2013.03.02 - Joe Louis Arena, Detroit, MI, US

emperorhand

yes definitely stay warm, everyone that will be in the queue tomorrow!

I'm trying to lower my setlist expectations just so I'm not walking away disappointed. I'll be happy enough just hearing ONE of: Map, Sunburn, Bliss, Ruled by Secrecy, Plug In Baby. Not asking for a lot.. heh.

Judging by the pattern, since Hysteria has been played the last 2 shows, I'm thinking we'll get Map. I would love to hear both, but since I have to choose, definitely Map. It's one of my ultimates to hear live!

^That's true, chances are pretty good of getting Map. I don't think they played that at the Palace last time, either? If they even really care to research that kind of stuff...

I guess by the same token though, New Born is more likely since Stockholm has been done the last few gigs... I know it's supposed to be "random" though.

Also, close tickets (but behind the stage) in sections 111/118 for a reduced price have opened up, and floor is again sold out. I suppose this show is selling pretty good after all!

^That's true, chances are pretty good of getting Map. I don't think they played that at the Palace last time, either? If they even really care to research that kind of stuff...

I guess by the same token though, New Born is more likely since Stockholm has been done the last few gigs... I know it's supposed to be "random" though.

Also, close tickets (but behind the stage) in sections 111/118 for a reduced price have opened up, and floor is again sold out. I suppose this show is selling pretty good after all!

Hysteria was played last time in Detroit! I wasn't there, but I just looked it up on setlist.fm. No Map. I'd be equally happy with SS or NB. And I know last tour, we were in the top 10 attendance-wise, so I would've been shocked if that wasn't the case again.

For anyone interested, I recorded some of the show and put a playlist together on YouTube.

Last time I had a really nice HD camcorder, but I got tagged at the metal detectors, and eventually frisked. :LOL: So I had to run it all back to the car, and this is what I got with my phone...which actually turned out better than I thought, but still not on the same level as last time. Joe Louis kinda sucks...

A million thanks for those videos - confirms they didn't do Headup after New Born. Glad I'm not crazy. Well, not that crazy anyway.

What a great gig though!!! Matt making a surprise return to the piano after Follow Me was such a treat. Probably made the show for me right there. :D

What a great gig though!!! Matt making a surprise return to the piano after Follow Me was such a treat. Probably made the show for me right there. :D

I'll second that.

When he announced (to paraphrase) "We've got an old one to play for you here. One from our first album. The first song from our first album."...My ears definitely perked up.

A little spontaneity is certainly welcome, especially when it doesn't involve removing a different song from their set. Class move!

Saturday at the Joe was my first Muse show and boy was it amazing.

They really do go all out with the stage presence during their songs. The whole place was energized during their entire set and during Follow Me, the stadium felt like it was shaking the music was so intense.

I was in the upper bowl but had a pretty straight on shot looking at the stage, so I got to see the video screens and everything pretty easy. I would love it they put out a concert dvd of this tour to catch some of it again. I saw a few YouTube videos from this actual concert and other venues and the stuff was decent, since it wasn't professional equipment.

Great song selection and I liked that it sounded like this show got an extra song or two thrown in that weren't common from other previous shows.

Def going to catch them anytime they are in town from now on.

... Last time I had a really nice HD camcorder, but I got tagged at the metal detectors, and eventually frisked. :LOL: So I had to run it all back to the car, and this is what I got with my phone...which actually turned out better than I thought, but still not on the same level as last time. Joe Louis kinda sucks...

Signs walking through the tube just said no lenses over 80mm and no flash at the Joe. But honestly I wouldn't take a "nice" camera into GA! A seat, maybe... Thanks for throwing some video on YouTube! I got hit with the metal detectors and my bag was looked through, but it wasn't to bad.

I can understand the hurried manner of the arena staff at the end of the show, even if we didn't like it! ...They had to get the stage out, the floor up, and resurface the Ice for the Blackhawks 2 - Redwings 1 game Sunday afternoon.

We talked to Dead Sara after the show, got outside in time to see the guys leave in the limo, for the hotel or airport.

In other Music news: Bobby Rogers of the Miracles (Smoky Robinson's long time friend) passed away in the Detroit suburb of Southfield around 6 am Sunday morning. Southfield was were we were staying. We found out as we were getting on 94 to head out of town.

Signs walking through the tube just said no lenses over 80mm and no flash at the Joe. But honestly I wouldn't take a "nice" camera into GA! A seat, maybe... Thanks for throwing some video on YouTube! I got hit with the metal detectors and my bag was looked through, but it wasn't to bad.

Haha, yup, I saw it and took a chance anyway. I didn't have a lens or a flash, but I had a nice camcorder, and it said no recording equipment. I'm thinking they probably were worried I had a weapon or something...good chance I could have gotten through if I'd have just told them. Oh well, what are you gonna do.

A million thanks for those videos - confirms they didn't do Headup after New Born. Glad I'm not crazy. Well, not that crazy anyway.

No problem!

I went to the 2010 show as well as this one, and as far as venues go I actually prefer JLA. It's smaller and, well... we were much closer this time than last. I've got to admit that getting in and out, especially when we'd never been there before (ahem, Canadians), was really confusing, but in the end we made it out alive.:LOL:

Amazing show, but I don't think any of us were surprised about that!

Here are a few pics we got.

muse_zpsb4203310.jpg

musematt3_zps6c1862ab.jpg

musematt2_zps2d2e9eb1.jpg

musematt_zps6414195b.jpg

Archived