It is a single, as said it was officially released as a double A-side single, and it's listed as a single on Muse's music/video media tab under "singles". It's just a promotional single rather than a lead single. Regardless, if a song's catchiness constitutes its commerciality then nearly everything becomes "commercial". Nebulous definitions don't make anything more clear. Most of Muse's catalog is full of repetitive structures and catchy melodies with repetitive and easy lyrics, does that make it all commercial? Matt's simply a very basic songwriter.

They are a commercial band. They picked Psycho as the first song to be released. How is this a hard concept to understand?

They are a commercial band. They picked Psycho as the first song to be released. How is this a hard concept to understand?

I wasn't talking about the band in general. If we're going to derail the subject then we might as well say any band signed to any label is "commercial" because they want to profit and create profit. I'm not debating how Psycho might have had commercial promise beyond initially creating buzz, I'm arguing against the notion that Psycho is an inherently "commercial" track made to appeal to wide audiences. It's obviously not.

That was only attributed to me, my greatest quote is "Dead Inside is next" ;)

wow congratulations on coming up with such great humour.

I'm glad someone had the power to ban you there as 1 in every 3 comment was "dead star is next" and it was extremely annoying.

wow congratulations on coming up with such great humour.

I'm glad someone had the power to ban you there as 1 in every 3 comment was "dead star is next" and it was extremely annoying.

Still funnier than Monty Python jokes?