Seeing all these previews & hearing mercy I'm losing a lot of hype for Drones. It's a shame after being told it was back to rock :/
Yeah why can't every song ever be rock :( Psycho, Reapers, The Handler, Defector, The Globalist and Mercy clearly isn't enough rock.

And don't say Mercy isn't rock.

Yeah why can't every song ever be rock :( Psycho, Reapers, The Handler, Defector, The Globalist and Mercy clearly isn't enough rock.

There's not enough guitars on this album. Dead Inside would be a million times better if it had guitars and a solo.

Muse lied to our faces.

Just telling it how it is. Dead Inside & Mercy just don't fill me with hope. They're not terrible songs just middle of the road meh that I was hoping this album wouldn't be.

Just telling it how it is. Dead Inside & Mercy just don't fill me with hope. They're not terrible songs just middle of the road meh that I was hoping this album wouldn't be.
No you're not. You're telling us what you think of two SINGLES, one of which is no less rock than for example Bliss. And in order for you to tell us "how it is", you're purposefully ignoring that the songs I've mentioned, which are the majority of the album, have all been described as rock songs. You're basically whining because you want to whine.

Muse have done pop songs since 1999.

8 out of 12 doesn't sound that good :unsure:

____ out of 12 seems to me like a strange reviewing number. Too used to seeing a rating out of 5, maybe even 10.

Also, I caved and listened to Reapers due to the BBC radio 1 broadcast. I like it and am sitting on my hands to prevent me from looking for globalist/defector clips. :p

No you're not. You're telling us what you think of two SINGLES, one of which is no less rock than for example Bliss. And in order for you to tell us "how it is", you're purposefully ignoring that the songs I've mentioned, which are the majority of the album, have all been described as rock songs. You're basically whining because you want to whine.

Muse have done pop songs since 1999.

Haha whining ey, no :rolleyes: We're on a Muse forum, opinions are allowed ey. They are capable of far better songs than Mercy & Undisclosed Desires Mk2. Psycho was good live but Reapers is a bit all over the place. I'm still looking forward to Drones but expecting it to be no better than the last two

Haha whining ey, no :rolleyes: We're on a Muse forum, opinions are allowed ey. They are capable of far better songs than Mercy & Undisclosed Desires Mk2. Psycho was good live but Reapers is a bit all over the place. I'm still looking forward to Drones but expecting it to be no better than the last two
Which is a fair opinion, but it has nothing to do with the amount of rock on the album.

Which is a fair opinion, but it has nothing to do with the amount of rock on the album.

We'll see when the albums out. Maybe 'heavier' would've been a better word to use than rock. Trying to remain hopeful, don't think these previews are helping tbh.

Edited by CitizenTyler

You sound like you've already convinced yourself the new album is going to be sub-par. I for one am happier with the singles we have heard before this album release than the last two album's singles.

Pyscho is at least as good as Uprising/Supremacy

Dead Inside > Undisclosed/Madness

Mercy > Resistance/Follow Me

Obviously all opinions, but I think people should keep an open mind based on what we've heard so far, definitely an improvement for my money.

Pyscho is at least as good as Uprising/Supremacy

Dead Inside > Undisclosed/Madness

Mercy > Resistance/Follow Me

I agree it's all opinion! But this is kinda my problem, I want to be comparing to Abso singles or even BHAR not the last two. I know it was unlikely to be up there but again it's subjective if maybe TR or 2nd Law are your favourite albums it might be different.

Sorry guys for coming in all negative. I'll drop it now & wait for the inevitable stream :)

Negativity isn't really frowned upon unless it's constantly repeated, it's just that you're being negative about a whole album because of two songs which are clearly not really representative of the sound of the album. So let's move on.