Strange noise in the background of piano parts on TR?

There's some strange noise that you can always hear in the background when it's just the piano on The Resistance. It sounds like some sort of cannon/gunshot. It's mostly audible on the French section of IBTY, the beginning of Redemption and of USoE with headphones of course.

Not sure if this has been asked before but I'm really not sure! I can't tell if it's the piano making that noise (though I've never heard a piano make that noise) or some sound effect they used for some reason. :confused:

There's some strange noise that you can always hear in the background when it's just the piano on The Resistance. It sounds like some sort of cannon/gunshot. It's mostly audible on the French section of IBTY, the beginning of Redemption and of USoE with headphones of course.

Not sure if this has been asked before but I'm really not sure! I can't tell if it's the piano making that noise (though I've never heard a piano make that noise) or some sound effect they used for some reason. :confused:

Oh I hear some strange noises around 0:45 - 0:52 in Redemption. They sound like some soft drumming.

Depends on what you hear, if it's the pedal itself hitting the wood, the mechanism or random creaking. I suppose it would vary depending on piano and which of the (three) pedals you're using. They're the only logical explanation I have at the moment.

In USOE though it follows a pattern, and if they were pedals they would have been pushed for the same note in that section, right? Sometimes the notes played don't correspond to that sound

(I hope this post can be understood properly, I don't know how to word it :$)

Nice catch, doesn't sound like a pedal sound to me (I play the piano), but it may be recorded from a different "point of view" than hearing the foot click the pedal.

I didn't initially notice the sound at all, thought it was random crackle from my speakers/headphones until I repeated it a few times.

Oh I hear some strange noises around 0:45 - 0:52 in Redemption. They sound like some soft drumming.

Haha, I've been hearing this for the last 3 years of listening to TR, and I thought it was just some heartbeat drum sound link for all the songs. Not even after hearing it in Neutron Star Collision did I make the connection that it may be something to do with the piano.

It's on Explorers too.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived