2013.03.02 - Joe Louis Arena, Detroit, MI, US

emperorhand

my plan is very much take advantage of the People Mover - only $0.75 a ride but I'm sure it will be packed post gig. hotels could be less costly, but it is still downtown and it looks like a lot of hotels also charge for daily parking. it's part of the deal to attend a gig tho

cabs in Chicago are plentiful but can get pricey esp with the crowds leaving after the show. the last time I took at cab there was an automatic $2 charge just for getting in :LOL: might want to look into shuttle buses or CTA service pre/ post gig from where ever you're hoping to sleep - shuttles or buses would be fixed price at least

I wasn't really paying attention and almost bought VIP Section 107 Row 2. I was just in the process of checking out when I saw the amount of $438 and nearly screamed heh. Wound up in 109 row 14. Kind of high up but at least it's the section right by Matt's side of the stage...

This show was only announced 4 days ago - maybe it's caught everyone off guard. GA tickets are still available, even.

I picked up four GA tickets for our group--it looks like we'll be making the trip to Detroit with at least seven or eight people. I'm surprised how little traffic this thread is having; where is everyone else?

Yeah I got my three for us. I wonder how many Musers will actually be there like the last two times I've seen Muse? No big deal for me, it just means I'll have better chances of getting the barrier :LOL:

Yeah I got my three for us. I wonder how many Musers will actually be there like the last two times I've seen Muse? No big deal for me, it just means I'll have better chances of getting the barrier :LOL:

I have been so spoiled being at the barrier for so many shows that it's almost crushing not to get it now. It'll be amazing if I'm able to get one at my first Muse show. I actually just found out that one of my friends who I previously thought wanted a seat wants GA, and I was actually able to get another one, which surprised me. She and I will be there pretty early the day of the show. We're used to waiting in line for rail.

I picked up four GA tickets for our group--it looks like we'll be making the trip to Detroit with at least seven or eight people. I'm surprised how little traffic this thread is having; where is everyone else?

It seems like a lot are posting in the fb event thread? I didn't buy in the pre-sale, waiting to get paid Friday and then buying in the regular sale....GA for sure though

So any news on if the NHL lockout ends will this change the date? That's prob why I'm gonna get the Chicago tickets. I'm a big red wings and NHL fan and not way the NHL is gonna let a concert get in the way of scheduling games if the lockout ends. The joe is really small as well so is up pose there will be no bad seats.

I don't know if there's that much they can do about it. I'm sure Muse already has some form of contract or written agreement to use the Joe for the night. They'd probably have to attempt to schedule an away game or not have a game that night. There's no guarantee they'd be playing at home on March 2nd (or playing that night, period) even if the lock-out wasn't happening. The Pistons aren't playing on the 2nd, and Muse didn't go back to the Palace. I'm sure whomever is in charge of booking venues is aware of the lock-out and probably has some deal in place to keep the date the same in case the lock-out ends before then. And, for the record, I'm a Wings nut. I was at the Chili Peppers show at the Joe when they brought Lidstrom out as a surprise the day after he retired. I'm pretty sure I levitated.

Edit- Of course, the schedule for the NHL season was made pre-lockout. I just checked it. The Wings aren't scheduled to play on the 2nd. So, even if the season is back on (fingers crossed, I miss my boys in red and white), it wouldn't affect the concert. It looks like the promoters are really on top of things.

This will be my second time seeing Muse. My first time was at Lolla last year when I waited all day at that stage just to be on the barrier. I would love to meet up with some of my fellow Musers.. maybe order a pizza while we are standing in line :) Even though it's six months away, how excited is everyone?!

This will be my second time seeing Muse. My first time was at Lolla last year when I waited all day at that stage just to be on the barrier. I would love to meet up with some of my fellow Musers.. maybe order a pizza while we are standing in line :) Even though it's six months away, how excited is everyone?!

Super, super excited! This will be my first Muse show. My friend that's doing GA and I are planning on lining up early. Is there anyone that did GA in Detroit last time that lined up? If so, what time did you get there? I know they were at the Palace. I've been to shows at both venues, and I know they're a lot more strict than the Joe about stuff like that.

My group was at the Palace along with a bunch of Musers by 9 or 10 in the morning. However, the idiot staff was not allowing anyone to even park in the lots. Everybody was super mad that we couldn't line up. I heard later that it was Tom Kirk that finally told the staff to let us in after reading about it on Twitter or the forums. If I remember correctly that was about 2 or 3 in the afternoon. We were told when parking that we had to stay in our cars, but that lasted about 5 minutes before everyone rushed the doors and lined up.

I'm planning on getting to the Joe sometime in the morning, but it sort of depends on the weather and what everybody else is doing.

I don't know if there's that much they can do about it. I'm sure Muse already has some form of contract or written agreement to use the Joe for the night. They'd probably have to attempt to schedule an away game or not have a game that night. There's no guarantee they'd be playing at home on March 2nd (or playing that night, period) even if the lock-out wasn't happening. The Pistons aren't playing on the 2nd, and Muse didn't go back to the Palace. I'm sure whomever is in charge of booking venues is aware of the lock-out and probably has some deal in place to keep the date the same in case the lock-out ends before then. And, for the record, I'm a Wings nut. I was at the Chili Peppers show at the Joe when they brought Lidstrom out as a surprise the day after he retired. I'm pretty sure I levitated.

Edit- Of course, the schedule for the NHL season was made pre-lockout. I just checked it. The Wings aren't scheduled to play on the 2nd. So, even if the season is back on (fingers crossed, I miss my boys in red and white), it wouldn't affect the concert. It looks like the promoters are really on top of things.

Yea I saw the schedule for a non lockout season but if there is one it will be more condensed so idk. But I'm sure as you said they would have a contract of some sorts.

Yea I saw the schedule for a non lockout season but if there is one it will be more condensed so idk. But I'm sure as you said they would have a contract of some sorts.

The way I've understood it, if the season does begin at some point, the schedule will pick up where it should be on that day and play whatever is left of the season on that schedule. That may be why we were lucky enough to get a Saturday show since whether the lockout was or wasn't happening, there was no Wings game on March 2nd.

I'd be down to get there in the morning and line up early! We can make a day of it and just order a pizza and everything. :) It could be super fun! I'm coming with some friends from Kalamazoo so we are planning of making a day of it :)

I support this idea as well! One of my friends and I are doing GA, but the rest of our friends are doing seats. So she and I will be the only ones showing up early.

Who got general sale tickets, and how well did you do you for those who aren't doing GA? I got my GAs in the presale Tuesday, but my friends doing seats just got their tickets in the general sale. They all only wanted the $45 tickets, so I don't think they could've gotten lower bowl, but they pulled up Sec 209, row 3, which should still be a pretty kick-ass view.

I'm so excited! This will be my third Muse gig. Saw them at the Palace a couple years back and was on the barrier and then saw them at Lollapalooza and was also on the barrier. Have GA tickets for this one, too, and I'm hoping I'll make friends again (since I'm going alone again) and get a spot up front :) Cannot wait!!

Yep, I was GA at the Palace in 2010. Was right on the barrier, too :)

WOOO! I'm definitely hoping to get barrier too! This will be my first Muse show. I was at Lolla this year and was front and center for The War on Drugs, Metric, the Black Keys, RHCP, Sigur Ros, At the Drive-In, and Jack White. Best weekend of my life. I would love to see some people from the boards at the show. I have a lot of friends doing seats, but only 2 of us are doing GA.

Archived