Hi all, this is my first post on the message board and I thought I'd share this site which says that Muse will be on the last episode of this series of Later...With Jools Holland. That will be Tues 26th May and the extended edition on Fri 29th. I guess we can expect 3 songs - Dead Inside, Mercy and Psycho/Reapers? :)

http://epguides.com/LaterwithJoolsHolland/

nice catch

800 capacity, they're not doing 1400 because it's a television recording according to the Mayan management

Sounds very similar to what I was told after the pre-sale.

50 or so tickets released on the pre-sale, and nearly 500 saved for "promotions and contests."

Essentially, everyone in LA vs the NYC gig got really fucked. And I'm still mad.

I'd been wishing for something like this since 2005, and I made the wrong choice, because we didn't have all the info.

Sounds very similar to what I was told after the pre-sale.

50 or so tickets released on the pre-sale, and nearly 500 saved for "promotions and contests."

Essentially, everyone in LA vs the NYC gig got really fucked. And I'm still mad.

I'd been wishing for something like this since 2005, and I made the wrong choice, because we didn't have all the info.

Golden voice's shit sale system didn't help

With how few tickets were released both time, I doubt any other system would have been better.

tbh, do we really know, say, Ticketmaster doesn't update only every minute? All you get is the spinning wheel of doom.

Goldenvoice just shouldn't make it so obviously unfair.

There was a massive cock up with the NYC pre-sale, and still damn near everyone eventually got in. I got through at :00 on the LA pre-sale, and it was sold out.

Now I get to decide if it's worth paying to go see the band's backs from really far away.

Anyways, is there a way to watch Jools in the US? I never remember these things...

There was a massive cock up with the NYC pre-sale

"Massive cock up" is perfect and the best colorful language to describe the event. So pany puns in those three words.

Anyways, is there a way to watch Jools in the US? I never remember these things...

Download the app "Hola" for your browser, it gives you proxies from other countries to view things.

I just can't justify the expense of going if I'm going to be in seats, especially if I can't figure out ahead of time if I'm buying seats in the back. :noey:

Plus, it's typically so far away that I might as well not be there in the first place. It's about seeing the band perform for me.

I was so, so, so close at the T2L tour. :( So awesome.

I'd love to see a stadium gig someday, but the flights for two people would be over $5000, not to mention hotels, rides, etc.

"Massive cock up" is perfect and the best colorful language to describe the event. So pany puns in those three words.

Download the app "Hola" for your browser, it gives you proxies from other countries to view things.

Yeah, I think I picked up the phrase from an old friend, but it DOES paint a better picture than what actually happened, doesn't it? :chuckle:

Oh man, I'm super angry, and depressed, and I'm laughing at dick jokes. The human brain is such nonsense. :LOL:

Unfortunately, I'll be at work when the show is on, due to timezones. They frown on me downloading anything.

I'm sure it'll be on YT the next day, I guess.

Why do so many people dislike 360 stages? I've never been to a gig with one

I have an anecdote in another thread, but to summarize, you're typically much farther from the band than you would be with a normal end stage, just due to the shape and how much is blocked off, and you end up either with a situation where you're looking at the backs of the band for either half the gig, or the entire gig.

Ok I'm a bit out of the loop — what's the cause for all the frustration regarding the Mayan gig?

It had a queue system that ended up being completely random. So you could start the queue 15 minutes before and not get to someone who showed up a mninute late.

And even then, it looks like only a small fraction of the tickets were made available at all, to allocate for whatever the more important people would be. At first there were only like 8 board members going (although now it seems more have come across tickets in the end).

Ok I'm a bit out of the loop — what's the cause for all the frustration regarding the Mayan gig?

They only released about half the amount of tickets as they did for the NYC gig at most, probably a LOT less, and the sales website handled it in a very unfair way.

If I'd have picked NYC instead, I'd have gone and had an amazing time.

Websites actually called it a "private gig" afterwards, as so few tickets were actually available.

As for the quadcopter, the Mexican stage pic actually reminds me of that

I'm fortunate to not have traveling expense since they always play nearby. I just haven't seen the band in about 2 and a half years with nothing coming soon so something would be nice.

I can probably reach anywhere in the US to see them financially, but getting time off work is another matter, unfortunately.

I'm stuck in an area of the country where they don't play a ton of gigs, though, and it's always too damn blizzardy to risk driving 9 hours to a concert.

I wish it weren't so unbelievably expensive to fly overseas.