Not really, considering the comparisons have been happening at least since Absolution, possibly earlier. Also I like Queen.

Absolution? Which songs specifically?

The first time I thought "Queen" was hearing the layered vocals on Knights of Cydonia. Since then they've used them quite a bit

& The Handler. I'm not saying it would be a bad thing just seems a common theme the last few albums.

I'm pretty sure Defector was described before as having operatic (Queen) vocals, Revolt as very poppy, and The Handler as having monster riffs and tempo changes. So it really does seem like NME mixed the 3 of them up.

This

Yeah I agree, I totally love some of there more Queen style songs, like Survival and United States of Eurasia. Its like I know its cheesey but musically there awesome. The only one I didn't like was Big Freeze. Never got the U2 comparisons for that song and this is coming from a MAJOR U2 fan. Definitely sounded more Queen to me. But maybe the reason I don't like Big Freeze is because there isn't really anything musically interesting about it where as USOE has the awesome piano and string section and Survival has the incredible guitar action.

So i'm looking forward to Revolt/Defector just as much as the other songs!

Agreed! Yeah, and also USoE and Survival piano/string and guitar sections have a sort of harmonic minor scale to them, giving that exotic, ethnic sound that's just so epic when paired with orchestra and/or choirs and massive bass and drum sounds.

Indeed, but Queen-esque Take a Bow and Apocalypse Please were nice.

Extremely Queen-esque Eurasia and Survival (both are good songs for me) were just annoying. It's Muse, not Queen.

I just can't understand why they have to emulate Queen or U2... or worse (ACDC?) They had good personality 'til BHAR (and since OOS as well), there's no need to make towards to other bands.

I know it's Muse. But every band has an influence, and some influences are shown more than others sometimes.

Survival and USoE were still Muse lol just with a more prevalent Queen influence. They pull it off well though, but as I said, it may not be your cup of tea.

I don't mind the so called Queen style songs either. USoE is in my top 5 muse songs.

I'm still not letting myself get overhyped for the album :D

Yeah, these reviews are getting me WAY too excited with the stuff I've read. Revolt being one of their most creative?

I mustn't get overhyped haha

But another review said that Revolt was the straightest song on the album...

The mind boggles!

What does 'straightest' mean?

I'm a drummer, so I just take that as 'not swung or shuffled' :LOL:

Am I guessing right if 'straightest' means simplest, straightforward, anti-climactic?

I'm still not letting myself get overhyped for the album :D

Yeah, these reviews are getting me WAY too excited with the stuff I've read. Revolt being one of their most creative?

I mustn't get overhyped haha

It's too late for me, I was over-hyped after Psycho. :LOL:

I've set myself the difficult challenge of not listening to any Muse tracks until I have Drones. I see myself breaking that though. XD

It's too late for me, I was over-hyped after Psycho. :LOL:

I've set myself the difficult challenge of not listening to any Muse tracks until I have Drones. I see myself breaking that though. XD

Yeah, I actually regret listening to and watching the Making Of video for The Globalist and Defector..

But the upside to it is that I KNOW for a fact that there will be epic music on the album. And piecing The Globalist reviews and what's been heard from the Making Of video so far, I can see the song being as epic as it's made out to be - the piano parts being accompanied with strings and just replicating the near-demise of humanity in an eerie whimper after a chaotic fury of drone strikes.

What does 'straightest' mean?

I'm a drummer, so I just take that as 'not swung or shuffled' :LOL:

Am I guessing right if 'straightest' means simplest, straightforward, anti-climactic?

I thought it meant "simplest" as in "poppiest"...

Anyone else feeling a little disheartened at the Brazil ticket prices. Not that I'm going or even live in Brazil or anything, it just seems quite hypocritical that they're doing an album on the topic of dark oppressive forces yet charge more than a months wage for tickets. Obviously I'm still hyped but it just feels a little... wrong

Anyone else feeling a little disheartened at the Brazil ticket prices. Not that I'm going or even live in Brazil or anything, it just seems quite hypocritical that they're doing an album on the topic of dark oppressive forces yet charge more than a months wage for tickets. Obviously I'm still hyped but it just feels a little... wrong

I agree, that's hypocritical. I don't know who or which organization set the prizes for Muse tickets, maybe they don't even know, in that case it would be fine that the information reach them and they can do something about it. It just doesn't feel right to pay so much for a concert, and you are talking about "men in cloaks" :LOL:

I agree, that's hypocritical. I don't know who or which organization set the prizes for Muse tickets, maybe they don't even know, in that case it would be fine that the information reach them and they can do something about it. It just doesn't feel right to pay so much for a concert, and you are talking about "men in cloaks" :LOL:

Yeah, I think I'm going to have to persuade myself that the band themselves *aren't aware* (which is probably completely naive) because this could really affect the way I percieve the album on first listen.

i tweeted him about that (mixed up with Defector and Revolt) and he said 'don't think so'

Don't forget The Handler. His descriptions are just so off compared to every other reviewer, but if you switch them around they seem to fit what the others have said. So he either messed up or has a very unique ear.

Yeah, I think I'm going to have to persuade myself that the band themselves *aren't aware* (which is probably completely naive) because this could really affect the way I percieve the album on first listen.

Yep, I don't mind that they do songs about mind control, "demonocracy", fat cats, etc. In fact, I think it's brave for a popular rock band to do political statements. But this is just too much. It's a total lack of empathy with the people of Brazil (Drones :LOL:). But they can try to reach the band and see what they do about it. Normally the prizes are set by the promoters, so I don't think it's to naive to think that they don't know about it...

I honestly don't think they're aware of it, nor I think it's naive to think so! I mean, I doubt they know about the minimum wage and economic situation of every country they play in. I don't know who/what takes care of that, but this may be their fault and not Muse's.

(I feel like when I discovered Muse at 14, always defending them:LOL::LOL:)

I honestly don't think they're aware of it, nor I think it's naive to think so! I mean, I doubt they know about the minimum wage and economic situation of every country they play in. I don't know who/what takes care of that, but this may be their fault and not Muse's.

(I feel like when I discovered Muse at 14, always defending them:LOL::LOL:)

That's true, they should at least be made aware of what they're doing though, doesn't look great for the band given their album's concept. I absolutely love them and the music they make too, but I can't help but feel conflicted when I see that.

What if someone actually asks them, or make them notice this?

Of course, they're my favourite band, but I'd be disappointed if they knew and got along well with that.