SpazioRock - Chris Interview 17.9.12

Furygirl

http://www.spaziorock.it/intervista.php?&id=543&eng=1

Nothing too much new here, but a little bit more about the tour stage:

It's going to be a completely different show compared to the previous tour. No towers this time. We're focusing on this kind of pyramid that hangs from the ceiling and it kinda of invert in itself and it can break itself into many different pieces. The main video is going to be build around that kind of structure. It's going to be quite an impressive thing to look at, anyway.

Also, he was in a really bad mood when he wrote Liquid State.

I just don't get why people are so hung up on referring to it as real instruments. It's communicating something to the reader in a to-the-point way that everybody will understand instantly no matter how much they really understand about how music is made. If they were somehow feeling like they're above synthesizers and other such shit, they're doing just about the worst job a rock band can in showing that through their music.

I just don't get why people are so hung up on referring to it as real instruments. It's communicating something to the reader in a to-the-point way that everybody will understand instantly no matter how much they really understand about how music is made. If they were somehow feeling like they're above synthesizers and other such shit, they're doing just about the worst job a rock band can in showing that through their music.

Not people, just me.

I've just grown to really hate that term, mostly because it's just wrong. No matter what the people saying it are actually meaning when they say it, it's still basically implying that electronic instruments aren't real instruments. Also, I can never actually be sure if a person using that term is just meaning conventional instruments or if he/she actually thinks that electronic instruments aren't real instruments. That's why I think it would be best if people just stopped using the term "real instruments" completely.

Edit: Oh and to the "It's communicating something to the reader in a to-the-point-way bla bla bla" part, it would be much better to use a term like "conventional instruments". That is also very to-the-point and everybody would understand what a person means by that, but it wouldn't disrespect electronic instruments.

I'm curious to see how they do the "real instruments" stuff live...We've seen them playing around with Kitaras, and if it's that that they're using, which I suspect it is, then technically the statement looks pretty stupid...We'll see though...Either that or Matt's finally found a different use for his MIDI pads...

I'm curious to see how they do the "real instruments" stuff live...We've seen them playing around with Kitaras, and if it's that that they're using, which I suspect it is, then technically the statement looks pretty stupid...We'll see though...Either that or Matt's finally found a different use for his MIDI pads...

What song are we talking about here, Unsustainable? Matt himself has stated that in that song he was able to make all the weird guitar sounds with using just a regular guitar and a whammy.

Archived