2013.10.4/11 - Austin City Limits Festival, Austin, TX, US

agenthal

Eeesh, that Austin360 review was just bloody awful. The guy is trying so desperately hard to be cool it's oozing out of him.

So I am still not clear---did Muse actually blow out the power, or was it just faulty system/fault of ACL?? And I am assuming this cut the set short...or..?? Thanks! :)

Sorry, I'm not trying to NOT answer you, I just don't think I CAN I don't tell you that precisely, sorry. :$:LOL: I know someone working at the festival, and they questioned around and told me that it had something to do with Muse's European instruments/systems vs the festivals US generators... but that didn't make a lot of sense to me. Muse was obviously not the first non-US band at ACL. Maybe that stage had to much of a power drain/draw that day? I don't know, it's been a LONG time since I worked backstage at any type of show. And they had literally played into what 4 notes of Supremacy? But the bands are using ACL's generators.

Dom came out not Matt! and told us (the audience) something along the lines of "Of all the states to run out of oil for the generators he didn't expect it here" after the first one. After the 2nd one......well eventually Chris just came out and started out on his harmonica :LOL: (they made it until the last encore song)

Yes, I believe the set was way shorter (show was delayed about 30 mins), but yes the band went past the city's 10pm noise ordinance. (It makes me snicker to think of ACL having to pay those fines) Extra encore songs instead... and then Survival cut out. All in all, who knows what was supposed to go where at that point?

*Keep in mind...this is how I saw it :happy:*

...but that didn't make a lot of sense to me. Muse was obviously not the first non-US band at ACL.

Dom came out not Matt! and told us (the audience) something along the lines of "Of all the states to run out of oil for the generators he didn't expect it here" after the first one.

Doesn't make sense at all. I hope they do all they can to prevent it.

:LOL:

Anyone here tonight? Maybe we can get dinner. I've been craving Bangers.

Finally home! And my flight was delayed and my dad got in a car accident and everything is confusing and how do I even go back to work like this? lol

But I found this review and thought I'd share. :LOL:

http://www.austin360.com/weblogs/austin-music-source/2013/oct/11/acl-fest-scene-report-friday-night-headliners/?ecmp=editorial_facebook_post__20131012_13060024

9:56 p.m. That thing where Muse channels Queen then strobe lights the field turning it up to 11 in a flurry of guitar screeches pounding drums. Surely, nothing can top this.

It was great to see some familiar and new faces last weekend! Can't believe it's already been just over a week. :(

I know! There were too many faces I hadn't seen since Lolla '11, yours included. :( We Musers all need to move closer to each other or make friends with billionaires with private planes. :LOL:

Archived