full packages they do i think.

Ahhhh theyre the roland packages....i got Millennium pads (well mesh heads to be precise) with the roland drum brain.

Yeah Roland name the kit packages around the module so you get the TD 3, 6, 12 or 20 but with a few other letters added to define a couple of pad and colour options ie TD12 KBK. You then can also get the modules separately which are just called TD3 etc.

There is / was also a TD8 and 10 previously so between all those numbers I reckon we nearly could get a sequence that goes up in 3's :LOL: but now I am boring myself and probably others .:stunned:

...so where were we?..thats right I was trying to get Dom's ride sound on Absolution..closest option I have found so far is called 18" PRide Bl where I believe P= positonal (trigger functinality) and Bl = Bell. But it still doesn't catch that sound that cuts through the mix so well. Ok I know I don't have a sound engineer with a heap of effects etc. but I do have the choice of loads of other base samples (Lite, Med, Heavy, Clean, Turky?) and then you can change the cymbal size, EQ, compression etc. but will probably be here all day. Am not a cymbal expert so guess all I am looking for is a fuller (idiot friendly) description of his ride cymbal and maybe some pointers ie start with a 22" lite etc etc etc.

...so where were we?..thats right I was trying to get Dom's ride sound on Absolution..closest option I have found so far is called 18" PRide Bl where I believe P= positonal (trigger functinality) and Bl = Bell. But it still doesn't catch that sound that cuts through the mix so well. Ok I know I don't have a sound engineer with a heap of effects etc. but I do have the choice of loads of other base samples (Lite, Med, Heavy, Clean, Turky?) and then you can change the cymbal size, EQ, compression etc. but will probably be here all day. Am not a cymbal expert so guess all I am looking for is a fuller (idiot friendly) description of his ride cymbal and maybe some pointers ie start with a 22" lite etc etc etc.

You can do all that on yours! :eek:

Can I do that on mine? All ive played about with atm are the pre-sets. :LOL:

You can do all that on yours! :eek:

Can I do that on mine? All ive played about with atm are the pre-sets. :LOL:

Yeah you do get a lot of editability on the TD-12 and a stack more sounds...but obviously at a cost. The TD3 sounds are not editable as such but they are good sounds (always the sign of Roland...good basic sounds so you do not spend ages buggering about) But I did upgrade to the lifelike V11 hi hat which the TD3 kind of works with but the TD12 really makes good use of so thats what triggered me off towards upgrading.

• 2 weeks later...
Acoustic probably (it's for for my brother to practice/possibly gig with) - I'm not fussed about zillions of cymbals/toms/etc, just a fairly decent smallish 4/5 piece plus hardware, hihat and maybe a crash + ride...

well im going to say yes you can get that type of kit second hand. Ive seen it in friday ads.

Ive never bought any second hand drum stuff though so I cannot tell you what to look out for.

I suppose the obvious: cracking, warping, dents, chips etc.....

Maybe ask to have a play on it see if it feels ok.

Make sure all necessary parts are oiled and all tension rods are there.

can you update me?!

a) Oriental China "Trash" 18"

b) A Custom Crash 19"

c) K Custom Ride 22" d) A Custom Crash 18"

e) Oriental Trash Splash 9"

f) K Custom Special Dry Hi-Hats 14"

g) Oriental Crash of Doom 20"

---

a - bass tom : 18" x 22"

b - Ludwig snare "black beauty": 6.5" x14" (changes frequently)

c - Tom Tom : 8" x 12"

d - floor tom¹ : 12" x 14"

e - floor tom ²: 13" x 16"

f - extra floor tom : 12” x 14”

--------

1 - Iron Cobra Power Glide Twin (HP900PTWL)

2 - ( hi hat) Iron Cobra Lever Glide (HH905)

3 - First Chair Ergo-Rider Drum Throne (HT741)

thanks.

can you update me?!

thanks.

DRUMS

Tama Crystal Ice (clear) Starclassic Mirage kit with custom white powdercoated hardware:

Matching Snare = 14x6 or Tama Power Metal Brass Snare =14x6.5

Hi-Tom = 12x8

Mid-Tom = 14x12

Low-Tom = 16x14

Gong bass = 20x14

Bass = 24x18

CYMBALS

14" K Custom Special Dry Hats

18" K Custom Fast Crash or 18" A Custom Crash or 18" A Custom EFX

19" K Dark Crash or 19" A Custom Crash

22" K Custom Medium Ride

18" FX Oriental China "Trash"

11" FX Oriental "Trash" Splash

8" Avedis Splash

OTHER PERCUSSION

DrumTech Rhythm Crasher

Handheld Shaker

TRIGGERS

Roland RT-10S Snare Drum Trigger

Roland RT-10T Tom Tom Trigger

HARDWARE

Tama Iron Cobra SINGLE bass drum pedal - chrome

Tama Iron Cobra hi-hat pedal

Tama First drum stool with backrest

18" Industrial Floor Fan

Stick Bag

l_8198fca0a969b9f8c5863aa65b8f1b42.jpg

I think i can say that's the most comprehensive and extensive list published on the internet right now. :yesey:

What's that used for? Well, I know what it's for, but I've never heard it (well, knowingly anyways).

Yeah you have! The tom trigger is mounted on his medium tom undreneth his ride and is used for the 'shaker effect' in SMBH.

As for the snare one, i THINK its used for clapping in Starlight....but im unsure. But it IS there! haha

DRUMS

Tama Crystal Ice (clear) Starclassic Mirage kit with custom white powdercoated hardware:

Matching Snare = 14x6 or Tama Power Metal Brass snare =14x6.5

Hi-Tom = 12x8

Mid-Tom = 14x12

Low-Tom = 16x14

Gong bass = 20x14

Bass = 24x18

CYMBALS

22" K Custom Medium Ride

8" Avedis Splash

OTHER PERCUSSION

DrumTech Rhythm Crasher

Handheld Shaker

TRIGGERS

HARDWARE

18" Industrial Floor Fan

Stick Bag

I think i can say that's the most comprehensive and extensive list published on the internet right now. :yesey:

THANK YOU VERY MUCH!!!! have a cookie! :happy:

DRUMS

Matching Snare = 14x6 or Tama Power Metal Brass snare =14x6.5

Hi-Tom = 12x8

Mid-Tom = 14x12

Low-Tom = 16x14

Gong bass = 20x14

Bass = 24x18

CYMBALS

22" K Custom Medium Ride

8" Avedis Splash

OTHER PERCUSSION

DrumTech Rhythm Crasher

Handheld Shaker

TRIGGERS

HARDWARE

18" Industrial Floor Fan

Stick Bag

INCORRECT! 22 A custom ride...:p