MUSE on vinyl.

Doctor

I love MUSE and Vinyl, but all of their vinyl reissues sound terrible. Has anyone heard of any plans to reissue their albums on 180gm Vinly with more attention payed to sound quality? If not, then we should start a campaign to make it happen.

Yeah, i'm with you too. Muse's discography needs a proper remaster till BH&R, and hopefully, with vinyls and 5.1 Blurays.

Totally agree. Sometimes I just can't listen to BHaR and OoS because everything just sounds like a wall of sound. Absolution sounds a bit better, on songs like RBS and FAWY, but it's still pretty overcompressed.

Totally agree. Sometimes I just can't listen to BHaR and OoS because everything just sounds like a wall of sound. Absolution sounds a bit better, on songs like RBS and FAWY, but it's still pretty overcompressed.

It also sounds a bit deflated as well....kidding.

Well, I don't think the sound problems of the albums you've mentioned are only caused by compression, but also the distortion derived from the clipping. The sounds seems more crammed and creased together because of that.

Don't get me wrong, even TR and T2L are quite pumped up in compression and mastering, but their increased "listenability" might have been obtained through smarter moves and choice and mastering, making the mixes richer in "breath" (or "air") without losing the rocky punch, although more polished.

What do you think about the sound quality of The 2nd Law LP? I don't own any Muse vinyl yet, so I find it very surprising that the quality of their reissues is so bad! I wanted to buy the new album on vinyl but now I just honestly don't know is it worth it...

What do you think about the sound quality of The 2nd Law LP? I don't own any Muse vinyl yet, so I find it very surprising that the quality of their reissues is so bad! I wanted to buy the new album on vinyl but now I just honestly don't know is it worth it...

It's pretty good actually. 180gr records if I'm not mistaken. Sounds nice.