Has anyone considered that the Instagram clip believed to be from Reapers (because of the riff) might actually be from a different song? The shouting/chanting of "Drones" just doesn't seem to fit with the dark atmosphere of the song; the distorted voice from Chris seems to fit much better. So perhaps the clip is from a later song (maybe Revolt or Drones) and it's a reprise of the theme but instead with all the defectors shouting in unison, proclaiming victory over the Drones.

Disclaimer: probably wrong, but I miss all the baseless speculation :LOL:

Has anyone considered that the Instagram clip believed to be from Reapers (because of the riff) might actually be from a different song? The shouting/chanting of "Drones" just doesn't seem to fit with the dark atmosphere of the song; the distorted voice from Chris seems to fit much better. So perhaps the clip is from a later song (maybe Revolt or Drones) and it's a reprise of the theme but instead with all the defectors shouting in unison, proclaiming victory over the Drones.

No, because the riff that plays before it is identical to Reapers. Besides, that clip was heavily unmixed, so all the voices could be distorted on the final album version.

I think it's the same song but I agree it sounds totally different and I said this a while back. The build up to the main riff in the clip sounds so much softer, like a completely different guitar. I think a lot of people are going to be disappointed with the studio version of Reapers to be honest.

I think it's the same song but I agree it sounds totally different and I said this a while back. The build up to the main riff in the clip sounds so much softer, like a completely different guitar. I think a lot of people are going to be disappointed with the studio version of Reapers to be honest.

It sounded like they were playing over a guide version to me. Hence why when the riff kicks in, it becomes louder. Plus that was ages ago, before the Psycho UK Tour, so it could well be a very rudimentary version that was heard. I get the impression that the live version is closer to what it sounds like right now. Truth be told, we'll just have to wait and see.

No, because the riff that plays before it is identical to Reapers. Besides, that clip was heavily unmixed, so all the voices could be distorted on the final album version.

It isn't entirely uncommon for that to happen in concept albums. In The Wall:

"In The Flesh?" is reprised in the second half of the album and starts with the same melodies and instrumentation.

The riff from Another Brick In The Wall Pt. 2 is played again in the build up of Waiting For The Worms.

And there're probably more examples from that album but I can't think of any off the top of my head.

You're probably right, but I still think it's plausible.

It isn't entirely uncommon for that to happen in concept albums. In The Wall:

"In The Flesh?" is reprised in the second half of the album and starts with the same melodies and instrumentation.

The riff from Another Brick In The Wall Pt. 2 is played again in the build up of Waiting For The Worms.

And there're probably more examples from that album but I can't think of any off the top of my head.

You're probably right, but I still think it's plausible.

Ah, I didn't know that. Could be, but I don't really think Muse would do that. Unless the final Drones track just turns out to be snippets of each track mashed together. :LOL:

But there are live versions of Reapers where they used the pre-recorded chanting.

It sounded like they were playing over a guide version to me. Hence why when the riff kicks in, it becomes louder. Plus that was ages ago, before the Psycho UK Tour, so it could well be a very rudimentary version that was heard. I get the impression that the live version is closer to what it sounds like right now. Truth be told, we'll just have to wait and see.

I hope so, sounded amazing at Newport, despite this guy next to me singing along like it was going to impress people he knew the words before anyone else (he didn't either).

I hope so, sounded amazing at Newport, despite this guy next to me singing along like it was going to impress people he knew the words before anyone else (he didn't either).

Same deal in New York. Having a patch of the crowd chant "DRONES" during the riff was pretty cool though.