2013.06.18 - Werchter Festival Site, Rotselaar, Belgium

L.

Okay, just verifying :) I thought it was weird for him to play teasers of those songs before Feeling Good.

Anyway I can imagine the crowd being a bit more held back at Werchter Boutique. It's a shame because the large scale sing and jump alongs are what makes these gigs special. Everyone it's own preferences off course, but I think the labeling of the gig with werchter/ werchter boutique attracted more casual fans and random people looking for a music - themed evening, who not necessarily will take part in all the singing/jumping.

Okay, just verifying :) I thought it was weird for him to play teasers of those songs before Feeling Good.

Anyway I can imagine the crowd being a bit more held back at Werchter Boutique. It's a shame because the large scale sing and jump alongs are what makes these gigs special. Everyone it's own preferences off course, but I think the labeling of the gig with werchter/ werchter boutique attracted more casual fans and random people looking for a music - themed evening, who not necessarily will take part in all the singing/jumping.

Yes, it'd have meant "Hey losers, do you hear this? You won't get it today but this is what the crowd will hear at our next tour stop ! =D", which would have been weird.

And you're probably right. After watching several videos taken from the back of the crowd, I now realize many came to the gig thinking it'd be like a 1-day festival (which was the case somehow in the end). A lot of people had a glass of beer in one hand and calmly watching the gig. They probably came to spend a good evening listening to some good music and "nothing" more.

I'll think twice before going to such a gig next time. The crowd is a big part of a good experience IMO.

Haha Xav we had the same thing. it wasn't until 2.45 we were able to drive at full speed, such a joke!

Hehe :)

I was so bored I had a short walk several times and came back to my friend's car only to tell him he should restart the car because we were soon going to move 5m forward...

Well I had a bloody great time! Came over from UK for third gig in 3 weeks :LOL: Got right to front of B stage, and had fantastic time - eye contact with Matt *swoon* and shook hands with a Wolstenkid :) Looked to me that the crowd at the front of the pit were certainly jumping and singing, but was definitely more civilised than at Emirates. There, when we got in, you couldn't move from your spot at all for hours! At least this time we could wander in and out to get drinks (thank God, cos it was so damn hot!) - before Muse came on obviously; I wasn't going to miss a moment of that!

SX were just weird but I loved Balthazar. First time I've properly taken notice of a support act!

So that's my Muse fix for the year :( Can't wait till they come back to the UK again - next year hopefully!)

Audience was quite boring apart from the front row. but still, that didn't bother me as much as usual. i enjoyed it so much. it was special in a way and i just loved every second of it. :D Werchter always been a beautiful location imo, have good memories from it there but for Werchter Boutique events the audience is always pretty poor.

Anyway, like i said it was just amazing and the guys seemed so energetic and happy. it was very hot, but all worth it for queuing, the queuing was fun with all the lovely people. :D :D

It was a great way to end my ''tour''. really happy i got handshakes from all 3 as bonus! Matt, Chris and Dom! :D Matt was so lovely, he smiled so lovely at me. :D but now i really miss them... wished i could see them again very soon! wouldn't rule that one out yet. ;)

Archived