Madison Square Garden DVD/multicam project

zomuse

IT'S DONE

HD version

2 disc DVD version

----------

I'm a long way away from completion but I want to get some feedback on how my editing is

(NOTE: the final product is a lot more polished I assure you)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-h0Ywh8LimI

also here's Dead Star if you haven't already seen it

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z6agYmCM5_U

Setlist from night 2

Unsustainable

Supremacy

Panic Station

Supermassive Black Hole + RatM outro

Plug In Baby

Resistance

SSB + Hysteria + Back in Black outro

Knights of Cydonia

Dracula Mountain + Feeling Good

Follow Me

Sunburn

Liquid State

Madness

HotRS + Time Is Running Out

Undisclosed Desires

Dead Star

Isolated System

Uprising

Starlight

Survival

Bonus songs from night 1: Map, Explorers, USoE, Stockholm

If anyone has good footage of Supremacy and Undisclosed (night 2) and Explorers they haven't uploaded to youtube PLEASE LET ME KNOW (I've barely got three angles for Supremacy, only about two for Explorers)

Edited by zomuse

Looks and sounds fantastic! Take your time to edit the video. Cheers!

Thanks!

I just remembered today that there's also a full show recording from wewantthecup and now I'm mixing that in and it's sounding even more awesome :awesome:

Don't know if either of you do this as I haven't seen much, but the pan tool can be great for zooming in to different parts of the video and making it look like you have more camera angles than you actually do. Keeps it from looking static. Lowers the quality a bit but for a fan-shot having perfect picture quality is already sacrificial.

I'd also say avoid too may crossfades, but I know I'm guilty of not following my own advice there.

Don't know if either of you do this as I haven't seen much, but the pan tool can be great for zooming in to different parts of the video and making it look like you have more camera angles than you actually do. Keeps it from looking static. Lowers the quality a bit but for a fan-shot having perfect picture quality is already sacrificial.

I'd also say avoid too may crossfades, but I know I'm guilty of not following my own advice there.

Thanks for the comments, I could probably make more use of panning/cropping yeah. I think I use crossfades quite minimally, only where I think it fits/makes it less jarring ie. quieter parts.

Any updates on this project? I know it's a lot of work, I'm just so anxious to relive the best night of my life (and part of the second-best night) :LOL:

I'm doing it sequentially and have just finished TiRO :) so that leaves 5 8 songs including the bonus ones left.

Edited by zomuse

Awesome :) Thank you again for doing this! :D I am so so pumped to see the finished product :)

By the way, I posted two of my friends' UD videos in the PMT, but you may already have them, since they're on Youtube. But I figured I'd try to help :LOL: The issue is that even though they're in two different spots on the barrier, they still have a fairly limited view, so the stuff that goes on on the far ends of the barrier are totally lost. :(

The only thing that may be slightly tricky with editing videos from other shows is consistency, since Matt is carrying a rose for most of the MSG barrier walk, and when you cut to other shots, he won't be holding it. (But who would really be paying that much attention? :chuckle:)

Awesome :) Thank you again for doing this! :D I am so so pumped to see the finished product :)

By the way, I posted two of my friends' UD videos in the PMT, but you may already have them, since they're on Youtube. But I figured I'd try to help :LOL: The issue is that even though they're in two different spots on the barrier, they still have a fairly limited view, so the stuff that goes on on the far ends of the barrier are totally lost. :(

The only thing that may be slightly tricky with editing videos from other shows is consistency, since Matt is carrying a rose for most of the MSG barrier walk, and when you cut to other shots, he won't be holding it. (But who would really be paying that much attention? :chuckle:)

Yeah turns out I can't really use the LA footage either because a) there's not much of it and b) his hair's too fluffy :mad: (never thought I'd be mad about that :chuckle:)

• 3 weeks later...

Update

So I've finished the first render of everything, next I need to figure out how to master the audio (???????/ i have no idea what i am doing) and go back and fine tune stuff, then re-render everything and contemplate the logistics of smushing everything together (my poor laptop is going to die)

The audio is holding me back right now. When I make changes I can't tell if I'm improving it or making it worse...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...